2022 Training Camp - Week 1

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This post brings up awesome memories! My favorite videos of Lawson and Phillips from the 2019 Dallas Thanksgiving game, when Buffalo arrived in the national spotlight for the first time in the McBeane era and shocked the nation:

Edited by chongli

8 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Yeah as left handers make up only 10% of the world there my friend.

Guitars are an even smaller niche for lefties. Kids are usually just told 'you don't know how to play it either way' and get stuck with hand me down guitar.

(Mini rant incoming) When I go to guitar center there's a few hundred guitars there.... maybe one or two lefties, a real b-word.

Rare company with- Hendrix the most famous. Paul McCartney. Cobain.... and if you ain't a Beatle. I hope you like a black guitar 😆😆 cause it's your only color option 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:50 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Are you referring to Beasley? 

what does being a former DC have to do with liking vets?

I wouldn’t exactly call McKenzie “up and coming”. This is his 6th season in the league

Mike Tolbert
Chris Ivory

Frank Gore 

Kelvin Benjamin

Interested in Greg Olsen

John Brown

Cole Beasley stunk last year

Emmanuel Sanders who was out of gas by Week 7 last year

You’re seeing it already with Jamison Crowder already on a bike

This staff still tries to work these worn out veterans into starting positions.

Gabe Davis being held back last season was eye opening. 

And for those that don’t point the finger at McDermott, you’re wrong because this GM routinely talks about getting type of players this Coaching Staff wants. McDermott is in the room when they break down off-season needs and positional assessments. 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Mike Tolbert
Chris Ivory

Frank Gore 

Kelvin Benjamin

Interested in Greg Olsen

John Brown

Cole Beasley stunk last year

Emmanuel Sanders who was out of gas by Week 7 last year

You’re seeing it already with Jamison Crowder already on a bike

This staff still tries to work these worn out veterans into starting positions.

Gabe Davis being held back last season was eye opening. 

And for those that don’t point the finger at McDermott, you’re wrong because this GM routinely talks about getting type of players this Coaching Staff wants. McDermott is in the room when they break down off-season needs and positional assessments. 

I didn’t say he didn’t like vets. He does. I asked what that had to do with him being a former DC as implicated. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t say he didn’t like vets. He does. I asked what that had to do with him being a former DC as implicated. 

When McDermott got hired he banged the drum of Buffalo weather and physical run games.

That’s how a defensive coordinator classically thinks about offense. 

Of course he isn’t doing that today, but I don’t think he’s Sean McVay either when it comes to offense, and I think at times his staff is slow to recognize players who are better in favor of veteran guys from his Week 1 Depth Chart. 

On 7/23/2022 at 12:43 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

Hopefully Knox is the one to be signed. Not sold on Edmunds or Oliver for that matter. I'm not sure there's ever been a player MORE overrated by bills fans than Ed.

I don’t know if he is THE most over rated, he’s a solid player and people do have delusions about him being a star though.   He’s not producing what you want for a top 10 pick, but he’s a starter in the league. 

For me, Robert Foster was probably the most over hyped, people were speculating the Bills could trade him for a 1st after his late season string of back yard go routes from Allen… until he was cut before the next season.  That was some serious stupidity. 

• Agree 1

This thread was so much more enjoyable when it consisted of Yolo and others posted snippets from social media and the internet.

enter opinions…..and it becomes unreadable like most other threads.  

Can we make a pinned thread that only includes reports from camp and doesn’t allow all the nonsense/opinions from tbd?

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This thread was so much more enjoyable when it consisted of Yolo and others posted snippets from social media and the internet.

enter opinions…..and it becomes unreadable like most other threads.  

Can we make a pinned thread that only includes reports from camp and doesn’t allow all the nonsense/opinions from tbd?

The daily practice threads have most of the the camp reports. This one is more interviews, videos and general media insight not specific to a single practice. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The daily practice threads have most of the the camp reports. This one is more interviews, videos and general media insight not specific to a single practice. 

Yeah, that thread has a bunch of opinion that I don’t want to read either.  At this point in camp, I just want to know what happened at camp.  I don’t want to know what everyone thinks about what happened at camp.  I’ve been reading the same opinions for the last 7 months.  It’s the same ****

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.