And then "BOOM!" Madden 23 ratings started coming out. (**Friday: QB’s Allen 4th at 92; Bills 2nd at 89**)

dollars 2 donuts

I knew the Bills as a team would still be ranked in the 80s, despite being Super Bowl favorites in nearly every sports book out there. What I didn’t think, was that low rating would be good enough to rank second amongst teams in the league. They’ve got stingy with those ratings. When I played Madden religiously back in 2004/2005, this same Bills team may have ranked 95 overall as a team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

I don’t think they really updated the engine sounds like this year they did but idk just hoping it isn’t broken 

I played both versions last year they were totally different .. they definitely tweaked the engines between them 

even if there is a new one this year 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

What was Allen in 22?

Random internet search says he was an 88.

A 4 point jump to 92 seems fine by me.

Another year of this and a SB he'll be at 96-98 next year.  Whatever.  

The WR rank is stupid.  

Justin Jefferson (93) and Mike Evans (92) being WR 6 and 7 is ridiculous.  They're 2 of the 5 best WRs in the game that can do anything.  

Hopkins is ahead of them at 96.  Sorry but confirmed PED use should knock you.  

Amari Cooper at 10 with a 90 is laughable.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I played both versions last year they were totally different .. they definitely tweaked the engines between them 

even if there is a new one this year 

I see this listed for the newer Xbox versions 

Introducing the FieldSENSE™ Gameplay System in Madden NFL 23 Providing the foundation for consistent, ultra-realistic gameplay, and available on Xbox Series X|S Madden NFL 23’s new FieldSENSE™ Gameplay System equips players with more control at all positions in every mode. FieldSENSE leverages animation branching technology and a suite of new user control mechanics for a seamless gameplay flow with authentic results on every play.

2 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

I see this listed for the newer Xbox versions 

Introducing the FieldSENSE™ Gameplay System in Madden NFL 23 Providing the foundation for consistent, ultra-realistic gameplay, and available on Xbox Series X|S Madden NFL 23’s new FieldSENSE™ Gameplay System equips players with more control at all positions in every mode. FieldSENSE leverages animation branching technology and a suite of new user control mechanics for a seamless gameplay flow with authentic results on every play.

Yeah they have a brand new engine this year But last years next gen had some tweaks the old gen didn’t 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

Would like to see Allen 1-2 points higher, but not too upset. His throw power (99) and speed (89) make him a nightmare regardless. Side note: love he has 90 jump. Edit: Keenum should be higher than 65. 

Our WRs 1-5 have speed. Lowest is 89. Plus TEs at 87 and 86. Diggs, McKenzie, Austin, and Cook all 92. 

O-line is good, but not great. Bates at 71 is too low especially given Ford is at 70. Brown at 68. That right side is rough. 

Elam at 73 and Dane Jackson at 67 are both 1-2 and 3-5 points low respectively. 

Surprised Bass isn’t in the 80s. 

Overall super deep roster and can’t argue with 2nd OVR team in the NFL. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

On 7/21/2022 at 7:52 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

Matt, I forget which Madden (‘04, ‘02?) but with Bledsoe (still rated well…likely 2002) throwing to Moulds, Price and Reed, and Travis out of the backfield and Larry Centers catching balls…man, it was just a mediocre Madden team with a dynamic and productive offense.  You could some games back in the day with the stock team online…which nobody plays with the stock team anymore online…I’m old. 😢

That was the madden team Sammy Watkins played with and said he was a Bills “fan”. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/23/2022 at 2:40 PM, Big Blitz said:

What was Allen in 22?

Random internet search says he was an 88.

A 4 point jump to 92 seems fine by me.

Another year of this and a SB he'll be at 96-98 next year.  Whatever.  

The WR rank is stupid.  

Justin Jefferson (93) and Mike Evans (92) being WR 6 and 7 is ridiculous.  They're 2 of the 5 best WRs in the game that can do anything.  

Hopkins is ahead of them at 96.  Sorry but confirmed PED use should knock you.  

Amari Cooper at 10 with a 90 is laughable.  

20 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Would like to see Allen 1-2 points higher, but not too upset. His throw power (99) and speed (89) make him a nightmare regardless. Side note: love he has 90 jump. Edit: Keenum should be higher than 65. 

Our WRs 1-5 have speed. Lowest is 89. Plus TEs at 87 and 86. Diggs, McKenzie, Austin, and Cook all 92. 

O-line is good, but not great. Bates at 71 is too low especially given Ford is at 70. Brown at 68. That right side is rough. 

Elam at 73 and Dane Jackson at 67 are both 1-2 and 3-5 points low respectively. 

Surprised Bass isn’t in the 80s. 

Overall super deep roster and can’t argue with 2nd OVR team in the NFL. 

It was painful watching a guy who scored 51 TDs in ‘20, 42 passing including the playoffs, start the following Madden season (22) at an 81.  It wasn’t even Bills fans that were upset as it was the Madden public clamoring that he was too low.  I think he was an 85 by the 4th or 5th week.  I thought he may have ended higher than 88, but I’m probably wrong.  After another 50+ td season along with the best playoff rating in history and an almost consensus MVP that he might be a little higher.  When you consider his versatility on the ground it makes has passing rankings look that much worse.

Brady was great last year, but he is team was great, too, and not just because of him.  Father Time is undefeated and I just don’t understand him being the best.

Although EA Tiburon is in Florida, so… 

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah they have a brand new engine this year But last years next gen had some tweaks the old gen didn’t 

I played both versions, too, 716.  Yeah, there were tweaks.

• 3 weeks later...

Bills ranked 2nd overall is actually a LOT of respect. I don't think anyone should complain about Bucs being #1 when neither of our teams even made it to the Conference Championship last year, yet here we are ranked over the Super Bowl winner & runner-up 😅

Who cares if it's "only" an 89 rank overall. It's all relative, and doesn't mean anything unless compared to others. If the top team was rated 60 overall, that still means they're the best rated team in the league. 

So yeah, great for Bills fans who play Madden! Haven't decided if I'll buy it this year if it's basically the same anyway. I might buy in if the PC version is actually significantly updated though.

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Honestly, it's a video game, so I don't really care. Also, I may be old school, but back in my day, only kids played video games and watched cartoons. Sorry!

It’s not like playing levels on duck hunt anymore man. A good game over the last 10 years will have amazing voice actors, great cut scenes, and addicting immersive storylines. People don’t bat an eye when somebody sits down and gets sucked into a good book yet “video games are for kids”. PPSSSHHHHHH, whatever. I’m nearly 40 and i will sit down and be a kid for plenty of hours on a weekend night while my wife rolls her eyes and continues reading her book…

Give some madden. You can keep the crossword puzzles in the Sunday paper. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s not like playing levels on duck hunt anymore man. A good game over the last 10 years will have amazing voice actors, great cut scenes, and addicting immersive storylines. People don’t bat an eye when somebody sits down and gets sucked into a good book yet “video games are for kids”. PPSSSHHHHHH, whatever. I’m nearly 40 and i will sit down and be a kid for plenty of hours on a weekend night while my wife rolls her eyes and continues reading her book…

Give some madden. You can keep the crossword puzzles in the Sunday paper. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't begrudge. You make a convincing argument. I guess I am too used to the days of Space Invaders for Atari 2600, lol. I did have fun as a kid playing those. Maybe I will try one, someday, if I have the time. (But I'd rather watch YouTube highlights from the Bills upcoming Super Bowl win!)

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo ill said:

I don't really understand why people would buy more than one madden game per console generation.

Depends on why you buy the game in the first place. 

Myself, I would agree I wouldn't need more than one version because I don't play online.   Others likely but it for the online pvp so they need the same version as everyone else. 

On 7/23/2022 at 2:48 AM, JayBaller10 said:

I knew the Bills as a team would still be ranked in the 80s, despite being Super Bowl favorites in nearly every sports book out there. What I didn’t think, was that low rating would be good enough to rank second amongst teams in the league. They’ve got stingy with those ratings. When I played Madden religiously back in 2004/2005, this same Bills team may have ranked 95 overall as a team.

Sucks that you wasted your time playing madden in 2004/2005

2K/espn was superior in every way. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.