Bills sign G Jordan Simmons

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I'm not a doctor.  I cracked my ribs last year from a fall.  Had trouble sleeping as well.  Had to sleep in a recliner for 6 weeks.  Had trouble doing a lot of basic life things like sitting down and standing up.  It sucked.  I wish Saffold well.

I was in a car accident a few years ago and cracked 3 ribs (from the seatbelt). Yeah it took a good 6+ weeks for them to heal and a few months before they stopped hurting. The first month+ was the worst. Couldn’t laugh, cough or even breathe in without being in pain.

17 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I was in a car accident a few years ago and cracked 3 ribs (from the seatbelt). Yeah it took a good 6+ weeks for them to heal and a few months before they stopped hurting. The first month+ was the worst. Couldn’t laugh, cough or even breathe in without being in pain.

I've had rib injuries in the past and sometimes its a few days, sometimes 6+ weeks.

Being that I see Saffold on the stationary bike now, I think he will be fine soon.  That seems to me he's breathing fine.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Concerning Saffold & rib injuries, rib injuries can take a considerable amount of time to heal, any doctors in the house that could narrow down the average time for a couple or few ribs to heal up enough fora NFL linemen to be able to play effectively???

Go Bills!!!

Depends on what type of injury too...although if I am not mistaken don't guys play through rib injuries during games all the time through injections for pain and flak jackets?  Perhaps they would simply rather it heal up properly in time for the season than try and rush him back and turn it into something that lingers longer than it needs to or opens him up for potential for injuring them further.

Concerning Saffold & rib injuries, rib injuries can take a considerable amount of time to heal, any doctors in the house that could narrow down the average time for a couple or few ribs to heal up enough fora NFL linemen to be able to play effectively???

Go Bills!!!

For  a rib injury 😕 it is usually easier to know the exact severity but it is not going to be know . Up to 8 weeks if there is no tissue damage under the ribs. Could play with jacket on but very painful 😕. Linemen move and flex to much to play well with brushed ribs. 

I fell off a roof 10 feet hit a garage can took 3 weeks just to breathe correctly again.

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

I'm not a doctor.  I cracked my ribs last year from a fall.  Had trouble sleeping as well.  Had to sleep in a recliner for 6 weeks.  Had trouble doing a lot of basic life things like sitting down and standing up.  It sucked.  I wish Saffold well.

ouch! 

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When I was a senior, there was a sophomore girl named Jordan Simmons that was just beautiful.  I don't think this is the same person.

Jordan is a name that can go both ways. Now the challenging part is to figure out what pronoun to use for her him it? Maybe The Bearded Lady would work. Did the carpet match the drapes?

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

I'm not one either. I broke 2 ribs and cracked two others when I was 21.  It was about 8 weeks before I got back to normal activities.  Of course I didn't have the benefit of an NFL Doc and their pain management activities.  Hopefully, Saffold has a better recovery time.

33 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Saffold doesn’t start practicing until the end of camp…He might be ready by week 1, but he will be rusty imo…

I was thinking the same.  Sort of like Dawkins last year.  Hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I had the same issues

Saffold is fine. Their holding him out as a precaution. He’s a vet, he knows Kromers system, it’s day 2 of camp. 

Teams, particularly with their big guys, like to have a certain number of Lineman in camp so there is adequate enough time for them to recover. I haven’t looked at the numbers but my guess is they want to have 3 different OL groupings without having to double up someone. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just shows how much of a stud Fitz was when he played through cracked ribs he sustained in Toronto when London Fletcher (loved him as a Bill) came up the gut and crushed him. Unfortunately, it did effect his play . . . https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/05/fitzpatrick-johnson-elaborate-on-quarterbacks-rib-injury/

Edited by BuffaloMatt

It's just a pain control issue. If he's riding a bike he's breathing fine. I'd bet he'll get some time in before the start of the season. Rib blocks are very effective as long as you don't drop a lung like Tyrod but I doubt he will need them by the start of the season 

3 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

"Simmons will wear No. 61."

FTFY, buffalobills.com: "Simmons will wear No. 61...until he's cut."

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-sign-offensive-lineman-jordan-simmons

Maybe they see him as an upgrade over Ford?🤔

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

do we know exactly what kind of rib injury he has from the accident? I didn’t see anything specific

No, but please don't let the lack of information keep you from speculating. It is what we do best. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.