NFL+ Streaming Service Launches today

DrDawkinstein

On 8/9/2022 at 9:51 AM, LeGOATski said:

They somehow took an already crappy app experience (Gamepass) and made it worse. The app is no longer available in the Playstation Store and it blocks casting to a TV....

WTF are they thinking? Who the hell wants to only watch games on their phone or tablet?

On 8/9/2022 at 9:57 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

I just hope there’s a way to get around the cast to tv block. Otherwise I’ll be buying a very large apple tablet screen. 

To connect a phone or a tablet shouldn't we be able to use a USB C to HDMI cable to plug it into a TV?

1 hour ago, BTB said:

Please clarify… is the NFL+ app available on Roku or Firestick, or something only accessed via phone, tablet or laptop?

Any live games, local and prime time national games, can only be viewed on the mobile app.  If you get the premium package, you can watch the prior seasons games on any device

2 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

To connect a phone or a tablet shouldn't we be able to use a USB C to HDMI cable to plug it into a TV?

I think it’s blocked if you are watching a live game.  If watching prior seasons on the Premium package, you should be able to cast to TV

On 8/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, Tony P said:

With the Euro basically at par with the US$, it's actually $190 bucks plus tax. Tough to beat. Only issue is that it's about 30 seconds or so behind the US broadcast.

Some countries actually charge less for the Premium package. For example, if you sign up under Brazil's server the cost is $99.

They all vary depending where they are but they all provide the same service.

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't tried it yet this season but does anyone know if we are able to stream the local bills game through either the nfl + or the nfl app. I remember the previous seasons I could just stream the bills game through the NFL app while at work on Sundays.

7 minutes ago, zevo said:

I haven't tried it yet this season but does anyone know if we are able to stream the local bills game through either the nfl + or the nfl app. I remember the previous seasons I could just stream the bills game through the NFL app while at work on Sundays.

No, as far as I know local games cant be broadcasted live even on mobile devices which is frustrating.

I wish the NFL would just give me a subscription service to get their games. I don't want or need the 100 other channels these providers want to sell me.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:07 AM, Peace Frog said:

The band is blowing Dixie, double four time.

You feel all right,when you hear that music ring

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Even on my phone most of the live games are "Listen Only". Only a small number are available to watch live. Pretty crappy product.

There's this thing called "VPN"

44 minutes ago, diversification said:

So we've been through 3 pre-season games and a regular season as well.  Any of you STHs figure out how to use your NFL+ code & VPN to stream live on your Firestick (or similar device) yet?  I've heard rumors that it can be done (UK, Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, etc.)

Can't get to work on Apple TV.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

There's this thing called "VPN"

Can't get to work on Apple TV.

You had me so hopeful with the VPN comment, and then so demoralized with the Apple TV comment immediately after lol.  https://support.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/5400793091612-On-which-devices-can-I-watch-games-with-NFL-  <--- This confirms what you're experiencing.  It certainly seems like they've intentionally created this NFL+ Product to prevent STH (aka people who have shown the willingness to spend money on the NFL already) from gaining the complementary access that was enjoyed previously.  "These people will buy stuff from us, let's make them buy more stuff from us!"

NFL+ doesn't provide live games to be played on a television. It's tablet or phone only - and primetime games only. 

For example, I was able to view the Chiefs/Chargers game this past Thursday on my phone in the NFL App. However, it would not work on my Apple TV through the NFL App. 

The link on the post above was very helpful:

On which devices can I watch games with NFL+?

Updated

Preseason games are generally available on a wide range of devices, including phones, tablets, connected tvs and desktop/laptop computers (subject to local blackouts).

Live Regular Season and Postseason games are generally available in NFL+ only on mobile phones or tablets.

Live Regular Season and Postseason games cannot be viewed live on your television or computer desktop. 

If you have an NFL+ Premium subscription, you can view replays for Regular Season and Postseason games on any supported device. 

I have NFL+, but I can’t access live games on my connected television. How do I access live games?

Updated

NFL+ live local and primetime Regular Season and Postseason games are only accessible on a phone or tablet.

The NFL App supports authentication with participating tv providers.  Depending on your tv provider, you may be able to use your pay tv credentials to authenticate and access live Regular season and Postseason games televised in your market.

For more details on availability and live coverage, please see FAQs compilations on Getting Started and Access and Content. 

https://support.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/5401376359452-I-have-NFL-but-I-can-t-access-live-games-on-my-connected-television-How-do-I-access-live-games-

Edited by CBD

I watched the game live on my tablet through NFL+ Premium. Other than a few minor glitches, the stream was perfect. And taking perspective into account, a 7" tablet sitting on my lap looks bigger than a 42" TV across the room. Added bonus: my wife had to sit really close to me in order to watch the game. 🙂

I heard ESPN was going to do the split-screen thing with two games; luckily they only did it a few times and just once or twice during a play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.