Training Camp practice 7/25

YoloinOhio

Thanks for posting all the updates gents, season almost here! I'm about to go to this teacher's workshop to learn about 'Better test-taking strategies to help your students'. Hope more exciting than it sounds lol.

24 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Would love to hear from him during the after practice presser to get his thoughts. 

“Diggs is a great player and it’s been a challenge going against a guy like that. I’m just going to keep working hard and trying to get better.”

Pretty safe bet it’s something like that.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It sounds like Josh has had a rough start to camp but it is nice to know that and not have to be the least bit concerned. Remember years past? If one of our QBs threw two picks on day 2 of camp the sky would have been faaaalllllllliiiiiiiinnnnnngggggg. 

Difference was we as fans have never had a QB in the last 25 years who had proven himself in the season(s) prior. When it comes to 17, now knowing we have THE man it’s just like 

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Are they running routes with the receivers emphasizing YAC?

Yes, they have prioritized this as a need. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Difference was we as fans have never had a QB in the last 25 years who had proven himself in the season(s) prior. When it comes to 17, now knowing we have THE man it’s just like 

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

The funny thing is if you were to go to the comments on other great QBs in the league this would all sound exactly like what they’re doing

56 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I think this is the best way he is going to learn. The word on Elam is that he has incredibly athletic ability, but his technique is lacking. Diggs doesn't have elite athleticism, but his technique and route running is some of the best in the league. Hopefully this matchup

A) Gives McDermott an idea of what Elam can do before he is thrown into the fire.

B) Is going to show that technique work Elam needs to focus on most to try to get him ready for Week 1.

I haven't lost hope that White is ready to go Week 1, but I think it's not unreasonable that he might need more time, and even if he does come back that he's a bit rusty. Let's get the plan going now to be ready for the Rams.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dang.  I understand the real test is cutting - but doing all the jumping etc certainly is a good sign at this stage

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

He is a Jets fan

Which explains his choice in verbiage,

If this was the jets, it would be all about how outstanding the defense is and how it will make their QB better having to play against them in practice…, lol, 

31 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

“Diggs is a great player and it’s been a challenge going against a guy like that. I’m just going to keep working hard and trying to get better.”

Pretty safe bet it’s something like that.

I agree but it's always funny when you get some of those rare sound bites from guys.

Like if he said something like "He could probably tell me where he was going and still beat me, that's how good he is"

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Kumerow is going to get cut.

That WR room is pretty darn tight. If McKenzie isn't even being considered for a ST role, and they have Diggs, Davis, Crowder, Shakir...that puts him, best case 6th on the depth chart? It's not unbelievable that he's a goner.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That WR room is pretty darn tight. If McKenzie isn't even being considered for a ST role, and they have Diggs, Davis, Crowder, Shakir...that puts him, best case 6th on the depth chart? It's not unbelievable that he's a goner.

He's a core ST.  He's not getting cut imo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Then there would immediately be a thread on the Packers' board titled, "Pounding the table for Jake Kumerow" 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.