Training Camp practice 7/24

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He hasn’t been able to do it consistently up to this point. Idk much about punting mechanics so this is just a guess but I feel it takes a while to change muscle memory and have it down enough to keep it under pressure. I hope he does get it down and improves his accuracy so they’re not touchbacks. 

Im guessing where he was drafted, our current punter and the hype/background from this kid he will. He DEFINITELY cant gp on the PS or he would be snatched up quickly.

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Most likely Crowder is still learning the complex offense

Can certainly see that being the case.  I was very pleased with the Crowder signing, and believe he is a significant upgrade from Beasley.  However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have high hopes for McKenzie this year, and am pulling for him to nail down both the slot receiver position AND full time PR/KR duties.  His speed is undeniable, and I feel like he really turned it on towards the end of the regular season.  That game against the Pats he flat out destroyed every DB lined up against him, and IMO he truly earned Josh's trust in him.  

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Yes, the Patriots do....but not their own.

😅😅😅😅

• Like (+1) 3

Nothing on Tavon Austin? Really interested in how his intensity and leadership actually translates on the field. Those attributes may not earn him a 53 roster spot but maybe a practice squad spot to keep him around the locker room. Not bad for Austin…could still make multiple 6 figs doing what he loves and be on deck if a call up becomes necessary.

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Nothing on Tavon Austin? Really interested in how his intensity and leadership actually translates on the field. Those attributes may not earn him a 53 roster spot but maybe a practice squad spot to keep him around the locker room. Not bad for Austin…could still make multiple 6 gigs doing what he lives and be on deck if a call up becomes necessary.

I don’t have all the rules in front of me, but I doubt that Austin is PS eligible. I think he has too many accrued seasons.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t have all the rules in front of me, but I doubt that Austin is PS eligible. I think he has too many accrued seasons.

There can be up to 6 veterans with any number of accrued seasons now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Car crash for Roger Saffold? Anyone see Ross Cellino talking to him at practice? 

Day 1 having guys like McKenzie with the 1s or Quessenberry in starting OL spot because Spencer Brown was out with injury is something I like and is consistent with McDermott/Beane philosophy. That said, I expect Brown and Crowder to be the starters. 

Thanks to all for the training camp info. Super exciting...

• Haha (+1) 2

Josh at the podium

Imo, Warrow is embarrassingly weak with his questions in press conferences. He gets the opportunity to ask something but he’s completely unprepared to formulate a coherent thought into an intelligent question. Been this cringe worthy his entire time here.🤦‍♂️ Thankfully for him, he WRITES for a living and can be proofread before publication. juss sayin’🤷‍♂️

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Josh at the podium

Imo, Warrow is embarrassingly weak with his questions in press conferences. He gets the opportunity to ask something but he’s completely unprepared to formulate a coherent thought into an intelligent question. Been this cringe worthy his entire time here.🤦‍♂️ Thankfully for him, he WRITES for a living and can be proofread before publication. juss sayin’🤷‍♂️

why not tag em so he can defend himself since he is a member of the forum?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Two people referenced Quessenberry running with the 1s and Spencer Brown with the 2s. That is a surprise to me. I thought Brown was very respectable last year.

He missed all of the off-season with an injury.  Likely there to knock off rust for the present time.

And anyone know where they played Shakir?  I'm hoping it was outside.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

You'd be surprised. 

Some of the college cafeterias have pretty good food and at least 7-8 stations of variety.

It's not like when I went to college 

I work at SJFC we have the top dinning hall and services in the state. Trust me the food is legit and I’m sure the players don’t mind it.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.