Kyler Murray Contract

H2o

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He’s not going to win anything.

My reaction exactly.  The NFC obviously isn’t as loaded as the AFC right now—and it will probably still be that way when Rodgers and Brady move on—so maybe Arizona wins the conference at some point.  But I don’t see this guy as someone who is going to lead his team to a Super Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 2

I mean, they didn’t have a lot of choice here.  I don’t think he is worth that much simply because I feel he lacks the leadership intangibles I would want for this kind of financial commitment.  But the market is what the market is.

That being said, the talent is there, so AZ didn’t have much choice here other than to pay market for a young talented QB and just have to hope he matures as a player and a leader.  

Josh Allen deal is going to be a steal for most of his career.  

• Like (+1) 4

This just makes me love Josh and Beane more.

Josh never mentioned his contract, never missed a practice, never made a disgruntled wind.  Beane, knew contracts were going to take off, and made a point to get it done early.

Kyler through a temper tantrum the moment the season ended, can't finish a season or win a playoff game, and demanded an extension only 3 years in. 

Same results, very different situations.  I love our guys

Side note:

Lamar Jackson must be licking his chops

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, you are right.  He had AZ by the balls.  I hate this part of the business side of football.  

he's a mediocre QB.  AZ should have tried to land Mayfield and flipped Murray to another team.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This just makes me love Josh and Beane more.

Josh never mentioned his contract, never missed a practice, never made a disgruntled wind.  Beane, knew contracts were going to take off, and made a point to get it done early.

Kyler through a temper tantrum the moment the season ended, can't finish a season or win a playoff game, and demanded an extension only 3 years in. 

Same results, very different situations.  I love our guys

The only time he's ever made comments about it (that weren't pressers AFAIK) was when he did the bussin' with the boys. 

And even then he was candid about what was going on. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is a bad situation all around.  The Cardinals had to pay him and really had no choice.  He's their starting QB, was drafted first overall, has had some success with the team, and there was no Option B.  That said, I think the Cardinals franchise will be hamstrung by this deal for years to come.  Murray is a talented kid, but he's undersized and lacks leadership skills.  He is talented enough to lead them to a winning record and maybe make the playoffs from time to time, but he's not the guy who is going to put a team on his back and get to the Super Bowl.  He is also the type of guy who could lead the team into an implosion if things don't go his way.

I am so very thankful that the Bills have a guy like Allen, who is the anti-Murray.  He has all the size and then some, and all the leadship skills and then some.  And Allen's contract is much better for his team and will ultimately give the team more flexibility to spend on other pieces around Allen to help the team be successful.  Great job by Beane to get Allen signed when he did and how he did.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

he's a mediocre QB.  AZ should have tried to land Mayfield and flipped Murray to another team.  

I'm not sure there's a heck of a lot of difference between Mayfield and Murray.  A healthy Jimmy G., is better than both of them, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

This is a bad situation all around.  The Cardinals had to pay him and really had no choice.  He's their starting QB, was drafted first overall, has had some success with the team, and there was no Option B.  That said, I think the Cardinals franchise will be hamstrung by this deal for years to come.  Murray is a talented kid, but he's undersized and lacks leadership skills.  He is talented enough to lead them to a winning record and maybe make the playoffs from time to time, but he's not the guy who is going to put a team on his back and get to the Super Bowl.  He is also the type of guy who could lead the team into an implosion if things don't go his way.

I am so very thankful that the Bills have a guy like Allen, who is the anti-Murray.  He has all the size and then some, and all the leadship skills and then some.  And Allen's contract is much better for his team and will ultimately give the team more flexibility to spend on other pieces around Allen to help the team be successful.  Great job by Beane to get Allen signed when he did and how he did.

welcome to OVERPRICED QB purgatory AZ!

• Agree 2

Just now, Gugny said:

I'm not sure there's a heck of a lot of difference between Mayfield and Murray.  A healthy Jimmy G., is better than both of them, IMO.

I was about to mention Jimmy G.  Mayfield I'd take because he costs less.  Get Jimmy G and he's going to cost less than both, and you can get help around him.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.