Training Camp practice 7/24

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

McKenzie's 8 regular season fumbles on ST's in his brief season and a piece in Denver was one of the worst stretches a player has been allowed to have as a returner.    He fumbled a bunch more in the preaseasons too.   You can't give that dude much of a leash.........he's an all-time-worst kinda' fumbler.

Dang, I didn't realize he fumbled THAT many times.... sheesh.   I agree with you on McDermott needing to keep him on a short leash, but I'm praying maybe he's put that behind him, because when the ball is in his hands, he's electric....his speed alone adds an extra element to the offense....

Question, was it McKenzie who fumbled the kickoff vs the Colts, when nobody touched him?  I can't remember if that was him or someone else.  I just remember how much of a momentum killer it was, and felt like it basically ended the game for us at that point...

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Astro notes said Josh threw the pick 6 to Settle. Others said it was Keenum. Was there more than one or someone is off

Apparently Astro got it wrong. While his notes in the past were quite good, it almost looks like he has read his press clippings and now tries to be cute rather than just reporting what he sees. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Something tells me Bernard will have an impact. I know little about him, but all the comments and everything written about him indicates he’s ‘a baller’ who can play bigger than his physical size.

It’ll be interesting to see how he’s used in the Bills’ defensive schemes.

Could he make a position change to be an eventual replacement for one of our veteran safeties? 

Could he be an undersized pit bull like a London Fletcher or Sam Mills? 

He’s one of the newbies I’ll be following closely, hoping he’s the next ‘unicorn’.

I agree with you, I think he will make an impact. From what I’ve seen and read his comparable is Matt Milano, same size and playing style. I heard Bernard in an interview say that he studied alot of Matt Milanos playing style during his time at Baylor. 

• Like (+1) 2

Question for anyone who has parked in people's yards outside the campus.  I was thinking of bringing a wheelchair for my Dad when we go next week - are there sidewalks etc where a wheelchair can be easily navigated.  Would prefer this time to park there instead of dealing with the stupid school bus.  Also - is there an ADA section set up near the practice field - I've never taken notice in the past. 

31 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Question, was it McKenzie who fumbled the kickoff vs the Colts, when nobody touched him?  I can't remember if that was him or someone else.  I just remember how much of a momentum killer it was, and felt like it basically ended the game for us at that point...

Yes, I believe it was.  

Some guys give me confidence when I see them back there. 

McKenzie doesn't. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

There dining hall food is really good.  I bet it's the same food the students eat. 

They use the facility but have their own cooks using it. Bills have special healthy foods cooked for them.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

For those worried about the outside WR depth, the Bills clearly think the slot WRs can fit in there as needed. How successfully remains to be seen. But that is the plan.

Thanks for finally providing the answer to my earlier question.  And am glad to see they're playing Shakir outside.  They should just keep him there.

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, eball said:

Apparently Astro got it wrong. While his notes in the past were quite good, it almost looks like he has read his press clippings and now tries to be cute rather than just reporting what he sees. 

Settle probably picked it off OVER THE MIDDLE.

• Haha (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Dang, I didn't realize he fumbled THAT many times.... sheesh.   I agree with you on McDermott needing to keep him on a short leash, but I'm praying maybe he's put that behind him, because when the ball is in his hands, he's electric....his speed alone adds an extra element to the offense....

Yes.  It was McKenzie. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

A couple of my thoughts from camp today...

• Gabe Davis had an incredible catch in the end-zone. A perfect throw from Josh. Could have just been the plays being run but I noticed Davis was streaking deep every time Josh threw the ball to someone else. Davis seemed to be showing off his new gear - was chirping a lot with the CBs after every rep
  • Tim Settle's pick 6 was a beauty. He's also damn fast for a big guy.
  • Bernard made Knox look like Robert Royal all day. Not a good practice by Knox. Bernard on the other hand looked like a Milano clone - except when he needed to cover a RB out of the backfield. He was burned a couple times on sweeps to the left. Cook once and I think Singletary.
  • Watched Elam a lot. Ball was hardly thrown his way. 
  • Von looks as good as advertised
  • Josh had a couple inaccurate throws near the sidelines but by the end of practice looked like the all-pro we know
  • Punt god can kick it
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 13

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

Flashbacks to our talking points last season...when it was also a bad idea. I love McKenzie but don't want him anywhere near the returner position. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.