Browns sign Rosen!?!?

Buffalo Boy

10 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Ive read this a lot about this player specifically on these boards and it really confuses me. Why this player? A pompous, arrogant, silver-spoon fed brat. What is it about him specifically that makes you hope he figures it out? I really am curious. 

others - feel free to chime in bc i know I’ve read this sentiment numerous times in this forum. 

I go back & forth with Rosen.  Sometimes I laugh at him thinking what a gigantic bust he is, then other times I read articles like the on linked below & somehow hope that he can turn things around.  It's tough to hate on the guy after reading this link, but then I watch him play & realize that whatever work he's put in, it just isn't working & it's time for him to get a real job.  Part of the reason I feel sorry for the guy is when I was his age I was unemployed after being fired from the job I planned to make my career.  It was tough, unlike Rosen I had nowhere to go & ended up literally living in my parents basement.  It took 16 months for me to turn things around and eventually get my career back on track, so I can sympathize with Rosen's situation a little more than most.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32706881/josh-rosen-finds-peace-perspective-atlanta-mentor-rich-gannon

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The guy has a pretty anti-Trump sentiment. I have to imagine that’s what has him in some peoples good graces. Not to get all political or anything…

I have strong political opinions.  Here's how my politic ideas roll in football...

If a player is in a Bills uniform: I like him and wish him success.

If a guy plays for some other team and he seems to be a good human being: I still wish him success in any game that isn't against the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

The big issue for Rosen is his experience the last 2 years is just... none.  26 snaps in the last 2 years.  

There's probably still talent there, but his last film out there was 3 years ago and it was bad.  So the problem is very likely between the ears, and he'll likely never figure that part of it out.  

The worst part is the last time he played he came in late in a blowout vs NE & threw an INT and then got benched for the 3rd string QB.  

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Back then I wanted the Bills to draft Rosen. Shows how smart I am. Thankfully Beane knows what he is doing and doesn't listen to "experts" like me.

Lol. Allen was my no 1 and Rosen my no 2. 

Had Allen gone to the Browns or Jets "expert" Beane would have taken one of the other QBs. Beane was bold trading up to get Allen but he was taking one of those QBs in the first round no matter what happened earlier in the first round.

Just now, BarleyNY said:

By actually putting an offense around Tua (though that OL still has holes) the Dolphins are seeing what they have in him before they are due to make a decision on whether or not to pay him.  I can’t argue with that.

Wouldn't surprise me if Teddy Bridgewater is the starter at some point in their season. 

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The Browns QB journey is pretty incredible

In 2017 they took Myles Garrett number one after passing on Mahomes and Watson. Then traded back with HOUSTON from 12 to 25 for jabrill peppers and what would eventually be the 4th overall pick in the 2018 draft. 

Then they passed on Josh Allen to draft Baker Mayfield. Then 4 years later, they traded three 1s, a 3 and 4 to

get Watson and gave him the largest guarantee contract ever to trade mayfield to the Panthers for a 5. Then when Watson will likely be suspended, they sign Rosen who they also passed on to draft Baker 

it really is a master class in wasting assets to end up with Someone you could have had 5 years ago

Stupid, yes.

But really: when it comes to QBs, the Bills got lucky after years of being similarly stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

I am basing it on performance not injury. 

That would not be surprising either, but it’s not a slam dunk.  The Phish put a fragile QB behind a trash OL for two seasons. He looked like crap and got injured a lot. No surprise there. This will be the first time in the NFL that he has a decent shot to show what he can do. While there are valid questions about his arm strength and durability, he is a quality runner and an accurate mid to intermediate passer.  He could wind up a lot like Kyler Murray - a middle of the pack QB who gets paid.  I’m hoping for that as it would put the Phish in purgatory. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

That would not be surprising either, but it’s not a slam dunk.  The Phish put a fragile QB behind a trash OL for two seasons. He looked like crap and got injured a lot. No surprise there. This will be the first time in the NFL that he has a decent shot to show what he can do. While there are valid questions about his arm strength and durability, he is a quality runner and an accurate mid to intermediate passer.  He could wind up a lot like Kyler Murray - a middle of the pack QB who gets paid.  I’m hoping for that as it would put the Phish in purgatory. 

Agree 100% on this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.