40-year-old Jason Peters interested in joining a playoff team

MPL

Is a 40-year-old Jason Peters worth bringing in?

He was surprisingly solid last year in 15 games for a pretty bad Bears team. We could certainly use some depth on the line, especially with some lingering questions about Spencer Brown's health this past Spring. The story kind of writes itself—Peters returns to the team that made him what he was, gets a ring, and helps make the sour taste he left in our mouths all those years ago a little less sour. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/free-agent-ot-jason-peters-keeping-himself-ready-as-camp-nears-whenever-the-time

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mushypeaches said:

Is Marshawn Lynch available too?  I know that Terrell Owens is in shape?

Why not go all the way and see what Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson are doing these days?  That way, we can have all of the Jauron-era malcontents back together again?

They all come as a package deal with Keith Ellison, but Keith Ellison has to be included. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MPL said:

They all come as a package deal with Keith Ellison, but Keith Ellison has to be included. 

As much as I couldn’t stand Keith Ellison as a player back then, I have to admit, as an undersized linebacker, he’d likely be viewed a bit differently if he played in todays NFL. Was ahead of his time. But man, he frustrated the hell out of me back then. 

• Agree 1

A storybook ending to a hall of fame career.  He comes back to Buffalo, changes positions back to TE, and has a career resurgence.  He goes on to play 5 more years and breaks all of Lee Smiths records for touchdowns and receiving yards en route to winning 4 super bowls.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

As much as I couldn’t stand Keith Ellison as a player back then, I have to admit, as an undersized linebacker, he’d likely be viewed a bit differently if he played in todays NFL. Was ahead of his time. But man, he frustrated the hell out of me back then. 

Actually, I'm pretty sure we just drafted Keith Ellison 2.0 in the 3rd round and I wasn't upset about it in the slightest. How things have changed...  

Keith Ellison: 6'0" 229 lbs. 
Terrel Bernard: 6'1" 224 lbs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Maybe change the title of the post to "40-year old Jason Peters interested in one last-ditch effort at another paycheck"

The team that actually signs him deserves what they get when he half asses and lunch-buffets his way through training camp, makes the active roster, then gets injured and goes on IR in Week 2

• Eyeroll 1

49 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Is Marshawn Lynch available too?  I know that Terrell Owens is in shape?

Why not go all the way and see what Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson are doing these days?  That way, we can have all of the Jauron-era malcontents back together again?

Would this be a bad time to point out that Peters has at least placed decent ball recently regardless of the age?

No. Not even as a depth piece. The perfect depth player is one who has a future, one who could potentially crack a future starting lineup.

A 40 year old player is a dead-ender with no future. It would be a waste of a developmental roster spot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MPL said:

Is a 40-year-old Jason Peters worth bringing in?

He was surprisingly solid last year in 15 games for a pretty bad Bears team. We could certainly use some depth on the line, especially with some lingering questions about Spencer Brown's health this past Spring. The story kind of writes itself—Peters returns to the team that made him what he was, gets a ring, and helps make the sour taste he left in our mouths all those years ago a little less sour. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/free-agent-ot-jason-peters-keeping-himself-ready-as-camp-nears-whenever-the-time

That's nice. He should call the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.