JA is Fitzy's favorite QB

BillsFan619

On 7/25/2022 at 11:01 AM, Solomon Grundy said:

Josh is everything Fitzy wanted to be as a QB

Their attitudes toward the position are much alike.  Take chances (not always well thought out) to make plays even if it risks your own bodily health, be a great teammate including taking the heat so others don't have to, engage with fans/media on a personal level and let your own quirkiness shine.  Yeah, you are highly paid and the most important player for your team every time you step on the field but there is no reason to act like it.  Josh can make plays that other QBs won't even attempt because they know they can't.  Not Fitz.  He was a QB that stretched the limits of own capability and it earned him an improbable 17 year, 9 team run in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Their attitudes toward the position are much alike.  Take chances (not always well thought out) to make plays even if it risks your own bodily health, be a great teammate including taking the heat so others don't have to, engage with fans/media on a personal level and let your own quirkiness shine.  Yeah, you are highly paid and the most important player for your team every time you step on the field but there is no reason to act like it.  Josh can make plays that other QBs won't even attempt because they know they can't.  Not Fitz.  He was a QB that stretched the limits of own capability and it earned him an improbable 17 year, 9 team run in the NFL.

This is an excellent post - Their physical talent couldn't be more different yet you hit the nail on the head re their similarities in a way I hadn't fully appreciated.  They are both very unassuming/self effacing and that's part of why it's such a good fit for Buff.

On 7/25/2022 at 12:25 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ok, so he was fan girling here.

Fitz may not have been the best QB the Bills have ever had but he's probably the most loved by Bills Mafia because of those kind of things he does .

I know he retired but has he said he retired as a Bill i haven't heard anything about it i did here Beane wouldn't be opposed to it if he did & i know the Bills fans would dig it for sure but hasn't heard anything about it .

Oh and it doesn't surprise me that he a JA fan !

Edited by T master

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.