POLICE STATE BIDEN TRIALS: Corrupt DOJ/FBI/GA DA/CO SC/ME SoS: Trump Indicted 4x.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Actually that was your point, you just did not think it through before hitting send.

When you believe the GOP will save us from corruption you are brainwashed.  And dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

When you believe the GOP will save us from corruption you are brainwashed.  And dumb. 

Lol that wasn’t my point or even what I said. What are you on about?

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

12 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Lol that wasn’t my point or even what I said. What are you on about?

Simple.

Like most of the posters here, Nedboy is assuming that he knows what you and others are thinking.

The point is to have a DOJ and FBI that is politically agnostic. Equal justice no matter your political colors.

If you think we've had anything close to that, especially over the last 7 years, then it is indeed you who needs some serious self reflection.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Case in point. DC gulag.

The average length of pretrial detention is 50-200 days:

(from page 7)

"Most directly, the amount of time that a person is detained if they are unable to afford bail is substantial, ranging from 50 to 200 days, depending on the felony offense. The pretrial detention period is also growing, compounding the costs to those who cannot afford bail."

These guys were arrested on March 14th, which was 135 days ago. They are still within the average length for pretrial detention. It's not a political gulag, this is just how our system "works".

Also, given the sheer number of people who were arrested in DC in conjunction with January 6th, it's likely that the volumes are overwhelming the system, leading to delays in hearings.

If you want to argue that this is not how justice should work in America, that maybe we should have fewer people in pre-trial detention and maybe we should properly resource our courts to avoid lengthy delays for cases to be heard, then I think you'd find a lot of agreement from those on the political left.

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

(from page 7)

"Most directly, the amount of time that a person is detained if they are unable to afford bail is substantial, ranging from 50 to 200 days, depending on the felony offense. The pretrial detention period is also growing, compounding the costs to those who cannot afford bail."

These guys were arrested on March 14th, which was 135 days ago. They are still within the average length for pretrial detention. It's not a political gulag, this is just how our system "works".

Also, given the sheer number of people who were arrested in DC in conjunction with January 6th, it's likely that the volumes are overwhelming the system, leading to delays in hearings.

If you want to argue that this is not how justice should work in America, that maybe we should have fewer people in pre-trial detention and maybe we should properly resource our courts to avoid lengthy delays for cases to be heard, then I think you'd find a lot of agreement from those on the political left.

After Jan 6th your average Thin Blue Line, authoritarian, MAGA bootlicker is sounding an awful lot like an aspiring ACLU, social justice crusader.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

(from page 7)

Ignoring, as per usual with you, the lack of any evidence the DOJ had to charge Tanios in the first place.

So yeah locking someone up for 5 months without sufficient evidence, thereby destroying his business and having a hostile media label him as a cop killer is not how its supposed to "work"

Edited by DRsGhost

35 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Ignoring, as per usual with you, the lack of any evidence the DOJ had to charge Tanios in the first place.

So yeah locking someone up for 5 months without sufficient evidence, thereby destroying his business and having a hostile media label him as a cop killer is not how its supposed to "work"

The charges were reduced because he's pleading guilty... That is pretty standard.

DoJ charges person with crime. Person negotiates to plead to lesser crime. DoJ agrees, expensive trial is avoided, case closed.

I think there are fair critiques to this process, but this is all in alignment with how things work across the country and his treatment is no different.

31 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The charges were reduced because he's pleading guilty... That is pretty standard.

DoJ charges person with crime. Person negotiates to plead to lesser crime. DoJ agrees, expensive trial is avoided, case closed.

I think there are fair critiques to this process, but this is all in alignment with how things work across the country and his treatment is no different.

If that's standard, then it aligns perfectly with the title of this thread.

Unless you think that people should be charged with crimes that there exists no evidence for, in order to get defendants to plea to something else

There's nothing else to call that except corrupt.

You always charge the biggest crime you get PC for...if there was no PC the lawyers can argue that but one of the functions of the system is that guilty pleas to lesser crimes get the G out of proving a case beyond a reasonable doubt and get the defendant something they can live with rather than fighting a big felony and paying big lawyer fees.

I really haven't followed the Jan 6 stuff at all so idk what kind of evidence they got PC from. But trying to prove a constitutional violation in federal court is a long, expensive road. And a guilty plea to a lesser violation typically precludes you from pursuing that issue after you're out of jail. To be sure, there are both abuses in the system and misrepresentations of it (the statistics on people sitting in prison "simply for marijuana violations" for example). I don't know which, if either, is the case here.

15 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

If that's standard, then it aligns perfectly with the title of this thread.

Unless you think that people should be charged with crimes that there exists no evidence for, in order to get defendants to plea to something else

There's nothing else to call that except corrupt.

I don't think people should be charged with crimes without evidence. Thankfully, that's not what happened here.

So, while the system is definitely in need of reform, the DoJ is not making things up to get political actors.

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We can all go “round and round” but can we at least agree the FBI, DOJ, Homeland Security et al are corrupt to the corps? A good start to getting any faith in our government agencies would be a top to bottom review by those on both sides of the aisle…tall order I know. At minimum, I would settle for Hunter being brought to trial, but that is probably a stretch to. Guess I shall get back to working and paying my taxes without representation lol