Kyler Murray Contract

H2o

Murray will be playing baseball before the end of this contract. Cardinals will be paying him to go away which will give him the freedom to switch sports. After Rodgers the top contracts could end up being Lamar, Murray, Watson lol yuck

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Dear Gawd, in WHAT universe should Murray and Watson be paid more than Allen? I mean, all I can say is good on Beane for getting the deal done before teams started blowing money on those two!

Yep! Someone on the Nfl network made the point that it may not even matter where you rank as A Qb compared to the others, it’s just about the next contract being bigger than the last. 

• Agree 1

It is the market. You have to have a Quarterback. This is how much they cost. We know there is a market inefficiency in that the market does not recognise the difference between the good and the great. That is to the advantage of teams like KC and Buffalo who have a great one. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

i get he lost the plot a little bit, but he's young and high strung so i wouldn't be too worried about that.  I think his biggest issue is he runs a lot and has to hold the ball sometimes because he's boxed in and can't see over his lineman, and that's going to get him hurt and he's small.  him being unable to play while being hurt is going to mess his team up more than immaturity.

lamar jackson is a much more interesting situation, because lamar has a great attitude and has played at a very high level, but he lacks traditional qb skills (much more so than murray or cam newton who were mentioned in this thread).  without a very particular team built around him, lamar doesn't impact the game as well, but without a talent like lamar, a ravens built team doesn't win as much (unless it is a rogers or allen type star who can just transcend).  the ravens are simply going to have to pay him, but he'd be bid much less away than murray watson, rogers, or allen would be.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The alternative is don't have a Quarterback. That is even bolder.

Yeah, I understand the argument.

The Cardinals were kind of stuck and had to make this decision.  So much of what I saw from Murray last season was just chucking it up and letting Hopkins be Hopkins.

It's gonna be interesting to see him without Hopkins and Kirk. 

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Josh’s deal looks better and better every day 

The best thing  about Josh's contract was that it was 6 years tacked onto the end of his rookie contract.   Allen got paid the going rate for a franchise QB on his deal, the Bills didn't get a discount on that, where he was team friendly was in the length of the contract.  Six years was huge for the Bills. 

First Qb to 70 passing, 20 rushing TDs in 1st 3 years.  17 games of 70% completion or more.  Second player ever with over 10000 yards passing and 1500 rushing in 3 years. 

He is what he is.  Probably paid tooo much, but little choice.

The real problem with the Cards is that their HC is a bum.  His teams collapse in the second half of the season--it's his trademark.  He's a lightweight.

The thing about Kyler and the Cardinals is that the Cardinals seem to really think Kyler is worth that kind of money.  They remember a couple of his excellent plays (which almost all QBs have, sooner or later) and forget about all the mediocre-to-bad plays he keeps making.

21 minutes ago, Greg S said:

200.gif

Instead of the little dots showing up on his sunglasses, there should be dollar signs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Thought the same as soon as I saw this......wouldn't want to be a Baltimore fan right now!!!

I wonder why the Ravens haven't signed him yet? It's only going to cost them more the longer they wait.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.