Training Camp practice 7/24

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

McDermott special.  Give seniority the first crack.  Watching new comers and young guys take the spot.  No favors, no one given anything.  You earn a shot you get a shot.  Gotta make a shot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, StHustle said:

why not tag em so he can defend himself since he is a member of the forum?

I've told JW multiple times on here that it would be better if he prepared questions so they made sense when asked..........didnt' ask questions and then give what he expects to be the answer before he's finished asking..........not show up on Skype disheveled and then ask a babbling question that makes him look like he isn't prepared..........all that kinda' stuff.    He knows.   He's just big time like that.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

Me personally, I feel like this is the year McKenzie finally nails down the punt returner spot, AND takes one to the house during the regular season.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't have high hopes for him.  

McKenzie's 8 regular season fumbles on ST's in his brief season and a piece in Denver was one of the worst stretches a player has been allowed to have as a returner.    He fumbled a bunch more in the preaseasons too.   You can't give that dude much of a leash.........he's an all-time-worst kinda' fumbler.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buf4alo said:

https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/best-college-food/

SJFC is ranked #6 for college food and a lot of it is locally sourced. The cafeterias really do cook up good stuff.

https://www.food-management.com/colleges-universities/st-john-fisher-college-dining-keeps-award-winning-work

My older son just graduated from Virginia Tech. I think they were ranked #3 when he got there and were consistently ranked in the top 3. I see from your link that they are #2 for 2022. I can vouch that there were a lot of options and the food was legit very good.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Man, there’s been A LOT of praise coming from Bernard, his speed, and his coverage skills, stretching all the way back to rookie minicamp. Ideally he’d play Milano’s position in the 4-2-5, but if he continues to progress he’ll have to find a role on the field. Maybe that means taking Taron Johnson off and running a 4-3 more often, I don’t know. Taron is a CB with a LB mentality so we’ve been able to get away with running 70% nickel. 

Something tells me Bernard will have an impact. I know little about him, but all the comments and everything written about him indicates he’s ‘a baller’ who can play bigger than his physical size.

It’ll be interesting to see how he’s used in the Bills’ defensive schemes.

Could he make a position change to be an eventual replacement for one of our veteran safeties? 

Could he be an undersized pit bull like a London Fletcher or Sam Mills? 

He’s one of the newbies I’ll be following closely, hoping he’s the next ‘unicorn’.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've told JW multiple times on here that it would be better if he prepared questions so they made sense when asked..........didnt' ask questions and then give what he expects to be the answer before he's finished asking..........not show up on Skype disheveled and then ask a babbling question that makes him look like he isn't prepared..........all that kinda' stuff.    He knows.   He's just big time like that.  

If there’s one thing that long time Associated Press journalist John Wawrow needs, it’s advice from internet message board user BADOLBILZ. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.