POLICE STATE BIDEN TRIALS: Corrupt DOJ/FBI/GA DA/CO SC/ME SoS: Trump Indicted 4x.

3 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

Again, it's not only dems who've lost their ever loving minds. 

Ah, so now we are on the side of "it's totally fine for a private citizen to have classified materials" Are we throwing an "I'm With Her" bumper sticker on the car yet?

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Ah, so now we are on the side of "it's totally fine for a private citizen to have classified materials" Are we throwing an "I'm With Her" bumper sticker on the car yet?

Couple things. He's not an average private citizen and still has a security clearance as ex president.  We also don't know if he had these things the feds say he did. Could the feds have been fed a line bs? 

My first thought when this happened was Trumps team set this whole thing up to make the FBI look bad. He had to testify this week and he knew it wouldn't look good. The feds had been at his house looking for this stuff many times. The FBI is desperate to get him on something so one of his guys pretends to be an inside source and says he he's got this stuff here where you weren't looking. Remember the FBI brought a safe cracker for a new safe Trump just bought and apparently when it was opened it was empty. If Trump had wanted the warrant and receipt of goods taken kept private I'd believe the FBI but since he came out right away the FBI didn't find *****. 

Going forward Trump can walk around going look they thought I would take nuclear secrets what will they accuse me of next? He's basically untouchable. He's probably gotten tens of millions in campaign donations off this and if the raid turned up nothing he's the runaway candidate. 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Couple things. He's not an average private citizen and still has a security clearance as ex president.  We also don't know if he had these things the feds say he did. Could the feds have been fed a line bs? 

My first thought when this happened was Trumps team set this whole thing up to make the FBI look bad. He had to testify this week and he knew it wouldn't look good. The feds had been at his house looking for this stuff many times. The FBI is desperate to get him on something so one of his guys pretends to be an inside source and says he he's got this stuff here where you weren't looking. Remember the FBI brought a safe cracker for a new safe Trump just bought and apparently when it was opened it was empty. If Trump had wanted the warrant and receipt of goods taken kept private I'd believe the FBI but since he came out right away the FBI didn't find *****. 

Going forward Trump can walk around going look they thought I would take nuclear secrets what will they accuse me of next? He's basically untouchable. He's probably gotten tens of millions in campaign donations off this and if the raid turned up nothing he's the runaway candidate. 

He does not have a security clearance. President’s don’t get clearances by virtue of the fact that the President decides what is classified. Therefore, there is no clearance retained when they leave office. The current president usually reads ex-presidents into classified materials to get their advice or as a courtesy but as far as I can tell ex-presidents have no authority to demand or declassify classified intelligence. 

I think the simplest explanation is that, by the end of his administration, his team was staffed with D-listers and they just took a bunch of stuff not necessarily realizing what it was. For whatever reason, Trump was reluctant to give it back and when his team did send the documents, they messed up and didn’t send all of them. 

The scary situation that I would be worried about if I were in the DoJ would have to do with the Trump family’s close relationship with the Saudis. 

25 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

When those items were packed and sent to Mar-a-lago, they were declassified by that very action.

The end.

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Is there any case law to support that theory?

Well since there's never been an FBI raid on a former President's private residence to get "classified" documents I'm going to go out on a limb and say no.

I guess we'll have the endure a constitutional crises brought on by a corrupt DOJ to set the precedent at this point.

CONTINUED ACCESS TO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION
Whether or not former officials keep their eligibility and access to classified information is another issue more grounded in tradition than policy. It is common for outgoing presidents and officials to be ‘read in’ on issues and topics where their prior position and expertise are useful. This is at the discretion of the current sitting president. That means that any access to classified information a former president or government official obtains has to be granted – they can’t just walk into the CIA and say ‘brief me.’

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2020/11/30/former-presidents-and-eligibility-to-access-classified-information/

Just now, DRsGhost said:

Well since there's never been an FBI raid on a former President's private residence to get "classified" documents I'm going to go out on a limb and say no.

I guess we'll have the endure a constitutional crises brought on by a corrupt DOJ to set the precedent at this point.

So it is your contention then, that if Sleepy Joe goes out for an ice cream cone with a list of all of our spies, and leaves the list on the table while he wanders about aimlessly, that the list has therefore been declassified and anybody can read it?

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

He does not have a security clearance. President’s don’t get clearances by virtue of the fact that the President decides what is classified. Therefore, there is no clearance retained when they leave office. The current president usually reads ex-presidents into classified materials to get their advice or as a courtesy but as far as I can tell ex-presidents have no authority to demand or declassify classified intelligence. 

I think the simplest explanation is that, by the end of his administration, his team was staffed with D-listers and they just took a bunch of stuff not necessarily realizing what it was. For whatever reason, Trump was reluctant to give it back and when his team did send the documents, they messed up and didn’t send all of them. 

The scary situation that I would be worried about if I were in the DoJ would have to do with the Trump family’s close relationship with the Saudis. 

Step back for a moment and ask yourself if someone would risk being sent to  ADX Florence or maybe even executed for selling nuke secrets to a foreign government. This is not something easy to do. You're talking about one of the largest crimes in US history.  

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

So it is your contention then, that if Sleepy Joe goes out for an ice cream cone with a list of all of our spies, and leaves the list on the table while he wanders about aimlessly, that the list has therefore been declassified and anybody can read it?

My contention is that when Bill Clinton actually lost the nuclear codes while President he wasn't charged with anything.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Step back for a moment and ask yourself if someone would risk being sent to  ADX Florence or maybe even executed for selling nuke secrets to a foreign government. This is not something easy to do. You're talking about one of the largest crimes in US history.  

It has happened several times in our history. It’s dumb, but people try it. 

5 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

When those items were packed and sent to Mar-a-lago, they were declassified by that very action.

The end.

Even declassified documents were suppose to go to national archives ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DRsGhost said:

My contention is that when Bill Clinton actually lost the nuclear codes while President he wasn't charged with anything.

Ok, so is the theory that if the president moves classified material somewhere outside of the government, that this act alone serves to declassify the documents?

So if Biden is going to McDonald’s with our military secrets in his pocket, they would be declassified if he ate inside but not if he went through the drive through?

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

It has happened several times in our history. It’s dumb, but people try it. 

Sure it has. Former lower level CIA agent and FBI agents but you're talking from the staff of a former president. They'd likely execute you for that caue it's on a differnt level than those guys. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Ok, so is the theory that if the president moves classified material somewhere outside of the government, that this act alone serves to declassify the documents?

So if Biden is going to McDonald’s with our military secrets in his pocket, they would be declassified if he ate inside but not if he went through the drive through?

Maybe your hypotheticals will help reinforce why installing a dementia patient as President isn't a great idea. But let's be honest, Joe has absolutely no access to anything other than the ice cream menu.

My contention is based on what I posted yesterday.

Just now, DRsGhost said:

Maybe your hypotheticals will help reinforce why installing a dementia patient as President isn't a great idea. But let's be honest, Joe has absolutely no access to anything other than the ice cream menu.

My contention is based on what I posted yesterday.

That is certainly a legal theory, but I haven’t seen it backed up by any authorities anywhere. I don’t believe it is the prevailing belief in the legal community and if Trump is charged and raises this defense, I’m not confident he would be successful. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

That is certainly a legal theory, but I haven’t seen it backed up by any authorities anywhere. I don’t believe it is the prevailing belief in the legal community and if Trump is charged and raises this defense, I’m not confident he would be successful. 

Of course you don't. 

And if they do charge him and his defense is unsuccessful then I'll expect you'll put up no arguments when they raid Bidens home in 2026

Just now, DRsGhost said:

Of course you don't. 

And if they do charge him and his defense is unsuccessful then I'll expect you'll put up no arguments when they raid Bidens home in 2026

If Biden takes classified material to his house and retains it after he has left office and has been told to return it, then yes, I would absolutely support the FBI searching his home. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

If Biden takes classified material to his house and retains it after he has left office and has been told to return it, then yes, I would absolutely support the FBI searching his home. 

Just as long as you're clear where all of this is heading.

Because this is exactly where it's going.