Kyler Murray Contract

H2o

Imagine paying that to a QB who can't see the middle of the field?

As well as being an entitled brat who pouts when he doesn't get his way.  He is not a leader of men and his teammates know it.

Thank God for Josh Allen

That’s awesome, now they are stuck with the little putz for years, 😁👍

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

After that playoff performance I would’ve just let him play out his 1 year remaining on his contract. Arizona is probably going to look back on this with regret

They are taking a huge risk on Murray. He's still young and has lots of room for development. His legs are elite no doubt. He is their future so I get the signing. Ideally, waiting out another heard would have been better in many ways. However, Murray clearly would have bern unhappy about that. Perhaps, a distraction of sorts. Perhaps extra motivation. Hard to say. I do like Murray much more than Lamar. 

Per a tweet from CBS sports:

Kyler Murray is set to make $46.1M a year with his new contract extension with the Arizona Cardinals. The Oakland Athletics, the team who took Murray 9th overall in the 2018 MLB draft, have a payroll of $48.5M this season

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, cba fan said:

i would have franchise tagged him for two years. If he does not then pan out by that time, i  let him go as FA and be someone else's dilemma.

I think this makes sense but it does come at some risk. Imho, the Cards weren't really the ones with the power. They really had no plan B. They went all in with Murray. Case in point was the ciachbthey hired. At least they are swinging for the fences sort of speak. Risk and reward. Remember, Allen was a big boom or bust guy when drafted. Most thought he couldn't develop into an accurate QB. So who really knows with Murray. When he's on a roll the guy is hard to stop. With that said, no way no how does he deserves that kind of money. 

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Kyler Murray is set to make $46.1M a year with his new contract extension with the Arizona Cardinals. The Oakland Athletics, the team who took Murray 9th overall in the 2018 MLB draft, have a payroll of $48.5M this season

This just shows that he made a smart decision choosing football over baseball.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

But it's the stadium's fault...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

Not sure why you hate this part. Owners are raking in a ton of $ and there is a cap. The owners are fine.

Yeah, let the rich, white,old Billionaires keep raking in the $.

The players that put their lives on the line be damned.

i think he is referencing competitiveness, not dollars spent.

Let's be blunt here:

No one deserves to make that kind of money for just being talented at a sport.

NFL,MLB, etc.

Yes yes I know the argument of how much they make the team and similar, but I will always have this thinking.

But that is just the way it is and good for those who can get it.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I wonder why the Ravens haven't signed him yet? It's only going to cost them more the longer they wait.

Not really.  What if both Murray and Jackson have rough seasons?  Ravens won't need to pay a premium for that.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Doesn’t work that easy because the team needs him to play.

They needed him to play in the playoff game but we see how that turned out. 

He is exciting, that's all I can say. Winning QB? Questionable. 

Not sure I'd let an average QB who makes some nice plays hold me hostage. But hey, I don't run a team either, so there is that.

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Amazingly there were people that thought we paid Josh Allen too early. Thank God we got his deal done when we did.

There are people who still think we should have taken Patrick Mahomes. They will never be satisfied.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.