Go BOLD - 2022 NFL Bold Predictions

GunnerBill

1. At least six teams, perhaps more, will tank the season as a strategy. 

2. Frank Reich won't be the first coach fired, but he will be fired before the end of the regular season.   Things just don't work out in Indy this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/22/2022 at 10:48 AM, GunnerBill said:

Regular readers will recall I like to do this thread about this time every year, as we enter camp, let's have some BOLD predictions for 2022. I always do eight in total, 4 NFL wide and 4 Bills specific. My best year I nailed 5 of the 8. Last year I am going to give myself 1 and a half - I correctly predicted Carson Wentz would lose his job as the Colts Quarterback (which he might not have done during the season but they traded him as soon as possible thereafter) and I had Matt Milano to go to the pro-bowl and garner all pro votes. Well he did not go to the pro-bowl but he did garner 1 vote for AP all pro. 

So here we go for 2022:

NFL wide

• The Cincinnati Bengals will MISS the playoffs
  • The New York Jets will finish 2nd in the AFC East
  • Christian Watson will have more yards and more touchdowns than Davante Adams
  • Justin Herbert will win the MVP but the Chargers will be 1 and done in the playoffs

Bills specific

• Kaiir Elam to equal Jairus Byrd's team rookie interception record with 9
  • James Cook to lead Bills running backs in combined touchdowns (rushing and receiving)
  • Dawson Knox to be voted as an all-pro (at least 2nd team all pro honours)
  • The Buffalo Bills to lead the league in sacks

There are mine, flame away and add your own!

This thread seems to be a retread.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 7/22/2022 at 9:48 AM, GunnerBill said:

Regular readers will recall I like to do this thread about this time every year, as we enter camp, let's have some BOLD predictions for 2022. I always do eight in total, 4 NFL wide and 4 Bills specific. My best year I nailed 5 of the 8. Last year I am going to give myself 1 and a half - I correctly predicted Carson Wentz would lose his job as the Colts Quarterback (which he might not have done during the season but they traded him as soon as possible thereafter) and I had Matt Milano to go to the pro-bowl and garner all pro votes. Well he did not go to the pro-bowl but he did garner 1 vote for AP all pro. 

So here we go for 2022:

NFL wide

• The Cincinnati Bengals will MISS the playoffs
  • The New York Jets will finish 2nd in the AFC East
  • Christian Watson will have more yards and more touchdowns than Davante Adams
  • Justin Herbert will win the MVP but the Chargers will be 1 and done in the playoffs

Bills specific

• Kaiir Elam to equal Jairus Byrd's team rookie interception record with 9
  • James Cook to lead Bills running backs in combined touchdowns (rushing and receiving)
  • Dawson Knox to be voted as an all-pro (at least 2nd team all pro honours)
  • The Buffalo Bills to lead the league in sacks

There are mine, flame away and add your own!

Love em!  You weren't kidding, you went big AND bold my friend!  Swing for the fences right??  Okay here's mine:

NFL Wide: 

1. Deshaun Watson will be suspended 6 games, upon his first game returning he will suffer a season ending injury. The Cleveland Browns will win 2 games total.

2. The New Orleans Saints will win the NFC South, while the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will miss the playoffs entirely.  

3. Kenny Pickett will win Offensive Rookie of the Year.

4. Josh Allen will win league MVP.

Bills specific:

1.  Gabriel Davis, not Stefon Diggs, will lead the team in receptions, yards, AND receiving TD's.

2. James Cook will finish the season as the number one RB.

3. Von Miller will record 14 1/2 sacks.

4.  The Buffalo Bills will FINALLY hoist the Lombardi trophy, beating the Dallas Cowboys.  Josh Allen is named Super Bowl MVP after throwing for over 300 yards and 4 TD's, and rushing for 76 yards and another TD.  I am arrested for multiple charges of drunk and disorderly conduct and indecent exposure for getting caught running butt naked down Chippewa with a Bills flag in one hand and a Guiness in the other. 

NFL:

1. Chiefs stumble into the playoffs as the 7th-seed and are 1-and-done thanks to another Rat meltdown.

2. Bengals comfortably win the AFC North and make it to a 2nd-AFC Championship game, this time they lose.

3. Packers look great in the regular season but go down in the playoffs yet again. 
4. Bucs destroy the Rams in the NFC Championship game.

Bills:

1. Bills win SB of course.

2. Josh Allen is Super Bowl MVP and league MVP.

3. Bills-haters will be disgusted listening to Cris Collinsworth kissing Josh’s ass.

4. Jamison Crowder will not make it to week 1 on the Bills.

Edited by Rico

I hate making predictions on the Bills, I feel like it leads to just bad karma.

So...league wide!

Tom Brady has his worst statistical season throwing close to 20 interceptions and only 25 TDs.

Lamar Jackson is unable to make the offense in Baltimore work. Only having Mark Andrews as a WR target kills him, but the defense is #1 in both rushing and passing allowing them to sneak in to the playoffs.

Raiders don't win the AFCW but in week 18 Carr and Adams go off making KC miss the playoffs.

Jacksonville has a 10 win season and wins the AFCS and a playoff game.

Dallas wins 6 games and McCarthy is fired at the Bye

Edited by Monty98

NFL Wide

1. Mike McCarthy is fired before the end of the season

2. Chargers win AFC West and play Buffalo in Orchard Park in AFC Championship 

3. Baker Mayfield had more passing yards than the Browns

4. Trubisky plays well and starts all 17 games for the Steelers who make the WC

Bills

1. Ford plays better with Kromer and challenges Saffold for playing time

2. Moss makes the roster and has more TDs than Singletary 

3. Knox makes the ProBowl 2nd team

4. Edmunds does not make the ProBowl 

• Like (+1) 1

NFL 

KC won't make the play offs 

Gronk will come back late in the season for 1 more play off run with TB & TB 

Arizona won't have a winning record 

The Jets will be #2 in the AFC 

Bills 

Josh will be MVP 

Cook will be offensive rookie of the year 

Bills D will once again be #1 & have the most sacks

J. Phillips & V. Miller will tie for the most sacks on the D at 9 a piece 

GO BILLS !! 

Edited by T master

NFL:

Cheifs lose wild card

Broncos get #1 seed

Cardinals miss playoffs

Vikings make playoffs 

Titans miss playoffs

Bills:

Josh does not finish as #1 fantasy qb, less rushing yards and tds

Bills lose to dolphins and Pats once each

Bills get a slow start and don't earn 1 seed and get doubted, josh uses the doubt and takes the hard path to SB.

James cook scores 2 tds against rams and fantasy community loses their minds, but cook is boom bust for fantasy rest of year but good for the team.

Bills start 0-2 and everyone panics the season is over and all of sudden they explode and win 10 in a row . losing only 2 games after that final record 13-4 

Miami Dolphins earn second place in the division 12-5 but still get swept by the Bills . Dolphins collapse in the playoffs 

Bills lose first seed and here we go again and face the Chiefs in the AFC Championship. KC leads the Bills 33-10 half time . Josh Allen has a horrible performance in the first half 4 interceptions but somehow come back in the second and win the AFC championship 47-43 

Not predicting the Super Bowl 

All these predictions above aren’t very bold. KC knocked out of playoffs? Josh Allen as MVP? You want bold, I’ll give you bold. 

Lamar Jackson converts to Islam and changes his name to Kareem Abdul Jabar, he gets sued for copyright infringement and changes it to Cream Jabar. 

The NFC Championship game is won by the team who barely scores enough points as time expires. 

Matt Araiza perfects the drop kick. 

Bills become the first team in NFL history with (4) 1,000 yard receivers. Diggs, Davis, McKenzie and Knox. Everyone has to stay healthy but that's only 58.8 ypg to hit 1,000 in 17 games. I'd expect Diggs and Davis to easily reach that. Knox was 20th in the league in targets last year and missed two games with injury. 

If the above does happen, Allen is going to be really close to the single season passing record. If Cook really becomes a weapon out of the backfield maybe replace McKenzie with Cook to be the 4th player with 1,000 receiving yards. 

I know many want to see the Bills emphasize the run game more. I'd prefer a sprinkling of the run game but still mostly putting the ball in Allen's hands. He's our best weapon so it doesn't make sense to hand off more. Hopefully Allen can limit is rush attempts to maybe half of what he had in the regular season last year and turn those into more pass attempts. Allen threw the ball 646 times last year. Less than Mahomes, Herbert and Brady. He does have room for 30-40 more attempts. About a full game worth of extra attempts.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:54 AM, Logic said:

Bills specific

- The Bills will lose a playoff game that they should win, leading to an offseason of heated "should we fire McDermott?!" debate

Bills got to get that home field advantage in the playoffs. All of their playoff losses under the McDeromott era have been on the road. And more specifically, all of our last second heartbreaking losses have been on the road. Hail Murray game, Titans on MNF and the Chiefs debacle. 

The Bengals prove they're here to stay and win the first seed in the AFC, beat the Chiefs after the bye, and host the AFC championship game.

Chase and Higgins both go for 1500+ and 10+ tds.

2 of the following 3; Giants, Panthers, Commanders, make the playoffs 

Brady wins MVP and the Bucs get the first seed.

Rodgers and Brady have an all time great battle in the NFC Championship game. Where Rodgers pulls out a miracle on the last drive to lead the Packers to the Super Bowl. 

Mahomes and the Chiefs struggle to stay atop the AFCW and are a wildcard team. 

The Jets push for a playoff spot all season. If they make it in, 3 teams from the AFCE are in the playoffs. 

AFC wide

Joe Burrow won’t be 100%. The Cincinnati Bengals will MISS the playoffs, as OP said 

Denver wins the afc west and plays the bills in the afc championship game in orchard park

Chargers will lose Herbert mid season due to injury and Jimmy Garrapolo will be picked up and will lead them to afc divisional game

Bills specific

Gabriel Davis will have more yards and TD’s than Diggs at end of season 

OJ Howard and Dawson Knox will make up most of our offense 

The Buffalo Bills will be the number 1 defense in the nfl (Frazier will be hired as a head coach after this season) and our defense will be the reason we WIN the super bowl over the Dallas cowboys 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.