Browns sign Rosen!?!?

Buffalo Boy

I mean, the Browns can just keep the 2018 round robin draft class parade going and prolly get Darnold to come on up for a bag of Cheetos? Thereby letting Rosen have another crack at proving all the teams wrong that took anyone ahead of him…hey, it might distract from the fact they brought in Pervy McPerverson to sit on the bench for awhile! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yeh know you might be on to something there. As this kid in real life is just another case of having all the “arm talent” in the world but simply can’t play or read a defense at an NFL level to save his life.
 As there’s about 10 guys off the top of my head in his class the last decade or so. His politics lineup perfectly with theirs. 

I'm not fully convinced about the bolded.

Rob Johnson had all the arm talent in the world. So did Ryan Leaf and Jeff George. Rosen's arm ranges from OK to good imo. He is a skinny, weak, rich boy by NFL standards who will never be tough or talented enough to play in the NFL. I don't however blame him for ripping off the Browns. Why shouldn't he join the crowd? 

I've told this story before.

Leading up to the 2018 draft I was interested in him for the Bills. 

I have a best friend who is always all over draft stuff, just very knowledgeable and he never had Rosen on his list of QBs.  He would stop after listing 4 and never bring him up. Considering my friend is also more liberally minded I thought he would like the idea of Rosen.

I asked him, "Why don't you have Rosen on any of your lists?"

Answer...I know people who know him and he is a d**k.  Just a real jerk that would be a cancer to the team.  All the rehabilitation his teammates, coach and school are doing with him leading up to the the draft is a joke. He is simply terrible to be around and not a leader of men.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

I honestly hope he figures it out and turns his career around.

I know i thought when he was coming out i was on his side as being the Bills pick due to what the so called "Experts" were saying about him playing in a pro style offense  & the guy had great numbers in college which made every one think he would be a great NFL QB. 

Boy couldn't get much more wrong about a player transferring his talents from college to the pro level ! I don't get it really one would think that at some point that switch would turn on although i can understand to a point that what happened in his first couple years i the league could really rattle someone .

It would at the very least be nice to see him turn into a competent back up but his stats with the falcons were 2 of 11 with 2 int's that's not saying a lot he is a incase of emergency break the glass QB because no one is expecting him to come in & put it to a opponent that's for sure !! 

And being the Browns it fits ...

The Browns QB journey is pretty incredible

In 2017 they took Myles Garrett number one after passing on Mahomes and Watson. Then traded back with HOUSTON from 12 to 25 for jabrill peppers and what would eventually be the 4th overall pick in the 2018 draft. 

Then they passed on Josh Allen to draft Baker Mayfield. Then 4 years later, they traded three 1s, a 3 and 4 to

get Watson and gave him the largest guarantee contract ever to trade mayfield to the Panthers for a 5. Then when Watson will likely be suspended, they sign Rosen who they also passed on to draft Baker 

it really is a master class in wasting assets to end up with Someone you could have had 5 years ago

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

No ill will towards Rosen.   I actually hope he makes the team as a back-up. 

Remember when he said the teams that took other QBs ahead of him would be sorry they passed on him?!

Bwahahahaha!

Browns: "We're sorry, Mr. Rosen.  We should have taken you in '18!"

Rosen: "Well, CFL pays you in Monopoly money, and Canada makes you get a part time job off season!" 🤨

Duke Williams: "Amen, bro!"

Just now, stuvian said:

considering how little he's played, Rosen is amassing a nice jersey collection

Helps at the garage sales.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The Browns QB journey is pretty incredible

In 2017 they took Myles Garrett number one after passing on Mahomes and Watson. Then traded back with HOUSTON from 12 to 25 for jabrill peppers and what would eventually be the 4th overall pick in the 2018 draft. 

Then they passed on Josh Allen to draft Baker Mayfield. Then 4 years later, they traded three 1s, a 3 and 4 to

get Watson and gave him the largest guarantee contract ever to trade mayfield to the Panthers for a 5. Then when Watson will likely be suspended, they sign Rosen who they also passed on to draft Baker 

it really is a master class in wasting assets to end up with Someone you could have had 5 years ago

Glass houses...Rob Johnson, JP Losman, EJ, Edwards, Peterman ...I want to puke just thinking about thus list

I still don't understand why they just didn't keep Baker. Why spend all that money on Watson. Is he really that special? I never thought so. Baker played hurt much if last season.  Dumb moves but Bills fans have no room to criticize bad QB decisions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Glass houses...Rob Johnson, JP Losman, EJ, Edwards, Peterman ...I want to puke just thinking about thus list

I still don't understand why they just didn't keep Baker. Why spend all that money on Watson. Is he really that special? I never thought so. Baker played hurt much if last season.  Dumb moves but Bills fans have no room to criticize bad QB decisions. 

Yes we do: It’s called the Beane Allen room.

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Back then I wanted the Bills to draft Rosen. Shows how smart I am. Thankfully Beane knows what he is doing and doesn't listen to "experts" like me.

Edited by Greg S

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.