Kyler Murray Contract

H2o

3 hours ago, MafiaMio said:

Josh's deal is a steal, and he can actually win playoff games

it's not a steal. We'd paid market value and we will again when he get's a new deal in 3 years. Contracts increase every year so more will sign bigger deals then Allen's. 

• Like (+1) 1

NFL is about to get as much as 3 billion a year (up from 2 billion) from whatever streaming product Sunday Ticket becomes.   This contract will be a bargain too in 3 years, if the Cards could get a better QB they would but Murray's the best QB available to them.   

idc what Murray makes, it hardly changes what's in MY pocket and that's the one I care about.

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

How does he have Arizona by the balls anymore than Jackson has the Ravens though?

It's a very similar situation.  Both QBs are going to cash in.  It's just the way of the NFL.  

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, you are right.  He had AZ by the balls.  I hate this part of the business side of football.  

Yeah, football was soooooo much better when players had to work other jobs during the off-season to make ends meet.

It's the players who put their bodies and futures on the line to make the bucks for the billionaire team owners.  Nobody is going to pay money to see Jerry Jones sit in his box and smirk or scowl, and ol'  Jerry and his fellow owners aren't going to share the riches they make off the players' efforts unless they're forced to it.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Yeah, football was soooooo much better when players had to work other jobs during the off-season to make ends meet.

It's the players who put their bodies and futures on the line to make the bucks for the billionaire team owners.  Nobody is going to pay money to see Jerry Jones sit in his box and smirk or scowl, and ol'  Jerry and his fellow owners aren't going to share the riches they make off the players' efforts unless they're forced to it.

Don’t tell this to CBS. Can’t go a game without seeing Ol Bob Kraft. 

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

I don't begrudge the players for getting what they can, when they can get it.

I just think it stinks that teams are forced to pay ridiculous amounts of money to their QBs, making it difficult to build around them.  And even if they can manage to build around them, they will still be faced with tough decisions/incapable of having any kind of continuity across the board.

6 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Don’t tell this to CBS. Can’t go a game without seeing Ol Bob Kraft. 

Now that the Pats are declining I think CBS showing Kraft in his luxury box will stop. Now they will show Terry and Kim sitting in theirs. Hopefully she is healthy enough to attend games this year. 

16 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Functional organizations don't operate that way.

So like the Ravens who most would consider one of the best organizations in the league aren't functional?  This season is Lamar Jacksons 5th year option.

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

In theory they could. But he wouldn't have played. He made that clear. Franchise QBs have the power now.

He would have played or he would have missed out on a lot of money by not doing so.  There are plenty of fringe QBs in the league that could get them by or they could lose with a crap QB and draft high in the next class.  I think they are dumb for signing him to that contract this season.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He would have played or he would have missed out on a lot of money by not doing so.  There are plenty of fringe QBs in the league that could get them by or they could lose with a crap QB and draft high in the next class.  I think they are dumb for signing him to that contract this season.

No there are not. And sure, they could try and tank. But based on the fact they went 1 for 2 on first round QBs last time they needed one and the time before that they drafted Matt Leinart the idea that it is any kind of gurantee to get anything as good as Murray is for the birds. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.