Jason McCourty joining GMFB & tells Eisen who he would want at QB in a single big game .. very powerful

CorkScrewHill

I know Mac Jones Oops .. he actually went with one Joshua Allen without hesitation though he stated he hated to state it. Talked about his growth and his very evident leadership. This would be great coming from a teammate .. but teammates say those things as do opponents who are trying to avoid bulletin board material. It is far more compelling IMHO coming from somebody who played for a hated rival and is now on the outside.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 15
  • Thank you (+1) 14

What I think is interesting is his take on Allen's progress.  It's clear that, unlike many in the media, he has actually seen him play over the years.  He doesn't say "didn't know how to throw the ball accurately but then miraculously learned."  Instead says "saw flashes" but also saw the mistakes and when he cleaned up the mistakes and the flashes became consistent play he was a different quarterback.

• Like (+1) 5

38 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's a no-brainer. Pound-for-pound scariest QB in the NFL.

Youre right, but there are still people out there who give the nod to Mahomes over Allen and what really purses me off is lazy reporting about the Chiefs loss last year in the playoffs.  As if it was Josh’s fault.

The cool thing is this is going to be a Brady/Manning rivalry and the national media will take sides.  Before that like is middle aged guys was a Kelly/Marino rivalry.  I always thought Elway was that third rail.  In that way I see possibly Herbert to be our third rail.

Man it’s going to be a fun decade or longer if everyone stays healthy.

• Like (+1) 7

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Youre right, but there are still people out there who give the nod to Mahomes over Allen and what really purses me off is lazy reporting about the Chiefs loss last year in the playoffs.  As if it was Josh’s fault.

The cool thing is this is going to be a Brady/Manning rivalry and the national media will take sides.  Before that like is middle aged guys was a Kelly/Marino rivalry.  I always thought Elway was that third rail.  In that way I see possibly Herbert to be our third rail.

With great QBs, the coaching is the difference.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t think Josh Allen will even reach his peak until he’s like 32.  I think the game will be ultra slow to him by then.  OMG just think about that.

I think it will be within the next 3 years. 

Josh just checks off all the boxes.

1.  He can throw the ball accurately with velocity or touch anywhere on the field.  Put Mahomes and Rodgers in that group too.

2.  Can run the ball in the open field like a Tight End and run short yardage like a full back.   Obviously Lamar and Murray can run in the open field but they're not short yardage guys.

3.  Has maturity beyond his years to shoulder the responsibility of being the face of a franchise.   Contrast that with Mayfield and Murray.  Who is another young QB who does it as well or better than Josh.....?   I'm not sure there is one.

4.  Is a leader of men and can get the locker room to follow him and makes those around him better.   Put Brady in this list. 

5.  Is absolutely clutch in the big moments.  Definitely Brady in here too. It would be fair to put Mahomes in this group despite his showing versus the Bengals last season.  You can say Rodgers but he sometimes disappears in the playoffs.  

6.  Is big as a mountain and an elite athlete.    Herbert is not as big as Josh but close, don't think he is as athletic.

7.  Has the strongest arm in the NFL.  Mahomes in here as honorable mention, but I think Josh has him.

8.  A desire to win that is crazy.  Who else drags Aaron Donald around by the facemask and trucks LBs and CBs on the regular?  The guy will do anything to win.  There are some gamers out there playing QB, but Josh takes it to a new level.

The bottom line is that there are other quarterbacks who have some of the same qualities that Josh has, but not one of them has all of them.  Josh is a unicorn and if he is blessed with a little bit of good luck has the potential to be one of the all time greats.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Definitely trending that way.  
I just feel all Sugar High Josh will be gone by his 30’s.  He will be just Mr. Cool, Calm and Collected.  Probably break the single season total TD record.

I think Sugar High Josh is gone, at least until his first SB appearance.  But after that...

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think Sugar High Josh is gone, at least until his first SB appearance.  But after that...

I agree. I believe the Playoff game in KC this year was evidence of that. He was as cool as the other side of the pillow in the 4th quarter, even when all of the pressure was squarely on his shoulders, and put the team in position to win the game multiple times.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I know Mac Jones Oops .. he actually went with one Joshua Allen without hesitation though he stated he hated to state it. Talked about his growth and his very evident leadership. This would be great coming from a teammate .. but teammates say those things as do opponents who are trying to avoid bulletin board material. It is far more compelling IMHO coming from somebody who played for a hated rival and is now on the outside.

I heard this live in the car. I just discovered this station here in the Tri State Area 103.9 fm . I was smiling from ear to ear while listening. Heavy props and he didn't hesitate with his answer.  SB OR Bust . Lfg

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t think Josh Allen will even reach his peak until he’s like 32.  I think the game will be ultra slow to him by then.  OMG just think about that.

The 5252 mark, like on a vehicle dyno chart.   The point in the rev range where horsepower and torque will always cross paths. 

For athletes, I liken it to the point where athleticism (torque) meets IQ (horsepower). 

30-32 is about right.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Huh?  who said that?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.