Training Camp reports - what is the best way?

YoloinOhio

Excited to have fans back at camp this year and hopefully we will have some TBD posters there. It’s been a couple years but I’m trying to remember, I think anyone who watched camp live and was willing to do a write-up on their observations, got their own thread. Is that still what we should do so those don’t get buried in the practice threads?

as far as compiling tweets, practice videos, media analysis, etc do we want one thread for each practice? Or one per week? 

Can’t wait!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Like most of us, I eat up all the information in preseason that I can. I like the idea of one thread per practice day.

Totally agree - kind of like game day or the draft - pre-make a thread that opens for each day and have all of the relevant tweets and talk go in there.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Totally agree - kind of like game day or the draft - pre-make a thread that opens for each day and have all of the relevant tweets and talk go in there.

I think a mod has to do that, and would be fine if they did. If not, anyone can create the TC thread of the day and we will all just add to it

I think one ‘combined thread’ per practice for actual attendees, with the title including date

It would make it easier for them to compare notes, reach a consensus and detail players’ progress during camp.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, hemma said:

I think one ‘combined thread’ per practice for actual attendees, with the title including date

It would make it easier for them to compare notes, reach a consensus and detail players’ progress during camp.

This is a good idea 

• Agree 4

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Excited to have fans back at camp this year and hopefully we will have some TBD posters there. It’s been a couple years but I’m trying to remember, I think anyone who watched camp live and was willing to do a write-up on their observations, got their own thread. Is that still what we should do so those don’t get buried in the practice threads?

as far as compiling tweets, practice videos, media analysis, etc do we want one thread for each practice? Or one per week? 

Can’t wait!

It’s a Lampalooza with a serious case of ADHD here at TBD Yolo. You know that. 

everyone will have their take and want to be seen immediately.  
( let alone STAY on topic. 😝 )

I per day - don’t pin the thread 

1 weekly thread gets pinned 

Look at the how the weekly game threads flow 

the topic title is for the upcoming game, yet in the first 3 days it’s all about Post Game remarks. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

37 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

It’s a Lampalooza with a serious case of ADHD here at TBD Yolo. You know that. 

everyone will have their take and want to be seen immediately.  
( let alone STAY on topic. 😝 )

I per day - don’t pin the thread 

1 weekly thread gets pinned 

Look at the how the weekly game threads flow 

the topic title is for the upcoming game, yet in the first 3 days it’s all about Post Game remarks. 

Ok so you are thinking:

-one pinned weekly TC thread for general TC related stuff but not actual practice reports (we can probably start this now, since a lot of guys are already there). This can include pressers with the coaches, players etc (?)

- one unpinned thread for each practice to capture reports and videos, observations from media, etc

- one unpinned thread for each practice where posters who are there can post their notes and observations 

Sound about right? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok so you are thinking:

-one pinned weekly TC thread for general TC related stuff but not actual practice reports (we can probably start this now, since a lot of guys are already there). This can include pressers with the coaches, players etc (?)

- one unpinned thread for each practice to capture reports and videos, observations from media, etc

- one unpinned thread for each practice where posters who are there can post their notes and observations 

Sound about right? 

I would nominate you for the first two categories. You always seem to put those threads together nicely. If everyone would just wait for you to start each daily TC thread, we could add to it. Otherwise, the mods will have to put together 5 or 6 threads when guys race to start them at 1am, 3am, etc. 

All in favor of having Yolo start the daily media and weekly TC threads?

• Like (+1) 2

I prefer videos.  If you could please don your best banana hammock, lay on a bear skin rug in front of a fireplace, maybe drink some cognac while making A LOT of eye contact. 

That would be great 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.