40-year-old Jason Peters interested in joining a playoff team

MPL

I think Quessenberry and Doyle make that not very likely.  Barring injury its Dawkins at LT.  Brown at RT with Quessenberry there for any setbacks.  Quessenberry and Doyle battle for Swing.  Quessenberry may even be the backup for both guard and Tackle injury to Morse Bates moves over and he comes in. 

O Lineman who played past 40:

Jeff Van Note (1986 Falcons)

Bruce Matthews (2001 Titans)

Jackie Slater (1995 Rams)

Ray Brown (2005 Redskins)

40 isn't as old as it used to be if an athlete eats right, trains correctly and stays in shape.

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I think Quessenberry and Doyle make that not very likely.  Barring injury its Dawkins at LT.  Brown at RT with Quessenberry there for any setbacks.  Quessenberry and Doyle battle for Swing.  Quessenberry may even be the backup for both guard and Tackle injury to Morse Bates moves over and he comes in. 

Quessenberry gave up the most sacks of any tackle in the entire NFL last year..........a stat that will earn you the one-year very low pay kinda' deal he got in Buffalo.

I am a Spencer Brown fan but he really struggled in pass pro.   He was bad.

So if Dawkins gets injured or gets Covid again they don't really have a swing tackle that has proven he can pass block a lick.

One issue with swapping out Daryl Williams in exchange for Rodger Saffold is that Williams had a times in his career been a very good pass blocker.   An All Pro one season in Carolina at tackle and excellent in 2020 for the Bills.   He's still out there too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'd take him over Cody Ford if he played Guard.

i'd rather sign Richie Incognito with a contract without Jim Overdorf's fingerprints on it.

3rd time is the charm.

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Wasn't he constantly having contract "issues" with the Bills?

I seem to remember feeling happy when we finally traded him.

However, I could be mixing this up with someone else. 

His agent (now negotiating deals for the devil) pushed for long length contract and Bills gave him one and then when his position was changed agent wanted to tear it up and get a new contract or he was going to sit out.

You will get a knife in back from his supporters however.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mij yllek said:

O Lineman who played past 40:

Jeff Van Note (1986 Falcons)

Bruce Matthews (2001 Titans)

Jackie Slater (1995 Rams)

Ray Brown (2005 Redskins)

40 isn't as old as it used to be if an athlete eats right, trains correctly and stays in shape.

Add Andrew Whitworth who started for the Rams last year and only missed 1 game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

I wouldn’t say constantly. JP was our RT and we resigned him to RT money. He played the full year at RT and then we moved him to LT halfway through the next season.  He made the pro bowl and then held out all of training camp the next year. He wanted to be paid LT money, which I don’t really blame him. At that time LTs made about twice what RTs did. He came back for week 1 and then made the pro bowl again and was 2nd team all pro. 

We still wouldn’t pay him but probably burned all bridges at that point so he was traded before the draft. 

Edited by Maybe Someday
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

You and a lot of other wrong people were happy when he was traded.

Russ Brandon abused his power over uniformed fans by refusing to pay him like the top LT that he was and then making the negotiations public to cover his ass.

Nowadays.........if you are a superstar in your mid 20's and your pay gets way below that of similar players........teams just pay the players.

The price of being on the wrong side of history is that Peters is probably the only HOF'er the Bills developed during the entire drought and he did it in Philly.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Is Marshawn Lynch available too?  I know that Terrell Owens is in shape?

Why not go all the way and see what Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson are doing these days?  That way, we can have all of the Jauron-era malcontents back together again?

I hear Ko is worth millions.

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Would this be a bad time to point out that Peters has at least placed decent ball recently regardless of the age?

As we aren’t considering him I’d suggest getting on the joke train John. Read the room.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.