Buffalo Bills: Embedded - Coming Together - off season exclusives with Josh allen, Von Miller and more

The Wiz

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

Von comes off as the guy who wants to learn everyone’s name and nickname so I get him being annoyed by given two options. I understand Edmunds wanting to tell him both monikers he goes by as well. He didn’t want it to be weird if Von heard people calling him something else. Either way I get your point and I felt Von also wanted the young man to make a decision cause Tremaine sounded wishy washy. I also thought it was a weird exchange to include in editing but no big deal in the grand scheme.

Definitely no big deal, but it was weird.   Maine didn't like being put on the spot and didn't know how to handle it.  From the outside, it was pretty obvious that Von was just trying to figure out what to call everyone, just like he was trying to learn a specialized handshake with someone else.   

I hate to judge the guy on one exchange, but Maine didn't seem to have the personality of a leader in that exchange.   He should be working to welcome Miller, not walking away when the guy is talking to him.  Imagine McKenzie when Miller asks him.   "Well, my momma calls me Isaiah, but you can call me L'il Dirty."  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Josh is a complete dork. I think one of the great things about him is he doesn't fake a macho persona in order to lead or generate respect. He is the kid that plays board games but is just really good at sports and he owns it.

Agree ….. but he’s also the guy you know will have your back , fearlessly, if your in a back alley brawl. He doesn’t have to fake it because he exudes it.

On 7/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, Shaw66 said:

Definitely no big deal, but it was weird.   Maine didn't like being put on the spot and didn't know how to handle it.  From the outside, it was pretty obvious that Von was just trying to figure out what to call everyone, just like he was trying to learn a specialized handshake with someone else.   

I hate to judge the guy on one exchange, but Maine didn't seem to have the personality of a leader in that exchange.   He should be working to welcome Miller, not walking away when the guy is talking to him.  Imagine McKenzie when Miller asks him.   "Well, my momma calls me Isaiah, but you can call me L'il Dirty."  

Funny that I saw it as TE being the "voice" of the D (wearing the green dot helmet) that Von was making him be decisive.

I'm going to hope that one of the "jobs" Von is tasked with this year is to get "Maine" to be decisive.

Maybe that's why it made it through editing?  LOL.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Funny that I saw it as TE being the "voice" of the D (wearing the green dot helmet) that Von was making him be decisive.

I'm going to hope that one of the "jobs" Von is tasked with this year is to get "Maine" to be decisive.

Maybe that's why it made it through editing?  LOL.

I've never lived among a lot of intense competitors like these guys are, and I can't I've ever experienced something like what you describe - a veteran goading a younger guy to stand up.   I don't know if that's what was going on there, but that's an interesting take.  Thanks.

58 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I've never lived among a lot of intense competitors like these guys are, and I can't I've ever experienced something like what you describe - a veteran goading a younger guy to stand up.   I don't know if that's what was going on there, but that's an interesting take.  Thanks.

I was half kidding.  Although getting TE a little more intense is a hope of mine.

Y'all are going to love this one. He said this to Peter King yesterday:

Miller went to the Rams’ Super Bowl ring ceremony last week in California. “So hard to let go of L.A.,” he said. “So hard to let go of Coach McVay, [GM] Les Snead and especially Aaron Donald, man. Every time I think about it, man, I get sad thinking about not playing with them anymore.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/25/nfl-training-camp-tour-peter-king-fmia-bills-raiders/?cid=fmiatw

• Vomit 1

As long as he plays up to his contract I really don't care. If he whines in the media like he's done all off-season about how he misses LA or he chose to take the money, etc and doesn't perform then we have a problem. If he performs then it's something I'm sure the fanbase can put up with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, nucci said:

I don't see anything wrong with his comments. Seems kinda honest to me

Agree.
Same as if you or I took a job position away from friends and family. We’d have made a personal choice to advance a career, but would still miss those cherished people who we can’t get together with on a daily basis. 
I suspect Miller will some time in the future express missing his current colleagues. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just wait until the home opener. Primetime game against a team we need payback from last year's game. The atmosphere will be insane. Von will love it. Probably remind him of his Denver days where the Broncos also have a strong homefield advantage. That was something he didn't have last year in LA.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Y'all are going to love this one. He said this to Peter King yesterday:

Miller went to the Rams’ Super Bowl ring ceremony last week in California. “So hard to let go of L.A.,” he said. “So hard to let go of Coach McVay, [GM] Les Snead and especially Aaron Donald, man. Every time I think about it, man, I get sad thinking about not playing with them anymore.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/25/nfl-training-camp-tour-peter-king-fmia-bills-raiders/?cid=fmiatw

Any player who had the ultimate success playing with one team the year before would have some feelings left on the field for sed team....

I'll judge Von Miller about what he brings to the Bills during this phase of career.

40 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't see anything wrong with his comments. Seems kinda honest to me

To me too, how can one not feel that way after that level of success, it’s just natural to feel that way.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.