2022 Training Camp - Week 1

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I suspect White is out until late September/early October to meet the ideal 9 month quota for return to sport post ACL repair timeline. 

I expect White will be back for the opener but they really don't start to "need" him back until the Miami game on 9/25.     Home opener against TN should be a blowout, regardless of who is at CB.  

The actual opener is much tougher but a non-conference game........lotta' hype but a much less important game than the opener last season against Pittsburgh because of the lack of tie-breaker implications.   

Tre White isn't really a good matchup outside against Miami's super fast receivers either but perhaps he can get a turnover or something that you can't expect out of the rest of the boundary CB's.

Truth is.........in the time that McDermott has been here they have never really struggled defensively directly because of who they had at CB............ever.    The system is designed to allow guys like Cam Lewis to step in and not look overmatched.    Not the least bit worried about CB.    I half expect all the focus and hype and hand wringing about getting Elam ready could lead to him trying to do too much and ending up injured.   Drafting for need puts a lot of pressure on those players.   

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.