Browns sign Rosen!?!?

Buffalo Boy

Rosen has always had poor pocket mobility and awareness going back to his UCLA days.  Nice clean pocket and he's great, throws a beautiful ball, etc.  But get a little pressure in his face and he becomes a turnover machine.  He's never improved a bit in that regard and it's why he's (almost) washed out of the league.

Let's be honest, much like Brady and NE, Allen most likely would have flamed out hard had he not landed in Buffalo.  He needed the right team to groom him and bring him along.  I can't see him succeeding if, say, the Browns or Jets nabbed him.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Me too.

His ceiling looks to be a career backup.

Not a bad gig.  Carry a clipboard around and retire a multi millionaire.

Like that Barkley fellow.

He's got a ways to go before he reaches the level of career backup.  His current status is training camp fodder and practice squad QB.

36 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Let's be honest, much like Brady and NE, Allen most likely would have flamed out hard had he not landed in Buffalo.  He needed the right team to groom him and bring him along.  I can't see him succeeding if, say, the Browns or Jets nabbed him.

QBs make coaches, not the other way around like you believe.  Josh would have succeeded anywhere and his coaches would have ridden on his coattails, just like most of the successful coaches who suddenly turned into genuises when the franchise QB arrived.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Remember when he said the teams that took other QBs ahead of him would be sorry they passed on him?!

Bwahahahaha!

He's gonna end up playing for all those teams that passed on him. 

Then they can be sorry 😆 

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I go back & forth with Rosen.  Sometimes I laugh at him thinking what a gigantic bust he is, then other times I read articles like the on linked below & somehow hope that he can turn things around.  It's tough to hate on the guy after reading this link, but then I watch him play & realize that whatever work he's put in, it just isn't working & it's time for him to get a real job.  Part of the reason I feel sorry for the guy is when I was his age I was unemployed after being fired from the job I planned to make my career.  It was tough, unlike Rosen I had nowhere to go & ended up literally living in my parents basement.  It took 16 months for me to turn things around and eventually get my career back on track, so I can sympathize with Rosen's situation a little more than most.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32706881/josh-rosen-finds-peace-perspective-atlanta-mentor-rich-gannon

Rich Gannon is a good mentor for him who was supposed to be great in NFL, wasn't, and then worked hard to make himself to be a pro.

And he learned from Ryan.

Rosen, like most quarterbacks, has his own intricacies to what he does, but for over a half-season now, he has been able to mimic what he has seen. Ryan said Rosen asks a lot of questions, trying to learn.

"He's a big writing guy," Rosen said. "He likes writing calls over and over again as a way to get it in his head, and I like that technique a lot, too. So every morning you come in and you write out the calls and you say it to yourself and quiz yourself and you write it again and again and again.

"And it just burns it into your subconscious so you don't even have to think about it on game day."

It is same method I used to use in teaching.  Instructed students to read it, write it, say it and type it for each iteration uses a different path in the brain which makes it more likely you will remember it.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The guy has a pretty anti-Trump sentiment. I have to imagine that’s what has him in some peoples good graces. Not to get all political or anything…

You just did...

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wow, Josh Allen is on the hot seat. This might blow up in the bills face after all!

and I fully admit, I loved Rosen in the draft. Thought he had A Rodgers type throws. Clearly, the Bills are geniuses but Rosen was never really give a great shot to succeed though. I hate young qbs who get destroyed by bad franchises.

but I’ve never been happier to be so wrong. 

All those teams and he never got a shot?  Three head coaches coach and threes OC's all missed something in him?   The Cards are doing ok with Murray, what made them quit on Rosen?  The Dolphins are sticking with Tua and putting better weapons around him.  At Atlanta, Rosen had Ryan to learn from, that was an opportunity to learn and take over.   Maybe it's Rosen that is the problem and not the franchises he played for?  

I will be surprised if Rosen does anything significant for Cleveland.  The Browns do have a running game, they should maximize that and let Rosen manage the game and minimize mistakes.  

Not sure why the “?!?!” surprise here. Browns have no idea how long Watson is going to be unavailable and Brissett, while he impressed a bit early on, has been inconsistent at best recently. They need some sort of experience to back him up. It was Rosen or McCarron, who’s arguably just as bad as Rosen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.