Aaron Rodgers has arrived at camp

Dablitzkrieg

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Their WR roster is oakland A’s bad right now.  The rest of their roster is not even close to bad

Absolutely, but a great QB with bargain basement wideouts is a really bad combo. It’s the easiest way to waste the luxury of having an elite QB. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Absolutely, but a great QB with bargain basement wideouts is a really bad combo. It’s the easiest way to waste the luxury of having an elite QB. 

I saw Tom Brady win multiple Super Bowls with trash WRs.  

i agree…. It’s the easiest way to waste an elite QB……Green Bay has been doing it for almost 30 years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I saw Tom Brady win multiple Super Bowls with trash WRs.  

i agree…. It’s the easiest way to waste an elite QB……Green Bay has been doing it for almost 30 years. 

I’m not convinced about that being the case with Brady. He always had decent options on offense when he won titles. When the Pats left him with an empty cupboard, Brady was good, but he wasn’t championship Brady. Brady had a lot of good wideouts over the years. I’d really need to look back at his title years to see the wideouts, but I think he usually had decent players around him. I agree that Brady wasn’t always surrounded by superstars, but he never won a title with a supporting cast as weak as Rodgers this season. 

Edited by SirAndrew

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I’m not convinced about that being the case with Brady. He always had decent options on offense when he won titles. When the Pats left him with an empty cupboard, Brady was good, but he wasn’t championship Brady. Brady had a lot of good wideouts over the years. I’d really need to look back at his title years to see the wideouts, but I think he usually had decent players around him. I agree that Brady wasn’t always surrounded by superstars, but he never won a title with a supporting cast as weak as Rodgers this season. 

Brady’s Top WRs during Lombardi seasons:

2019- Dorsett, hogan and Edelman

2017 cooks, hogan, dorsett, amendola 

2015- lafell, Edelman, amendola, Dobson, hankerson. 

2004 and 2005- branch, givens, Troy brown.

2002-  David patten, branch, givens, brown. 

“decent options”.  Yeah, they’re “decent” alright.  

Edited by NewEra

48 minutes ago, nucci said:

that wasn't the point of the post I replied to

It was the way I took it, but seeing things in text always causes miscommunication. 

And yeah, not saying Rodgers shouldn't get paid, just in the twilight of your career I do feel like you should be willing to take less to play with more. Especially after making QB1 salary for 15+ years.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/27/2022 at 5:33 AM, NewEra said:

Their WR roster is oakland A’s bad right now.  The rest of their roster is not even close to bad

Board seems to agree but I don't know man. I think I'm betting all unders on the Pack this year. I'm not sold on AJ Dillon, they have no WR. People act like Tonyan is some threat but he did nothing last year and was Dawson Knox lite the year before, he's no bedrock guarantee that you build an offense around. That entire offense is going to be terrible, not just the WR.

Why such confidence in a poor offense, old QB, and clearly confused front office?

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

Board seems to agree but I don't know man. I think I'm betting all unders on the Pack this year. I'm not sold on AJ Dillon, they have no WR. People act like Tonyan is some threat but he did nothing last year and was Dawson Knox lite the year before, he's no bedrock guarantee that you build an offense around. That entire offense is going to be terrible, not just the WR.

Why such confidence in a poor offense, old QB, and clearly confused front office?

I don’t think one player makes an offense like you obviously do.  

Tonyan is a pretty good TE.  I don’t think he’s great, but was hurt the majority of the season last year.  The season before, he caught 88% of his passes.  He didn’t have ONE drop the entire season.  He had more catches and TDs that season than knoxs’ career bests.  But he’s Knox “light”?  Because he was hurt last year?  I disagree.  He’s a pretty good TE, similar to knox.  

aaron jones is better than any back we have by a wide margin imo.  I’m not really high on Dillon either, but he has a role and is pretty good at it. 

All pro LT David Bakhtiari played in 1 game last season.

Pro bowl OG Elgton Jenkins missed the last 9 games + the playoffs.  

top 5 CB Jaire Alexander played in 4 games last year.  

they had multiple starters on the OL, DL and WRs missed 4-5 games dues to injury last year.  

Imagine if Dawkins missed as many games as Bakhtiari—-  did you watch the Jags game?  We’re one Dawkins season ending injury away from possibly being .500.  The packers had the best record in the league without their all world LT.  Injuries matter.  Just hope that we don’t get hit like they did last season.  

I don’t think the packers will be great this season, but to call their roster Oakland As bad is just a terrible and inaccurate statement imo.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think one player makes an offense like you obviously do.  

I mentioned several, but it's all good man. No real need for the testy exchange, I've backed my reasoning for not liking the Pack this year, and respect your take. I will enjoy Rodgers missing the playoffs if it happens, and I personally think it will happen. It also seems like injuries and missing multiple starters has been a serious ongoing issue for them as well, and there's no guarantee that they'll suddenly fix that this year. Your list of injured star players doesn't necessarily inspire confidence that all will return to their previous peak forms, quite the opposite actually.

And yes, give me Dawson Knox over Robert Tonyan all day. May peruse the books to see if I can even wager on it. Barring injury, Knox will have a better year statistically.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/27/2022 at 5:37 AM, nucci said:

next couple of seasons Allen has $40M and $50M cap number

The $50M cap hit is not until 2025 and that is set up perfect for "restructure".  It will push money into the 2027 and 2028 years

where his cap hit is $40M.  Perfectly timed for when his signing bonus runs out.  Josh will cost money but that $50M cap hit won't happen.

His contract is set up very well.

On 7/27/2022 at 4:48 AM, Heavy Kevi said:

I just don't get it. If Josh did this everyone would think it's awesome- and I don't even mean here, I mean nationally... But Rodg is getting killed.

I don't love Rodgers, or really have any strong feelings about him at all, but this is pretty cool Imo. Just like when Josh did lefty, or called Barkley over to do a "step brothers" photo.

Dude is having fun. And that's what I like to see as a fan.

Josh doesn't do things other than play great football to reemain in the conversation.  Rodgers has to resort to this stuff and his usual drama to remain relevant in the public mind.

On 7/27/2022 at 7:33 AM, NewEra said:

Aaron don't care...

On 7/27/2022 at 6:00 PM, SirAndrew said:

Having the #1 scoring Offense  in the NFL didn't work out too well either.   Jones with 9 rushing and 2 receiving TDs, All Pro Adams with 115 catches and 18 TDs, Tonyan 52/59 and 11 TDs, M V-S 690 yards (21 YPC!) and 6 TDs.

You're right, what a waste...

On 7/27/2022 at 9:52 PM, NewEra said:

Brady’s Top WRs during Lombardi seasons:

2019- Dorsett, hogan and Edelman

2017 cooks, hogan, dorsett, amendola 

2015- lafell, Edelman, amendola, Dobson, hankerson. 

2004 and 2005- branch, givens, Troy brown.

2002-  David patten, branch, givens, brown. 

“decent options”.  Yeah, they’re “decent” alright.  

Branch and Troy brown were good for their eras 

and the next bunch of 3 Edelman was one of the best slots of his era and they had the best TE 

definitely not strong But they had good mismatches at critical spots

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Branch and Troy brown were good for their eras 

and the next bunch of 3 Edelman was one of the best slots of his era and they had the best TE 

definitely not strong But they had good mismatches at critical spots

He never had a strong wr unit while winning a SBs imo.  

my conversation on this subject was focused on WR units.  Not TEs.  Yes, he had great TEs for many of them.  

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He never had a strong wr unit while winning a SBs imo.  

my conversation on this subject was focused on WR units.  Not TEs.  Yes, he had great TEs for many of them.  

Troy Brown was a precise route runner who made a Pro bowl and branch Was another precise route runner who played big in  big games

Bradys always been better with wide receivers who get to their spot… He can’t throw the ball to a physical wide receiver like Nkeal Harry

Kevin Falk was one of the best third down backs of His era

And a defense that shut down the greatest show on turf

Do I think he was surrounded with amazing talent? No .. But he was also surrounded with the greatest defensive mind in NFL history… Who shut down a lot of teams

Edited by Buffalo716

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Troy Brown was a precise route runner who made a Pro bowl and branch Was another precise route runner who played big in  big games

Bradys always been better with wide receivers who get to their spot… He can’t throw the ball to a physical wide receiver like Nkeal Harry

Kevin Falk was one of the best third down backs of His era

And a defense that shut down the greatest show on turf

Do I think he was surrounded with amazing talent? No .. But he was also surrounded with the greatest defensive mind in NFL history… Who shut down a lot of teams

I think Wade Phillips doesn't get talked about enough as one of, if not the best in NFL history.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.