Fansided Dawson Knox article - vision training and learning to catch balls from Josh

CorkScrewHill

23 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah he’s fully capable of a bigger season, maybe even a big season if he was in position to get a nice target share.  But with Diggs, Davis, and Crowder along with Cook, Howard and McKenzie seeing some targets to go along with a run game we likely implement more, I just don’t see him getting enough targets to be anything more than a 500-600 yard season, if that.  

Now if someone gets hurt, or maybe Dorsey is allergic to running like Daboll was for 3/4 of the season, then it certainly raises his target potential and what his ceiling will be.

So I would much rather wrap him up sooner rather than later to be safe.  

It’ll be interesting to see how Dorsey uses all of the weapons. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he utilizes TEs in his game plans a lot more than Daboll. Dorsey certainly benefited from throwing to Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow in college… not to mention handing off to Gore, Portis, and McGahee. Football has certainly changed in the last 20 years, but there might be some interesting things that carry over from his playing experience. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

It’ll be interesting to see how Dorsey uses all of the weapons. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he utilizes TEs in his game plans a lot more than Daboll. Dorsey certainly benefited from throwing to Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow in college… not to mention handing off to Gore, Portis, and McGahee. Football has certainly changed in the last 20 years, but there might be some interesting things that carry over from his playing experience. 

Thats an interesting thought on it, honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he did.  

On 7/21/2022 at 12:46 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Team culture matters. 

Winning is fun and leads to players enjoying the game.........and wanting more of that winning feeling.......and subsequently they have added motivation to do the things to assure that they can.

It has a snowball effect.

I remember making this point to his haters when Aaron Schobel shockingly walked away from the NFL...........people couldn't understand how he could walk away in his prime with all that money on the table.......but a symptom of being a franchise that accepts losing is players not being fully invested in the game......and if they feel trapped,   even lose interest in playing altogether.    

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:54 PM, stevewin said:

The NFL should increase the field length to 120 yards for Josh's stats

After Josh retires from NFL he will go to Canada and play for fun where he has wider fields.

On 7/22/2022 at 12:02 PM, AuntieEm said:

To be honest I really don't think his priority is getting a huge new deal I really think he will sign a team friendly deal.  His developing his skills as a TE will make him a good amount of money over a decent length career.  Being on a team with Josh and his ability to spread the ball around so well can certainly extend a career longer than being the workhorse as the top target on a different team.  Might make more on the deal initially but if it shortens the career was it the better deal? I'd rather be at a well stocked party everyone eating having a good time than having the best steak buffet as others are scavenging for scraps of food that fell on the ground from th buffet.

Evidently Travis Kelce likes to eat off the floor.  Enjoy the Montezuma's Revenge.

On 7/21/2022 at 11:23 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

We also went undefeated the rest of the season and had dominant offensive performances all the way up to the KC heartbreaker once we started running the football consistently.  So I fully expect our run game to be more involved throughout the year.

So as good as I believe Knox is and will be, I’m not seeing a big statistical jump just solely by the amount of weapons we have and my expectation of the run game being more consistently involved throughout the season.  

Excellent points regarding the team's success once we both committed to and established our run game.  I feel like we have great to elite level talent in our WR's, and, JMO, adding Crowder to replace Beasley is a significant upgrade.  Plus I fully expect McKenzie to push for more playing time as well considering how he's earned Josh's trust.  

With all that said, I would not be the least bit surprised to see Buffalo display a much more balanced offense this year, which fully supports your statement that Knox's numbers could take a dip this season.  We have a ton of talented mouths to feed, and I have no doubt Josh is ready to spread the wealth.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.