Jason McCourty joining GMFB & tells Eisen who he would want at QB in a single big game .. very powerful

CorkScrewHill

3 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

I remember when men were men, just saying the word requisite makes me think, maybe this guy should be on a dress stiching forum.

You good. Me Chong Li. Can't talk English good but me strong. Me like men talk simple. Me hate smart folk.

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/23/2022 at 9:18 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t think Josh Allen will even reach his peak until he’s like 32.  I think the game will be ultra slow to him by then.  OMG just think about that.

Jesus Christ that is a scary effing thought.  You know for as much as I love Allen, love reflecting on his past seasons, thinking about how he just keeps getting better year after year, how much more dangerous he's becoming, I not once sat and thought, "man, this guy hasn't even come close to reaching his full potential." 

We're talking other worldly.   Physically-wise, I don't believe he has an equal.  Cerebrally, I would say Peyton Manning.  But when his career is all said and done, I shiver when I think about what Josh Allen can accomplish.  

4 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Lots of people talking that Josh is MVP, but there is this other group of folk that want the Longjevity before they will accept a players accomplihments. Valid point, Aaron Rogers is the guy that everyone points to as the Incumbent, some say Mahomes, both Legit.

Today I had to watch Aarons most clutch plays, walking away convinced, Josh might be the most cluch player I have ever seen at QB. The clutch plays from Rodgers were solid, but the dude has a serious O-Line. Mahomes is amaing, good luck if they have 1st and goal, inside the 10. Mahomes might have a slight edge on Allen when it comes to short, shovel passes inside the 10 and the dude makes it happen all over right? Watching Allen be clutch throwing deep AF, I dont think I have ever seem more carnival crazy throws than this dude makes on the regular.

Allen is better than Mahomes and Rogers and that is effin that!

Go Bills~!

I for one, appreciate your enthusiasm my friend 🙂

I think it's safe to say Josh Allen has already cemented himself as a clutch QB. Hell, last year's playoffs alone should have silenced ANY doubters who disagreed and tried to argue that Allen is anything but clutch.  Dude has ice water in his veins no question.  I'm just glad football season is finally here.  This has been the longest off-season in my life!!

I hope you have your popcorn ready my friend!

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Weo, I’m not disagreeing with you at all.  It was in passing on NFLR on their respective shows.  No argument on any of these morons as I’ve grown tired of each of them.  I enjoy Pat and Jim on MTC, Bob Pappa as he was sharp especially when Tucker was

on the morning show, Polian on Wednesday nights, and Alex Marvez is pretty sharp.

My point is there are national analysts/hosts who make stupid comments like this one.  I don’t agree with it, but don’t get you’re rubarb up on me brother (as my mom used to say).  I know like all of us it was terrible coaching decisions and Wallace sucked when we needed him most.

Dan Leberfeld (Jets dude on NFLR) made a nice comment not just on coaching, but his assertion was we were  in dire need of Tre and was seen in those 13 seconds.  I don’t 100% agree, but it couldn’t hurt.

As my pain o the ars coach BB says, we’re onto Cincinnati.

I agree.  My disagreement was labeling that "reporting"--these guys aren't reporters, nor are they overly bright.  

Actual reporting reported Josh's insane playoff run.  The rest of the reporting focused on the Defensive collapse.

41 minutes ago, Billsfanatixs said:

No idea the internet could be so vulgar and mean spirited. I have had a blessed and wholesome experiance online until just now.☹️

low-effort posts elicit low-effort responses. Sorry (not really.)

5 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Lots of people talking that Josh is MVP, but there is this other group of folk that want the Longjevity before they will accept a players accomplihments. Valid point, Aaron Rogers is the guy that everyone points to as the Incumbent, some say Mahomes, both Legit.

Today I had to watch Aarons most clutch plays, walking away convinced, Josh might be the most cluch player I have ever seen at QB. The clutch plays from Rodgers were solid, but the dude has a serious O-Line. Mahomes is amaing, good luck if they have 1st and goal, inside the 10. Mahomes might have a slight edge on Allen when it comes to short, shovel passes inside the 10 and the dude makes it happen all over right? Watching Allen be clutch throwing deep AF, I dont think I have ever seem more carnival crazy throws than this dude makes on the regular.

Go Bills~!

Most clutch you've ever seen?!? 

Elway 

Aikman 

Mahomes 

Big Ben

Warner 

Rodgers (o-line? Really)

Wilson

Breese 

Oh, yeah, The GOAT too.

More carnival crazy throws!? 

You deciphered this from watching a video of Rodgers' clutch plays ?!?

Josh vs. everyone else? I'll bet the field any day. He's damn good, but this jock strap carrying is annoying.

JMO

On 7/23/2022 at 7:33 AM, CorkScrewHill said:

I know Mac Jones Oops .. he actually went with one Joshua Allen without hesitation though he stated he hated to state it. Talked about his growth and his very evident leadership. This would be great coming from a teammate .. but teammates say those things as do opponents who are trying to avoid bulletin board material. It is far more compelling IMHO coming from somebody who played for a hated rival and is now on the outside.

He should have got one season from the JEST to complete the trifecta.

He should try Thai Tea since he does not like coffee taste.  It has a decent amount of caffeine and you can make it in coffee maker just like coffee. 

Good morning drink which is also good cold.  My wife makes me a 10 cup thermos each day.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

He should have got one season from the JEST to complete the trifecta.

He should try Thai Tea since he does not like coffee taste.  It has a decent amount of caffeine and you can make it in coffee maker just like coffee. 

Good morning drink which is also good cold.  My wife makes me a 10 cup thermos each day.

My one guilty pleasure is a (cold) thai milk tea with boba.

6 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Go Bills~!

I remember Allen using shovel passes against NE, one to Diggs which was more like a shotput, and one to Knox. I remember that one more because Judon went nuts

On 7/23/2022 at 10:24 AM, Inigo Montoya said:

Josh just checks off all the boxes.

1.  He can throw the ball accurately with velocity or touch anywhere on the field.  Put Mahomes and Rodgers in that group too.

2.  Can run the ball in the open field like a Tight End and run short yardage like a full back.   Obviously Lamar and Murray can run in the open field but they're not short yardage guys.

3.  Has maturity beyond his years to shoulder the responsibility of being the face of a franchise.   Contrast that with Mayfield and Murray.  Who is another young QB who does it as well or better than Josh.....?   I'm not sure there is one.

4.  Is a leader of men and can get the locker room to follow him and makes those around him better.   Put Brady in this list. 

5.  Is absolutely clutch in the big moments.  Definitely Brady in here too. It would be fair to put Mahomes in this group despite his showing versus the Bengals last season.  You can say Rodgers but he sometimes disappears in the playoffs.  

6.  Is big as a mountain and an elite athlete.    Herbert is not as big as Josh but close, don't think he is as athletic.

7.  Has the strongest arm in the NFL.  Mahomes in here as honorable mention, but I think Josh has him.

8.  A desire to win that is crazy.  Who else drags Aaron Donald around by the facemask and trucks LBs and CBs on the regular?  The guy will do anything to win.  There are some gamers out there playing QB, but Josh takes it to a new level.

The bottom line is that there are other quarterbacks who have some of the same qualities that Josh has, but not one of them has all of them.  Josh is a unicorn and if he is blessed with a little bit of good luck has the potential to be one of the all time greats.

He can also catch like a WR. with his hands not his body  We have not seen such a QB since Kordell Stewart.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He can also catch like a WR. with his hands not his body  We have not seen such a QB since Kordell Stewart.

He's 0-3 in games he has caught a pass for points. 

Houston (TD)

Arizona (TD)

Tennessee (2pt conv)

Maybe we can do that play from our own 20 so we can be sure Allen doesn't score.

Edited by The Wiz

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

He's 0-3 in games he has caught a pass for points. 

Houston (TD)

Arizona (TD)

Tennessee (2pt conv)

Maybe we can do that play from our own 20 so we can be sure Allen doesn't score.

As for the KC playoff loss it is not all on Allen.

I do hope Dorsey is working with offense on situational awareness to know sometimes it is best not to score.

I remember a game where a player made a big play, got to goal line and did not score since it was near end of game and did not want opponent's offense a chance to get on field.  

I think we may be playing a lot of close games and sometimes it may be best to get into field goal position and get in position for a chip shot to win.

44 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I'm pretty sure Nick Foles caught with only his hands on the Philly Special.  I love Josh Allen too but let's not overdue it.

41 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

As for the KC playoff loss it is not all on Allen.

I do hope Dorsey is working with offense on situational awareness to know sometimes it is best not to score.

I remember a game where a player made a big play, got to goal line and did not score since it was near end of game and did not want opponent's offense a chance to get on field.  

I think we may be playing a lot of close games and sometimes it may be best to get into field goal position and get in position for a chip shot to win.

There have been plenty of those games but the Bills game I remember it was FJ that ran it 40ish yards and it was called a TD but Buffalo challenged to get downed at the 1/2 yard line.

That was the Fitz game vs the Pats.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.