NFL+ Streaming Service Launches today

DrDawkinstein

They somehow took an already crappy app experience (Gamepass) and made it worse. The app is no longer available in the Playstation Store and it blocks casting to a TV....

WTF are they thinking? Who the hell wants to only watch games on their phone or tablet?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They somehow took an already crappy app experience (Gamepass) and made it worse. The app is no longer available in the Playstation Store and it blocks casting to a TV....

WTF are they thinking? Who the hell wants to only watch games on their phone or tablet?

I just hope there’s a way to get around the cast to tv block. Otherwise I’ll be buying a very large apple tablet screen. 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

I just hope there’s a way to get around the cast to tv block. Otherwise I’ll be buying a very large apple tablet screen. 

You shouldn't need a way. 

But what motivates them to block casting to a TV? What is the purpose for intentionally coding that into your software?

I can only figure that money is the motivation, but the NFL is only hurting themselves.

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

But what motivates them to block casting to a TV? What is the purpose for intentionally coding that into your software?

I can only figure that money is the motivation, but the NFL is only hurting themselves.

I’d have to think they were contractually obligated. I would think if they didn’t do it this way they would be in some breach of one of exclusive contracts the various networks have to broadcast these games. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’d have to think they were contractually obligated. I would think if they didn’t do it this way they would be in some breach of one of exclusive contracts the various networks have to broadcast these games. 

The breaching point being what screen it is on? That makes sorta sense. The consumer must pay for a subscription to whatever streaming service supports the TV screen and pay separately for the NFL service that only supports the small screen.......................... ***** my life

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The breaching point being what screen it is on? That makes sorta sense. The consumer must pay for a subscription to whatever streaming service supports the TV screen and pay separately for the NFL service that only supports the small screen.......................... ***** my life

That’s the only reason I can think of. There must be a financial reason the NFL isn’t allowing it on the TV. AKA they must not be allowed to in some contract. Otherwise they would offer it on every screen and get more NFL+ subscribes to further pad their fat bank accounts. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

51 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I remember spectrum did this. Forced you to buy either a box for every room or could use a roku box to download the app and it would work. I'm guessing the roku contract said that they had to block mirror to get people to buy roku devices. I cancelled spectrum tv shortly after this.

17 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I remember spectrum did this. Forced you to buy either a box for every room or could use a roku box to download the app and it would work. I'm guessing the roku contract said that they had to block mirror to get people to buy roku devices. I cancelled spectrum tv shortly after this.

You can Chromecast with Spectrum yet I think a Roku easier to navigate personally. https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/using-chromecast-spectrum-tv-app-spectrumtvcom

Edited by The Jokeman

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

You can Chromecast with Spectrum yet I think a Roku easier to navigate personally. https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/using-chromecast-spectrum-tv-app-spectrumtvcom

yeah its been awhile. im sure they got plenty of complaints and they allowed eventually. This was about 5+ years back when they went full digital and blocked you from using just coaxial. Thought streaming tv was the way to go but they been raising prices every year since they gained control of the market. It never ends... 

36 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

yeah its been awhile. im sure they got plenty of complaints and they allowed eventually. This was about 5+ years back when they went full digital and blocked you from using just coaxial. Thought streaming tv was the way to go but they been raising prices every year since they gained control of the market. It never ends... 

Television channels are always looking to make money, it's easy to blame the cable company but all they are is the middle man and sure they take some from the top but the providers usually get the greatest cut. 

The NFL App is so hit or miss when connecting on various devices.   You often get repeated "asks" to authenticate.  You login, activate, provide your TV provider, it says SUCCESS...then you can't watch anything.    I've had issues with my Apple TV, laptop, and my phone.  Roku usually is pretty reliable.  If the idea is to access NFL plus through the NFL App, I want more reliability before I fork over any money.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The NFL App is so hit or miss when connecting on various devices.   You often get repeated "asks" to authenticate.  You login, activate, provide your TV provider, it says SUCCESS...then you can't watch anything.    I've had issues with my Apple TV, laptop, and my phone.  Roku usually is pretty reliable.  If the idea is to access NFL plus through the NFL App, I want more reliability before I fork over any money.

That's why I'll hand over my $5 to watch the preseason and that's it.  Last year they couldn't even provide All-22 until towards the end of the season.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 11:30 AM, GolfandBills said:

Seems kinda silly to get this when NFLN is airing the first two Bills preseason games live.. I’ll just record those two

They didn’t in Orlando, it was blocked🤬🤬🤬

43 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

I just recently moved from Buffalo to a out of market city. Do anyone out of state use YouTube TV? I read you can access out of market games on it. I plan on signing up tomorrow, any input today will be appreciated.

Nope…. National area feed only

1 hour ago, Clyde Smith said:

I just recently moved from Buffalo to a out of market city. Do anyone out of state use YouTube TV? I read you can access out of market games on it. I plan on signing up tomorrow, any input today will be appreciated.

best bet is to find a college student that you can use their name and your email to sign up for stream sunday ticket... its like $30 for 4 mos. thats how i did it

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Clyde Smith said:

If you set up YouTubeTV initially in Buffalo and then moved, it may ask you if which location you want to watch from when you log in the first couple times and if you’re traveling or if this is your home.  

I have it and am back and forth half the week in South Carolina and the other half in ATL.  The first few times it asked me this, but hasn’t in a while.  It gave me the option of watching local South Carolina stations in Atlanta. 

Never really tried it so maybe it’s just a glitch and they eventually catch on.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.