And then "BOOM!" Madden 23 ratings started coming out. (**Friday: QB’s Allen 4th at 92; Bills 2nd at 89**)

dollars 2 donuts

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So does it even make sense to buy this game once a year then? 

Depends on you.  I do every other year or so, but I always wait for it to go on sale.  Amazon had it for $40 several years in a row, but not so much lately.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

In before the Pat Mahomes 98 Josh Allen 94 drama

Kdiggz I am hoping for about 95 and at least 5th among qbs.

I hope and wish he would be higher, but I know how EA Tiburon works.

It honestly becomes WTF if he is a 92, the 9th or 10th qb and not even in the top 20 overall in league.

edit: Kelce is a 98 (I believe), and I just don’t think he is a better TE than Allen is a QB.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Now that the ratings are coming out, does Josh join that 99 club? What about the rankings of the rest of the Bills?

disclaimer: if you don’t care, cool, no need to comment then, just move along. Just a fun little topic for those who want to discuss it

I saw him as a 95 on Reddit, someone said it was leaked. The other ratings that were leaked have been accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

With potentially six skill positions players on the field at once if Morse and Dawkins are both in the 80s then 8…8 players on offense could all be on the field for the Madden Bills.

I know the game is Madden, but it also could be considered Unreal.

See what I did there?

I’ll go now.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

It's not just Madden, it's almost every game nowadays.  The game companies are in such a big rush to get the games released that they always have tons of issues that they "just patch" right when the game comes out.  A lot of new games will have a several GB patch the day it releases.  

My main issue with Madden has been the bugs and the make new things for franchise mode that are nice, only to get rid of them a year or 2 later for "improvements" that are actually not.

That's why most indie companies now don't have a full release and they put out a "early access/open beta" version to constantly patch it while users find the bugs for them. 

Then usually a full release happens a while after that. 

Bigger companies like EA don't because they are more focused on sales than a product being good. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That's why most indie companies now don't have a full release and they put out a "early access/open beta" version to constantly patch it while users find the bugs for them. 

Then usually a full release happens a while after that. 

Bigger companies like EA don't because they are more focused on sales than a product being good. 

This is way too much information! 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

This is way too much information! 

I get the joke but there are games that never make it to a full release because there is no interest after they release the "early access/open beta". :thumbsup:

Edited by The Wiz

6 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Now that the ratings are coming out, does Josh join that 99 club? What about the rankings of the rest of the Bills?

disclaimer: if you don’t care, cool, no need to comment then, just move along. Just a fun little topic for those who want to discuss it

Zero chance of Allen being rated 99. They'll give that to Mahomes. They seem to like to only have one player at each position at a 99, if any. Rodgers will probably be a 98.

Allen will probably be around 94 or 95, I'm guessing.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

Depends on you.  I do every other year or so, but I always wait for it to go on sale.  Amazon had it for $40 several years in a row, but not so much lately.

I do the same. I don't buy it every year, but every couple of years I do, and I buy it well after it comes out to save some money.

It always feels like they don't change a ton, but if I ever go back and try to play the previous version it shocks me by how much worse it looks and feels. So yeah, they do have issues to address, but I think Madden is a fun game. I enjoy it. It gets more hate than it deserves.

26 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I get the joke but there are games that never make it to a full release because there is no interest after they release the "early access/open beta". :thumbsup:

I was just making a "full release" joke.  I know almost nothing about current video games.  Never making it to full release can lead to some painful situations though!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I was just making a "full release" joke.  I know almost nothing about current video games.  Never making it to full release can lead to some painful situations though!

Please knock it off, Reign.  I worked kind of hard here.  I don't need you coming in this thread and making a mess all over the place just because of your juvenile humor.  Although I refuse to be a manager here because it is the Mods' job to beat you off of this thread if they believe it appropriate.

That's it...I'm spent. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

There are two other threads on this exact same topic on the main page right now.

The difference is, those other threads actually post some type of valuable information.

@Not at the table Karlos

@Ya Digg?

you two (and many others) can roll your eyes all you want 

Rules are rules. 

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.