Training Camp reports - what is the best way?

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I would nominate you for the first two categories. You always seem to put those threads together nicely. If everyone would just wait for you to start each daily TC thread, we could add to it. Otherwise, the mods will have to put together 5 or 6 threads when guys race to start them at 1am, 3am, etc. 

All in favor of having Yolo start the daily media and weekly TC threads?

Sure I can do that - however if it looks like I forgot or didn’t get a chance and practice has started, someone else please feel free!!

On 7/21/2022 at 10:54 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Excited to have fans back at camp this year and hopefully we will have some TBD posters there. It’s been a couple years but I’m trying to remember, I think anyone who watched camp live and was willing to do a write-up on their observations, got their own thread. Is that still what we should do so those don’t get buried in the practice threads?

as far as compiling tweets, practice videos, media analysis, etc do we want one thread for each practice? Or one per week? 

Can’t wait!

Some good suggestions here. As you stated, it’s been a couple years, but if ‘’Rastro’ will be making a daily camp visit as in years gone by and posts his AstroNotes, I’ll post them in whatever daily thread we have going.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think a mod has to do that, and would be fine if they did. If not, anyone can create the TC thread of the day and we will all just add to it

Totally agree - it is just nice when the mods have them set ahead of time - so everyone knows where to post before the game day stuff rolls in.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw on Twitter that Astro is going to post his notes this year (he lives close to SJF) so I’ll put those in the daily thread since he doesn’t post them here directly anymore. 

Thank you. I figured he would.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw on Twitter that Astro is going to post his notes this year (he lives close to SJF) so I’ll put those in the daily thread since he doesn’t post them here directly anymore. 

Will those threads also

contain lots of posts from others as well? Would be difficult to have to sift through a thread to find Astro’s report somewhere on page 5…

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

Will those threads also

contain lots of posts from others as well? Would be difficult to have to sift through a thread to find Astro’s report somewhere on page 5…

I think I would put them with the media reports. He usually does one main link  with all his notes (if I recall correctly)

The best way, is exactly the way it will play out.  Those who feel their every thought needs to be a new thread, will do so.  Everyone else will find a related training camp thread(hourly, daily, weekly, etc…), and post there. 

I don’t see the need for the structure, when most will ignore it, and the mods don’t have the time to merge/delete/lock threads/posts that don’t conform to said structure. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.