Kyler Murray Contract

H2o

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What exactly were they supposed to do? Let him go? Trade him?

Certainly not pay him with two more years on his rookie contract, especially after one of the worst QB performances in playoff history last year against the Rams.  He certainly needs to prove himself before getting the big money.  And he is a ***** leader on that team.  But that's the Cardinals.  Cliff KIngsbury and Kyler Murray.  Not gonna win a lot of playoff games w that pair.

• Agree 1

I’m glad he openly petitioned his fan base discussing his achievements an accolades to the masses as a means to create pressure to get this done. Flop city, that last playoff game told you everything you will ever need to know about him. 

Bet on him the first 8 games, fade the back. 

Edited by KzooMike

4 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

They needed him to play in the playoff game but we see how that turned out. 

He is exciting, that's all I can say. Winning QB? Questionable. 

Not sure I'd let an average QB who makes some nice plays hold me hostage. But hey, I don't run a team either, so there is that.

General Managers have the mandate to put together a team to not only win the Lombardi but also bring entertainment to the fans...They got to put butts on the seats and the PSL etc.  There is that!

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I tend to agree. As the talent around him shrinks a bit to account for his raise I think Arizona will go south relatively quickly 

Doesn't the same apply to the Bills ? 

10 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Murray making more than Mahommes is a crime against humanity.  

and.  

somewhere in the offices of the Ravens was heard a loud WTF.  

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

My reaction exactly.  The NFC obviously isn’t as loaded as the AFC right now—and it will probably still be that way when Rodgers and Brady move on—so maybe Arizona wins the conference at some point.  But I don’t see this guy as someone who is going to lead his team to a Super Bowl.  

To me it's an interesting case study of if an introverted quarterback can lead a team to a title.  A truly great QB elevates the players around him.  I had the same question about Andrew Luck and it's still why I'm not sold on Justin Herbert.  Eli Manning won two titles but still only put up 17 and 21 in those games as their defense was the difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

Murray does not have the fortitude or the will to pull his team up when things go wrong. Once the Cards start spiraling out of control Murray will not pull them back together. It will lead to finger pointing and coaches being fired. I believe Murray could be poison for coaching staffs. In the past when they lost multiple games in a row Murray never shouldered the blame. Check how Josh reacts to a loss vs. Murray. Worlds apart.

12 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Lamar is now going to have to get more than Kyler. Burrow and Herbert more than Lamar. So on and so forth. 

I'm seriously doubting the Ravens have any kind of plans to offer a contract extension to Lamar. I mean he is entering YEAR FIVE now. Pretty much every single QB has been paid after their third season now. If the Ravens haven't caved in by now what is going to make them do so now? I feel like Lamar is either going to:

A. play exceptionally well this year and the Ravens back up the Brinks truck

B. Have a similar year as last year and they franchise tag him

C. Get injured/play worst than last year and let him walk

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, you are right.  He had AZ by the balls.  I hate this part of the business side of football.  

How does he have Arizona by the balls anymore than Jackson has the Ravens though?

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Doesn’t work that easy because the team needs him to play.

It's extremely rare for a QB to sit out. I can only think of one instance in the history of the NFL of a QB sitting out (Carson Palmer) who also was not attached to 20+ sexual assault allegations (Watson). In Watson's case we'll never really know if he would have actually missed games over his being disgruntled. So in the end, I think the smart move for an organization is to call the QB's bluff. I'm still shocked the Seahawks opted to keep Pete Carroll over Russell Wilson.

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The best thing  about Josh's contract was that it was 6 years tacked onto the end of his rookie contract.   Allen got paid the going rate for a franchise QB on his deal, the Bills didn't get a discount on that, where he was team friendly was in the length of the contract.  Six years was huge for the Bills. 

I just wish it was 10 years like the Mahomes deal.

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

General Managers have the mandate to put together a team to not only win the Lombardi but also bring entertainment to the fans...They got to put butts on the seats and the PSL etc.  There is that!

Doesn't the same apply to the Bills ? 

no, because I believe josh is good enough to rise to the task and I believe Murray is not the elite of the elite 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.