Bills sign G Jordan Simmons

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've had rib injuries in the past and sometimes its a few days, sometimes 6+ weeks.

Being that I see Saffold on the stationary bike now, I think he will be fine soon.  That seems to me he's breathing fine.

Thanks Doc!

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Saw a picture of Saffold riding the peddle and arm bike (Schwinn Airdyne) in today’s TC photos so it can’t be particularly bad, jmo. I’m confident he gonna be good to go relatively soon…, 👍

I was going to post the same thing. And that's actually an Assault Fitness AirBike. You can see the name if you blow up the pic

Just now, chongli said:

I was going to post the same thing. And that's actually an Assault Fitness AirBike. You can see the name if you blow up the pic

Cool, I didn’t know that folks were copying the old Airdyne design from forty years ago, it was as good an exercise concept back then as it is now. The shop I managed sold a semi truck load of Airdynes every winter for years. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I was in a car accident a few years ago and cracked 3 ribs (from the seatbelt). Yeah it took a good 6+ weeks for them to heal and a few months before they stopped hurting. The first month+ was the worst. Couldn’t laugh, cough or even breathe in without being in pain.

seat belt sign trauma is pretty painful but not very long term, if there’s not any other underlying stuff. If probably hurts the most at first but clears the fastest.

-t. Been hit head on before

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Cool, I didn’t know that folks were copying the old Airdyne design from forty years ago, it was as good an exercise concept back then as it is now. The shop I managed sold a semi truck load of Airdynes every winter for years. 

Go Bills!!!

I didn't realize Schwinn was the original (and didn't even realize they made these until your post above.) Good info. Yeah, at most gyms I've been to, I've seen the Assault Fitness AirBike, or sometimes the Rogue Echo. They must be cheaper, lol.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Concerning Saffold & rib injuries, rib injuries can take a considerable amount of time to heal, any doctors in the house that could narrow down the average time for a couple or few ribs to heal up enough fora NFL linemen to be able to play effectively???

Go Bills!!!

As somebody who competed on stress stress fracture in my ribs until one actually outright broke, stress fractures are a couple weeks off then work back. Not a huge deal. A full on break is like 8 months to heal. At a certain point it is about pain management while it is healing. I don't think he has a full on break, and I would assume he is back practicing in relatively short order. 

The issue is that blood flow sucks around your ribs. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Watching him moving around and laughing with guys (which is extremely painful if you've ever had cracked ribs), I can't imagine he's in that rough of a shape that they're worried.

But the fact remains if he misses even a couple weeks, that's most of Training Camp. I don't think it's a move that should make Thad or anyone think "uh oh, Rodger must be in rough shape" as much as it is we had an extra roster spot and we're down a Guard in Training Camp right now.

I broke my ribs twice in the past 2 years in separate mountain biking accidents.  The first time I was actually able to golf later the same day, and I continued to golf and road bike during my recoveries from each of the injuries.  I think I was basically completely recovered in about 4-5 weeks both times.  It really just comes down to your pain tolerance.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Concerning Saffold & rib injuries, rib injuries can take a considerable amount of time to heal, any doctors in the house that could narrow down the average time for a couple or few ribs to heal up enough fora NFL linemen to be able to play effectively???

Go Bills!!!

Not sure about the exact nature of his rib injury, but when I fractured 3 ribs a couple years ago it took me about 3 weeks before I was back to doing things normally.  Granted, my normal activities consist of mowing the lawn, playing with my kids, sleeping comfortably, etc…

It likely will take longer to be ready for full contact NFL football.  Rib injuries suck!  Very little you can do for them.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Jordan is a name that can go both ways. Now the challenging part is to figure out what pronoun to use for her him it? Maybe The Bearded Lady would work. Did the carpet match the drapes?

Both ways?

Kinky

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I broke my ribs twice in the past 2 years in separate mountain biking accidents.  The first time I was actually able to golf later the same day, and I continued to golf and road bike during my recoveries from each of the injuries.  I think I was basically completely recovered in about 4-5 weeks both times.  It really just comes down to your pain tolerance.

???

that’s a pretty disingenuous statement. 
Recovery time is much more complex than pain tolerance. Severity of the injury is probably the most important, but other considerations would include which ribs, how many ribs, the location of the fx, the age of the individual etc. 

5 weeks ago I cracked some ribs doing pretend roundhouses out in the driveway with my wife. I’m still in pain and still can’t sleep on my left side. Never went to the doctor though. My point is, it hurts. 

Edited by Maynard

13 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!!!

Usually bones are healed in 4-6 weeks... pain and any cartilage damage can take longer... really depends on severity and pain threshold... Can really hurt to breath and for a player that wrestles like O line do... you probably need a flack jacket.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.