Aaron Rodgers has arrived at camp

Dablitzkrieg

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Troy Brown was a precise route runner who made a Pro bowl and branch Was another precise route runner who played big in  big games

Bradys always been better with wide receivers who get to their spot… He can’t throw the ball to a physical wide receiver like Nkeal Harry

Kevin Falk was one of the best third down backs of His era

And a defense that shut down the greatest show on turf

Do I think he was surrounded with amazing talent? No .. But he was also surrounded with the greatest defensive mind in NFL history… Who shut down a lot of teams

He never won a SB with a strong WR unit.  I stand by that statement.  The only statement I’ve made in this conversation.  Not much to argue, unless you think Branch and Brown make up a “strong” WR unit.  And if you think they are, I agree to disagree.  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He never won a SB with a strong WR unit.  I stand by that statement.  The only statement I’ve made in this conversation.  Not much to argue, unless you think Branch and Brown make up a “strong” WR unit.  And if you think they are, I agree to disagree.  

I don’t think it’s a strong unit But in 2001 I don’t think it’s weak 

Brown was top 10 in receiving in 2001 and Patton was top 40… 31 teams 

That’s not bad actually especially for that era

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don’t think it’s a strong unit But in 2001 I don’t think it’s weak 

Brown was top 10 in receiving in 2001 and Patton was top 40… 32 teams 

That’s not bad actually especially for that era

I’ll stick with my statement.  He never won a SB with a strong WR unit.  Agree to disagree 

On 8/2/2022 at 2:43 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Josh doesn't do things other than play great football to reemain in the conversation.  Rodgers has to resort to this stuff and his usual drama to remain relevant in the public mind.

Aaron don't care...

Having the #1 scoring Offense  in the NFL didn't work out too well either.   Jones with 9 rushing and 2 receiving TDs, All Pro Adams with 115 catches and 18 TDs, Tonyan 52/59 and 11 TDs, M V-S 690 yards (21 YPC!) and 6 TDs.

You're right, what a waste...

I see what you’re saying, you could consider Aaron Rodgers career “a waste” due to lack of titles with good regular season teams. However, he consistently puts his team in position to make Super Bowl runs. I don’t know if he can do that with his supporting cast this season. That’s what I’d consider a waste. I realize Rodgers rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but I don’t fully understand the criticism he gets for his playoff failures. I’ve never heard anyone call Favre a disappointment for winning just one Lombardi. 

12 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I see what you’re saying, you could consider Aaron Rodgers career “a waste” due to lack of titles with good regular season teams. However, he consistently puts his team in position to make Super Bowl runs. I don’t know if he can do that with his supporting cast this season. That’s what I’d consider a waste. I realize Rodgers rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but I don’t fully understand the criticism he gets for his playoff failures. I’ve never heard anyone call Favre a disappointment for winning just one Lombardi. 

no one is saying he is a failure.  Some of his recent playoffs point to a guy who can’t will his team to the SB.  Peyton Manning had many such seasons.  7 times his team went one and done. 

No chance Packers get there this year…but I doubt Rodgers cares at this point. He got paid.   He was fine with Adams left.  He’s happy to be that  “im a complex and inscrutable character no one will ever truly understand or appreciate” guy

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

“What better way to work on my mental health than to have an experience like that? The greatest gift I can give my teammates, in my opinion, is to be able to show up and to be someone who can model unconditional love to them.” 

See what I mean? lol.

I wonder if the league will provide some incentives to shut the h up in the way of a suspension since he admitted to taking an illegal drug.

More of a concern is the young people who will look at his words crediting this drug with his excellent performance. Do young people without all of the benefits of the large network around me him try to emulate him. He is such an oblivious, self-centered (self-love is the nice way to say it I suppose) person. 

He cannot go away soon enough

On 8/3/2022 at 7:19 PM, Mr. WEO said:

no one is saying he is a failure.  Some of his recent playoffs point to a guy who can’t will his team to the SB.  Peyton Manning had many such seasons.  7 times his team went one and done. 

No chance Packers get there this year…but I doubt Rodgers cares at this point. He got paid.   He was fine with Adams left.  He’s happy to be that  “im a complex and inscrutable character no one will ever truly understand or appreciate” guy

That’s fair, I’m just saying the list of guys who couldn’t “will their team to the SB” is far greater than those who could. Rodgers does have one Lombardi. The list of great QB’s with one or fewer titles is extensive. Winning a title is about so much more than QB. Manning won his second title when he was completely washed, and Elway won multiple titles in the twilight of his career, not his prime. Greatness at the QB position almost guarantees winning a lot of games, but doesn’t guarantee titles imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.