And then "BOOM!" Madden 23 ratings started coming out. (**Friday: QB’s Allen 4th at 92; Bills 2nd at 89**)

dollars 2 donuts

6 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

It’s amusing when everyone gets upset over a video game ranking.    😂

I was just going to say the same thing. It’s really funny when bad players complain. 

28 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Excited to complain about this. Bills duo seems right. Honey badger is not close to being the best S and Minka Fitzpatrick not being on here is awful.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

If you like the Bills and you like Madden and you like the Bills in Madden what do you think we are going to talk about now?!!

?...who told you?

OK, cutting to the chase here, EA has started to release the individual player ratings on Madden starting with WRs/TEs and followed yesterday with Edge Rushers/LBs and RBs today, with CBs and Dline on Thursday.

Here's the link:

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/player-ratings/player-filter/player-position/LE,LOLB,MLB,RE,ROLB#ratings-database

This will not be an exhaustive list of Bills, just the primary impact players/starters with maybe some commentary.  Please feel free to add your own thoughts and research. I will try to add each position daily culminating with the QB and team ratings this Friday.  However, please know that my schedule may change as I am an incredibly important and busy person as  Chief Operating President Officer at Important Tech, INC. LLC, a multi-national Erie County branch of Big Deal, LTD.

(key: bold number is the player's overall rating, and the ranking number in parenthesis is their rank at that position)

(7/18) Wide Receivers / Tight Ends:

Stephon Diggs  95 Overall (5th WR, 7th of WRs/TEs)

Dawson Knox  83 (11th)

Gabriel Davis  80 (57th tied)

Jamison Crowder 80 (57th tied)

iMcK 76 (91st)

OJ Howard 75 (41st)

I believe Diggs may have dropped just a bit from last year(96 maybe?), but I am fine with that.  I thought Knox might have been a little higher than 11th, but I am also comfortable with that and his 83 is respectable.  Should he be an 85?  Yes, but again not quibbling here.  Given that it is not an extensive body of work Davis at 80 is good, too and I am pleased to see Crowder at 80, as well.  I am having difficulty as a Bills fan wrapping my head around having an offense that may have 3 WRs 80 and above, with a TE 80 and above hitting the field at once with a QB that should really be at least a 95 (we'll see).  Crazy.

(7/19) Edge Rushers:

Von Miller  92  (8th)

Edmunds 84 (44th)

Milano  83 (61st)

Rousseau 76 (103rd)

As with Diggs I think Miller dropped as well from 94.  And as with Diggs, too, I am fine with it.  Are our LBs a tick higher than what they were given.  Probably.  After that, nobody until Rousseau.

(7/20) Running Backs:

Singletary 81 (35th)

Cook 75 (65th)

(Further)

Duke Johnson 73 (75th)

Moss 72 (88th)

Again, maybe I am getting soft as I turn the corner into my teen, acne and urges years, but I am perfectly fine with DS at 81.  Cook at 75 is so easily to be expected as a rookie and what round he was picked in.  As with my comment up with the receivers and tight end the Bills could take the field on offense in Madden with every single skill position (5 or 6) at 80 or above, with two of those (Diggs and Allen) for sure in the 90s.  Good times compared to how bad this team has been in Madden in previous years.

(7/21) Cornerbacks and Dline:

(7/22) Quarterbacks:

(7/22) Teams:

Ratings matter but also dont.  Speed is #1.  How fast is Cook?  Anything over 92 and its a wrap.  Mckenzie and Austin make the offense very difficult to defend.  Crosses and seems will kill.  Vin Miller with the coverage takes away the deep passes.  

Maddens number makes Buffalo a sleeper.   They have skill where it counts and speed everywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

@Not at the table Karlos

@Ya Digg?

you two (and many others) can roll your eyes all you want 

Rules are rules. 

Why are you calling me out? One thread was about supposed leaks over a month ago and the other one was started at literally the exact same time as mine (which is why mine was merged) 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was just going to say the same thing. It’s really funny when bad players complain. 

Excited to complain about this. Bills duo seems right. Honey badger is not close to being the best S and Minka Fitzpatrick not being on here is awful.

Wow. Mathieu is nowhere close to the best safety in the NFL. He has been on a steady decline for a couple of years now. The Chiefs were happy to let him walk. What are the Madden ratings makers thinking?

He is still good, but not the best in the NFL...

Edited by MJS

12 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Now that the ratings are coming out, does Josh join that 99 club? What about the rankings of the rest of the Bills?

disclaimer: if you don’t care, cool, no need to comment then, just move along. Just a fun little topic for those who want to discuss it

people get very mad about madden threads for some reason - anyways no If I had to guess I’d say Allen comes in at a 97.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Ratings matter but also dont.  Speed is #1.  How fast is Cook?  Anything over 92 and its a wrap.  Mckenzie and Austin make the offense very difficult to defend.  Crosses and seems will kill.  Vin Miller with the coverage takes away the deep passes.  

Maddens number makes Buffalo a sleeper.   They have skill where it counts and speed everywhere.

Matt, I forget which Madden (‘04, ‘02?) but with Bledsoe (still rated well…likely 2002) throwing to Moulds, Price and Reed, and Travis out of the backfield and Larry Centers catching balls…man, it was just a mediocre Madden team with a dynamic and productive offense.  You could some games back in the day with the stock team online…which nobody plays with the stock team anymore online…I’m old. 😢

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

people get very mad about madden threads for some reason - anyways no If I had to guess I’d say Allen comes in at a 97.

Seemingly by insider predictions gonna be a 95, but I’d kiss you right now for above if we were in the same room, JP.  Which would be awkward because my daughter is here right now watching Bluey on Disney.

Not too awkward as I have a book at the ready to explain things.

“Daddy Just Loves The Bills!”

Quick Edit:  I honestly now can’t get the 97 out of my head.  Dang it, it isn’t likely to happen, but it seems so right.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Matt, I forget which Madden (‘04, ‘02?) but with Bledsoe (still rated well…likely 2002) throwing to Moulds, Price and Reed, and Travis out of the backfield and Larry Centers catching balls…man, it was just a mediocre Madden team with a dynamic and productive offense.  You could some games back in the day with the stock team online…which nobody plays with the stock team anymore online…I’m old. 😢

Bledsoe was like a 90 or 91, I don’t think a Bills QB has ever been higher than that

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Bledsoe was like a 90 or 91, I don’t think a Bills QB has ever been higher than that

Oh boy, Andy, you are going to make me date myself.  

If memory serves me correctly they did Madden ratings by numbers even early on and as such then there was, at the very least, one other time.  

John_Madden_Football_'93_Coverart.png

To explain it to those who might not know on the timing of Madden releases, Madden '93 was the game released in the Summer / Fall of 1992, which means it was after the Bills 1991 Super Bowl campaign year in which Kelly was the League MVP and the Bills lost to Washington.  The Bills were just about the best team in the game. Jim Kelly was just about the best QB in the game. 

I still have it and the Sega Genesis it played on.  Part of my gaming history which you can come visit and see in the storage area of my basement.   Like the Albright Knox this is a limited exhibition as my wife is complaining about needing more storage space for things we actually use.  

No.  Historical. Perspective. Whatsoever.  

EDIT:  For crying out loud this is going to be the 30TH ANNIVERSARY of the first Madden game I ever bought!!

giphy.gif

EDIT 2:  11 years after I bought my first Madden game I joined a particular message board for the purpose of interesting, diverse and intelligent Bills talk and I can say with all honesty there has definitely been Bills talk.

:lol:  I kid, I kid.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What did they rate Cook?

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/player-ratings/player-name/James Cook/22054

75.  Really not bad for a rookie rating and where he was drafted.  If he shows a lot (keeping mind it might be difficult showing a lot if he is the RB 40% of the time) he could get close to 80 by the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/player-ratings/player-name/James Cook/22054

75.  Really not bad for a rookie rating and where he was drafted.  If he shows a lot (keeping mind it might be difficult showing a lot if he is the RB 40% of the time) he could get close to 80 by the end of the season.

For sure.  Solid rookie rating.  Rousseau had a good rookie year and is a 76 this year iirc

• Like (+1) 1

• dollars 2 donuts changed the title to And then "BOOM!" Madden 23 ratings started coming out. (**Thursday's CBs and Dline update is...well...up**)

Average rating of the Bills starting DBs: 89

Average Rating of our current Offensive skill position players assuming Josh comes in at a 95, and with a 3 WR set, and TE on the field: 85.67

If the team rating comes in at anything lower than a 90 tomorrow I am going down to EA Tiburon's HQs in Florida demanding to fight someone.  

Not at that moment, mind you, as I will need time to prep as I am more than deserving of a training montage video.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.