Jerry Sullivan weighs in on 2022-23 season !

HOUSE

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I think you have more serious issues at play here if this is your reaction to someone else’s opinions 

If I wanted a therapist session I’d pay for it.

Sullivan is a tool and has been negative about the Bills forever.

Just now, McBean said:

If I wanted a therapy session I’d pay for it.

Sullivan is a tool and has been negative about the Bills forever.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

go ***** yourself Jerry

You speak for bills nation my friend. 

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

It's easy for Bills fans to be very optimistic about the upcoming 2022 season as the Bills do have the best young QB in the league IMO.

Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert are also right up there with the likes of Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes now. Me? I think Allen is the best after what the kid did to the Patriots in that playoff game...47-17. Wonder If the hoodie still thinks Allen is trash?

Anyway, look closer at the Bills last season to realize that last years team really played very poorly in several games. That Jags 6-9 loss hits me first...how on many levels? The literal drubbing by the Colts 41-15 tells me that even though the Bills defense was statistically number one overall...they stuck it up big time many times during last season.  

Look who they beat last season to garner that #1 overall defensive ranking. 

WK 1)Loss to the Steelers 16-23. 

WK 2)The Dolphins by knocking out the starter in Tua and destroying backup Jacoby Brissett!

WK 3)Beating Washington 43-21 because they faced backup QB Taylor Heinicke!

WK 4)Houston with Davis Mills at QB, 40-0 rating of 23.4...like facing Nathan Peterman.

WK 5) Chiefs 38-20 with Mahomes still reeling from that SB loss to the Bucs.

WK6) Tennessee, close loss 31-34.

WK 7) BYE

WK Eight) Miami, Tua showing he was not ready to face a good team.

WK 9) Jacksonville. 6-9 loss How the eff??? To a rookie QB who threw for 118 yards.

WK 10) NY Jets with Mike White at QB...who?

WK11) Indy Colts rushing 46 for 264 yards, 4 rushing TDs. Wentz threw for 106 yards!!

WK12) NO Saints, Trevor Siemian at QB...who? threw for 163 yards

WK 13) Patriots, loss to a rookie QB in Mac Jones who threw for 19 yards!!!

WK 14) Bucs, 33-27 loss in OT Buffalo came alive in the second half.

WK 15) Carolina, faced a washed up Cam Newton. who threw for 156 yards. 

WK 16) NE, the rookie again who threw for 145 yards.

WK 17) Atlanta, sacked Matt Ryan 5x. 

WK 18) NY Jets with the real rookie QB starting in Zack Wilson who went 7 of 20 for 87 yards. 

sacked Zack 9x!! 

Buffalo finished 11-6...when they could have easily beaten the Jags and finished 12-5 like Tenn, KC. Or, if Tremaine Edmunds isn't alone on pass coverage against Bucs WR Breshad Perriman. Josh doesn't slip against Tenn. Buffalo lost the opener to Pittsburgh that they should have won.

That #1 defense doesn't look so hot after beating up on a bunch of scrub QBs all season. That #1 defense gave up 552 yards of offense to the Chiefs in that playoff game. 

2022 opponents, Rams*, Titans*, Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers*, Chiefs*, Packers*, Jets, Vikings, Browns, Lions, Patriots*, Jets, Dolphins, Bears, Bengals*, Patriots*.

Much tougher schedule with no rookie QBs with 8 of 17 games against 2021 playoff teams.

Buffalo had better be much better at stopping the run as so many of the teams they face will try and do what the Colts did to Buffalo last season.  

That’s an awful lot of analysis saying you agree with Jerry Sullivan 

9 hours ago, HOUSE said:

He is now in Niagara Falls for a reason......

… Sleeps with the fish…, 

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Maybe so, but he has been right far more than he has been wrong. And fans have hated him for it.

Stop with the truth about Sully already, 😂

This article is an embarrassment. Any given Sunday. We out of any fanbase would know nothing is guaranteed in this league. I’ve had enough heartbreak watching this team.

With that said we have a damn good team and a damn good quarterback. It won’t be easy beating the Buffalo Bills.

Edited by Rampage
  • Like (+1) 1

Personally, I am glad Jerry set me straight. I can now look at the season realistically with no hyped up plans. Should the Bills whiff and miss the playoffs I can be happy I was warned rather then feel soooooo foolish.

A parade down Main st would have been cold in February anyway...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Sullivan has been one of the best sports writer in this city for a decade. Buffalo fans like their sports writers to be unabashed homers, and drove the News to can him. Sullivan's analyses was spot on in every respect. The Bills 2021 schedule was maybe the easiest in teams history and they were 7-6 after 13 games!! If any sports writers from Boston, Philly, or New York ever landed in Buffalo, Bills fans would be hiding under their blankets. I like having the Bills in the national spotlight, as it's been almost 3 decades since the Bills were relevant. If the Bills get off to a slow start (I real possibility), the fickle national media will turn on the Bills. I also worry that the Bills will take a step back this year.         

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

First of all I had no idea that he was with the Niagara gazette now and I’m not giving his article a click. But his headline isn’t wrong. I’m not a professional skeptic but I do think they will be challenged, not sure anyone has said they won’t be. Lining up for the parade is a bit dramatic, has he met bills fans?? Excited, yes, we deserve to be. But the fans are realistic imo. 

I am in the same boat.  I haven't really enjoyed the Josh Allen World Tour or the massive publicity.  The difference with Sullivan is its personal and predictable.  

Disregarding the author I think these are all legit questions that keep some Bills fans up at night. The final point on McDermott is true of any coach that has never won the big one. To McDermott’s credit his quote on this 2022 Bills team will be judged by how they perform week by week, is accurate.

As a title favorite the Bills can show their preseason accolades right out of the gate Week 1 on the road against the defending champs. 

6 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

He's toxic energy. 

For those that believe in that type of thing, I don't believe it's a coincidence that the downward trend of the Bills slowly began as Sullivan started his career at the News and our upward trend began as he got fired. 

Wow. You're granting Sullivan a lot of power, that he does not have.

It's that "Journalists = BAD" thang, goin' around, that makes people irrational.

It's comical, on some level...

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Can he literally never say a single good thing about the Bills, even when they are Superbowl contenders?

The short answer, is (((((( "WHO CARES?" ))))))

• Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Wow. You're granting Sullivan a lot of power, that he does not have.

It's that "Journalists = BAD" thang, goin' around, that makes people irrational.

It's comical, on some level...

The short answer, is (((((( "WHO CARES?" ))))))

"For those that believe in that sort of thing."

You don't. Congrats. 

Im not giving this guy a click lol.  Of course a super bowl isn't a lock.  This guy never understood that some people like to think positive and enjoy a whole season rather than be a pessimistic ####### and only enjoy one game if they get there.

16 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

"For those that believe in that sort of thing."

You don't. Congrats. 

Yeah, it's a tuff life, for people who have their blood pressure raised, buy a guy that has an opinion that you don't agree with...

42 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Disregarding the author I think these are all legit questions that keep some Bills fans up at night. The final point on McDermott is true of any coach that has never won the big one. To McDermott’s credit his quote on this 2022 Bills team will be judged by how they perform week by week, is accurate.

As a title favorite the Bills can show their preseason accolades right out of the gate Week 1 on the road against the defending champs. 

I’m a skeptic of mcd. Is he the dungy type coach that got canned from the bucs so they could win and then won a super bowl against Rex grossman? Is he a program builder or a stone cold killer like bill b is? Hope he becomes the latter this off season 

1 hour ago, Ross Murdock said:

Sullivan has been one of the best sports writer in this city for a decade. Buffalo fans like their sports writers to be unabashed homers, and drove the News to can him. Sullivan's analyses was spot on in every respect. The Bills 2021 schedule was maybe the easiest in teams history and they were 7-6 after 13 games!! If any sports writers from Boston, Philly, or New York ever landed in Buffalo, Bills fans would be hiding under their blankets. I like having the Bills in the national spotlight, as it's been almost 3 decades since the Bills were relevant. If the Bills get off to a slow start (I real possibility), the fickle national media will turn on the Bills. I also worry that the Bills will take a step back this year.         

Don’t think you have to worry just about the national media turning against the Bills with a slow start. After the Bills lost to the Steelers just last September there where people throwing Josh Allen jerseys on the highway didn’t look to smart by the end of the season.  

The only concern I don't agree with him on in his column is if that contract issues might impact team chemistry.  Players are well aware it's a business.  The rest of his concerns are legitimate.  I wish he would've gotten a little more technical and mentioned lack of depth behind Diggs and Davis on the outside.  Also, likely starting the season without Tre White forcing us to start two young guys against the Rams and Chiefs.

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Personally, I am glad Jerry set me straight. I can now look at the season realistically with no hyped up plans. Should the Bills whiff and miss the playoffs I can be happy I was warned rather then feel soooooo foolish.

A parade down Main st would have been cold in February anyway...

I never thought about it, but this must be how the traditional Burning of the Couches ceremony began! So obvious…..   🤷‍♂️

Edited by Augie