Would you be okay if Allen sat the entire preseason?

Allen preseason  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Allen preseason

• Yes
    • No

There are some new catchers for Allen and I think that is hard for them to realize how fast he throws ball and that does not even come out as fast in training camp.  

I do think they need to determine who will be WRs and TEs quickly so they can get in sync letting the backup QBs work with others to see perhaps if any have skills to break thru the wall.

16 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

1st game is the season opener, prime-time, against the SB Champs. 

You dont go into that game, with a new O-coordinator, not having some actual game-speed experience together.

If the Rams continue their trend since McVay took over, their starters won't take any preseason snaps.

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Worked out well last year.  The offense had no troubles finding their rhythm in week 1 right?  Oh wait....

Wait? Wait for what? Are we still waiting for him to get that punt off?  

That happened right in front of us, making me ill. Oh, the character we have built over the years…….this board is certainly full of character(s). 

I’m good with it. I don’t care if any of those main guys play. If they sat 12 guys throughout the preseason you won’t hear me complain. The goal is a Super Bowl. This team needs to stay healthy again. Don’t add chances for injury. They’ve been together a while and by all accounts the system isn’t too much different. 

Additionally, there is a lot of competition for the back of the roster. I’d just assume see those guys get the reps. I’m all for the return of “Club Marv.”

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m good with it. I don’t care if any of those main guys play. If they sat 12 guys throughout the preseason you won’t hear me complain. The goal is a Super Bowl. This team needs to stay healthy again. Don’t add chances for injury. They’ve been together a while and by all accounts the system isn’t too much different. 

Additionally, there is a lot of competition for the back of the roster. I’d just assume see those guys get the reps. I’m all for the return of “Club Marv.”

My first worry is injury to a top guy, but you make an excellent point that it gives us a better chance to accurately sort out the depth.  

The logic behind the thinking that it would be beneficial to sit Josh to prevent possible injury is completely flawed,  our QB1 who by the way is a grown man and (god forbid)  could just as easily be injured on the first snap of the first regular season game, and it is more likely to happen when the season is on the line than in a preseason scrimmage, its just a silly concept on its best day.

Go Bills!!!

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

No 

see week 1 last season 

But he was plenty healthy/rested at the end of the season when it matters. The last 2 games may have been the best 2 games of his career. Thankfully he didn’t incur an injury in preseason that put him out for a period of time or nagged throughout the year. The Bills were the healthiest team in the NFL last year. Some of that can be attributed to the preseason approach.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I've posted this many times before. I would be fine with zero or 1 preseason game.  The coaching staff (and most of this board) almost assuredly knows 50 of the 53 guys that are going to make the final roster now.  Those 3 they don't know are just choosing between the 7th WR or a back-up OG.  Sure some marginal guy may surprise but they will pick that up in camp not a fake game.  Even with two full preseasons and a handful of real games,  McD and Beane managed to trade Teller away.  There is zero upside to playing the starters in the pre-season.  The COVID year proved the quality of play is unaffected by lack of preseason.  

I wouldn't dress a single starter the entire preseason.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.