NFL+ Streaming Service Launches today

DrDawkinstein

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

CBS depends on the market.  Locally CBS has never worked.

Funny you say that. I've had the same issues picking up the local CBS affiliats over the air in both Buffalo and Atlanta. I thought it was just a coincidence, but now I think it is something they aren't doing correctly. Interesting.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Funny you say that. I've had the same issues picking up the local CBS affiliats over the air in both Buffalo and Atlanta. I thought it was just a coincidence, but now I think it is something they aren't doing correctly. Interesting.

Response from customer service is "it is only available in some markets" but their ads do not state as such.

Just now, Limeaid said:

Response from customer service is "it is only available in some markets" but their ads do not state as such.

Oh, you were talking about the CBS app? I was talking about picking up CBS on the antenna. It's the worst reception of all the channels we get.

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh, you were talking about the CBS app? I was talking about picking up CBS on the antenna. It's the worst reception of all the channels we get.

CBS has the worst reception of any channel here in the Tampa area too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

With so many streaming services now a days, it would be awesome if a company would package a bunch of theses apps together into one single service

That way you get the stuff youd like and only have 1 payment to make

Wouldn't that be convenient? 

(Patiently waiting until people start describing cable after all these years of "cutting the cord")

There are services kind of like that.

Like on Amazon fire sticks, cubes and TVs you can add channels to your Amazon prime account for a fee. You can’t add something like Netflix or Disney plus but you can add a lot of channels that are also separate streaming services like Starz, HBO, paramount +, EPIX, etc. 

I believe Apple TV boxes offer the same thing.

Using a reputable VPN and subscribing to the European version of NFL Gamepass for $250 per year still looks to be the best option for those who don't have or want DirecTV. 

From there, all you have to do is hook your streaming device up to your TV either with an HDMI cable or via Aircasting, and boom, high definition NFL football on demand, on your television, plus NFL Network, Red Zone, and the full archive of NFL Network programming and past games and Super Bowls to boot.

Hopefully, this is the last year that this is necessary. Sounds like from 2023 onward, we'll be able to just get Sunday Ticket (or whatever they're going to call it) from Google or Amazon or whoever wins the bid.

So, unless I'm misreading this, they will have all the NFL Preseason games. I don't get the NFL Network so maybe it's worth paying $5 for the month to see the games. Worst case scenario, I just get the trial for a week to see PS game #3.

I assume by  "live local games" they mean local to where you are currently located, not your service address. Otherwise that would be awesome for people living in WNY (or with an address there) who travel a lot or lives elsewhere. Can't be that though. 

And for those complaining, doesn't this basically replace NFL Game Pass (or whatever it was called) but less expensive. Since I never used it, I suppose I'm probably missing something here. 

This was never going to be a Sunday Ticket replacement. To be disappointed about that seems ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

And for those complaining, doesn't this basically replace NFL Game Pass (or whatever it was called) but less expensive. Since I never used it, I suppose I'm probably missing something here. 

Yeah. This seems like a much better deal than game pass. Just being able to get the pre season games live for $6 or whatever is awesome. Never used game pass either but would sign up for the free trials just to get the pre-season games and then cancel. 

I like that they are getting their own streaming service.  I don't like what they are offering and won't be getting it.

Now, if they add their video library so I can go back and watch any game ever played (especially Bills games, obviously), I see value in that and would sign up depending on the price.  I have roughly 85 old games from the 80s through the present saved on my media server that I go back and watch frequently during the offseason to satisfy the football itch as much as possible, but many are in old VHS quality and the audio isn't that great.  I'd love to watch these games with NFL archive quality.  Granted, some of the copies I have do still have the original commercials in them and it is kind of cool to see some of these 80s and 90s commercials again once in a while!  HA! (Do you remember getting 2 Quarter Pounders with Cheese for $1.99 at McDonald's......now they are like $7 a piece without a promotion/sale!)

Anyway, they do have plenty of content that would make a streaming service worth it, but what they are offering isn't worth it yet.  Hopefully someday soon!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Dean said:

So, unless I'm misreading this, they will have all the NFL Preseason games. I don't get the NFL Network so maybe it's worth paying $5 for the month to see the games. Worst case scenario, I just get the trial for a week to see PS game #3.

I assume by  "live local games" they mean local to where you are currently located, not your service address. Otherwise that would be awesome for people living in WNY (or with an address there) who travel a lot or lives elsewhere. Can't be that though. 

This was never going to be a Sunday Ticket replacement. To be disappointed about that seems ridiculous. 

This is a replacement of NFL GamePass, the product that featured all of this content previously.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.