Training Camp Practice 7/26

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I like hearing about camp reps but i don't put too much stock into it. 

Sometimes you can read the tea leaves and kind of see a situation unfolding but it usually just fizzles into just another camp story. 

Maybe, but I think we have a - potentially - very talented rookie class.  

Elam vs Diggs in camp is going to be fun to follow.  

Cook is just a very electric player.  He should be making linebackers look silly.  

Shakir impressing is the one that has my attention because his drop in the draft sounds very similar to how we got Gabriel Davis.  Hitting on Shakir would be massive in our ability to work the cap with the upcoming (likely) Davis extension next offseason. 

• Like (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Maybe, but I think we have a - potentially - very talented rookie class.  

Elam vs Diggs in camp is going to be fun to follow.  

Cook is just a very electric player.  He should be making linebackers look silly.  

Shakir impressing is the one that has my attention because his drop in the draft sounds very similar to how we got Gabriel Davis.  Hitting on Shakir would be massive in our ability to work the cap with the upcoming (likely) Davis extension next offseason. 

It's early but nice to hear.

Bernard getting props and Araiza is a big hopeful too.

• Like (+1) 2

Terrell Bernard sure got a lotta praise on WGR OBL today. Frazier was even asked about him. They sounded amazed at his smarts and instincts saying he knew what was going to happen before it did. I'm looking forward to seeing him and Spector in the pre season. Frazier did make a good point though, saying..."The pads ain't on yet".

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, EffKCChiefs said:

Josh is regressing right before our eyes. He's already getting frustrated, not a good sign. May miss the playoffs this year, OC is concerning. 

I mean if any team could be SB favorites and miss the playoffs it would be the Bills right?

facepalm-annoyed.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The offense was sizzling last year in camp. This year they’re struggling. I think it’s the defense but it is something to watch with the new OC.

Josh is way more active in drills this year. I’m not sure how to take it yet. Talking more and going through things with the WRs.

Third straight year with the same offensive coordinator vs first year under this offensive coordinator.

Yes, the terminology is the same and much of the playbook will carry over, but it's a new playcaller with new personnel groupings and new points of emphasis. I'd be a little surprised if there weren't any growing pains.

If these struggles are still going on when camp breaks, or if the offense struggles in the preseason, then we can start to worry. Right now? Camp number three under a new offensive coordinator? Shrug.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EffKCChiefs said:

Josh is regressing right before our eyes. He's already getting frustrated, not a good sign. May miss the playoffs this year, OC is concerning. 

I mean if any team could be SB favorites and miss the playoffs it would be the Bills right?

Maybe too much golf this offseason

2 hours ago, EffKCChiefs said:

Is this a serious post after 3 practices ? If so wow lol

Josh and The O will figure it out. We are not winning anything on Day 3 and having to deal with more new changes than the D. 

Maybe we should be a bit encouraged with the Defense and the possibility of how good this Unit can be. 

Von is going to be a disrupter that we haven’t had in ages. Oliver sounds like he is off to a strong start along with Aj and Groot.

This D has the players and depth  to be a nasty physical team. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Is this a serious post after 3 practices ? If so wow lol

Josh and The O will figure it out. We are not winning anything on Day 3 and having to deal with more new changes than the D. 

Maybe we should be a bit encouraged with the Defense and the possibility of how good this Unit can be. 

Von is going to be a disrupter that we haven’t had in ages. Oliver sounds like he is off to a strong start along with Aj and Groot.

This D has the players and depth  to be a nasty physical team. 

Sorry. It was my poor attempt at humor. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, EffKCChiefs said:

This is like 2009. Offense could do not nothing in preseason, traded Hall of Fame left tackle, fired the OC.  Then, somehow, when the season started we played great and almost beat the Pats week 1. The point is, it’s going to be okay. 

7 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Lol, and probably some adults too!

Anyone else hear the wgr caller today complaining that Josh signs for kids before the adults who pay their hard earned money and sit through cold weather at games 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.