Would you be okay if Allen sat the entire preseason?

Allen preseason  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Allen preseason

• Yes
    • No

I'd be fine with it, it's not happening though, nothing about Josh makes me think he doesn't want to get out there and start knocking the rust off for the season. Besides that, this year with Dorsey it's not happening anyway, got to get as close to game reps as you can.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

No, not really. It’s not a brand new offense but he does have a new offensive coordinator who is going to call some new plays I’m sure, and a new offensive line coach who has a different blocking scheme than the old o line coach. So I think he should get some reps in during the preseason.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I would have the starters play at least some. Especially any year you have new starting pieces on offense. 

I would have him play some as well, but if McD felt compelled to not give him at least a few snaps, I wouldn’t freak out. But I’m almost positive that will NOT be the case. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nope, looks like I’ve got free tickets front row behind the Bills bench for the Carolinas game with my boy. We both want to see us some JA close up.

On the level though, after last years rusty start I believe he needs some reps to get his mind right, especially with a new OC in his ear. They don’t have to expose him to much danger but he does need some live reps.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I realize I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't ever need to see Josh Allen take a preseason snap again.  

No preseason reps sure didn't seem to hurt him in 2020. 

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Nope, looks like I’ve got free tickets front row behind the Bills bench for the Carolinas game with my boy. We both want to see us some JA close up.

On the level though, after last years rusty start I believe he needs some reps to get his mind right, especially with a new OC in his ear. They don’t have to expose him to much danger but he does need some live reps.

What if by not playing, Josh was available to come up and have a hot dog and some popcorn with you and your son? Sounding better now, isn’t it?  :)

Have fun at the game! I’m sure your son will remember that for a long, long time! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

What if by not playing, Josh was available to come up and have a hot dog and some popcorn with you and your son? Sounding better now, isn’t it?  :)

Have fun at the game! I’m sure your son will remember that for a long, long time! 

My son is 21 . Chatting with Josh would be cool but watching him in action would be better😎

For his birthday he asked to see a regular season game so we are going to the Dec.Jets game.

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, lets start the year off looking totally unprepared like last year, and lose to a pathetic Steelers team. Most punters here seem to think practice is a waste of time. Didn't work out to well for Iverson either. Allen needs at least 20 serious snaps in game 3 of the pre-season. Bills could easily start 1-4 with a brutal opening schedule. They have a real schedule this year, facing most of the best QB's in the league, with an untested defensive line. I predict there will be folks jumping off the Peace Bridge by week 6. I small a wild card birth.           

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

I wouldn't second guess a decision to not play him. But I do think there is some value in him going through live reps with a new coordinator/play caller in his ear and getting all the technical and logistical stuff ironed out before the regular season. Not to mention giving him some time with the new offensive starters.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.