And then "BOOM!" Madden 23 ratings started coming out. (**Friday: QB’s Allen 4th at 92; Bills 2nd at 89**)

dollars 2 donuts

If you like the Bills and you like Madden and you like the Bills in Madden what do you think we are going to talk about now?!!

?...who told you?

OK, cutting to the chase here, EA has started to release the individual player ratings on Madden starting with WRs/TEs and followed yesterday with Edge Rushers/LBs and RBs today, with CBs and Dline on Thursday.

Here's the link:

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/player-ratings/player-filter/player-position/LE,LOLB,MLB,RE,ROLB#ratings-database

This will not be an exhaustive list of Bills, just the primary impact players/starters with maybe some commentary.  Please feel free to add your own thoughts and research. I will try to add each position daily culminating with the QB and team ratings this Friday.  However, please know that my schedule may change as I am an incredibly important and busy person as  Chief Operating President Officer at Important Tech, INC. LLC, a multi-national Erie County branch of Big Deal, LTD.

(key: bold number is the player's overall rating, and the ranking number in parenthesis is their rank at that position)

(7/18) Wide Receivers / Tight Ends:

Stephon Diggs  95 Overall (5th WR, 7th of WRs/TEs)

Dawson Knox  83 (11th)

Gabriel Davis  80 (57th tied)

Jamison Crowder 80 (57th tied)

iMcK 76 (91st)

OJ Howard 75 (41st)

I believe Diggs may have dropped just a bit from last year(96 maybe?), but I am fine with that.  I thought Knox might have been a little higher than 11th, but I am also comfortable with that and his 83 is respectable.  Should he be an 85?  Yes, but again not quibbling here.  Given that it is not an extensive body of work Davis at 80 is good, too and I am pleased to see Crowder at 80, as well.  I am having difficulty as a Bills fan wrapping my head around having an offense that may have 3 WRs 80 and above, with a TE 80 and above hitting the field at once with a QB that should really be at least a 95 (we'll see).  Crazy.

(7/19) Edge Rushers:

Von Miller  92  (8th)

Edmunds 84 (44th)

Milano  83 (61st)

Rousseau 76 (103rd)

As with Diggs I think Miller dropped as well from 94.  And as with Diggs, too, I am fine with it.  Are our LBs a tick higher than what they were given?  Probably.  After that, nobody until Rousseau.

(7/20) Running Backs:

Singletary 81 (35th)

Cook 75 (65th)

(Further)

Duke Johnson 73 (75th)

Moss 72 (88th)

Again, maybe I am getting soft as I turn the corner into my teen, acne and urges years, but I am perfectly fine with DS at 81.  Cook at 75 is so easily to be expected as a rookie and what round he was picked in.  As with my comment up with the receivers and tight end the Bills could take the field on offense in Madden with every single skill position (5 or 6) at 80 or above, with two of those (Diggs and Allen) for sure in the 90s.  Good times compared to how bad this team has been in Madden in previous years.

(7/21) Cornerbacks and Dline:

Tre White 93 (9th Overall, 3rd CB)

Von Miller 92 (16th, 5th RE)

Micah Hyde 91  (29th, 6th S, 3rd FS)

Jordan Poyer 90 (37th, 10th S, 6th SS)

Taron Johnson 82 (93rd)

Ed Oliver 81 (100th)

DaQuon Jones 75 (203rd)

Jordan Phillips 73 (228th)

Kaiir Elam 73 (255)

Tim Settle 73 (264th)

AJ 72 (267)

I know, I know, weird grouping for release of ratings mixing Dline and DBs.  Don't shoot the messenger, this is on EA.  Tre White still getting the love, but it may be a step back from last year.  I believe he may have been a 94 or 95.  Still, 3rd overall amongst the CBs I will live with.  Hyde and Poyer right where @Warcodered showed us they would be yesterday.  Right or wrong that is where they are.  TJ, getting a bit of surprising love, but I will most certainly take it.  I may be in the minority, but I think Oliver should be a tic or two higher...82 might just be right for him. I am quibbling, but still.  The thing is we see a steeeeeep drop off after that before we get to Jones at 203.  The big debate or the one I have the biggest problem with is Elam at 73 (EDIT: Elam is the 111th rated CB overall...jeepers.  will check the rookie at some point) .  Yes he is a rookie, but he is a 1st round pick.  I may check later to see where other first round DBs rank. I will recheck the list later, but boy.  You guys be the judge if some of our other guys should appear earlier.  I will say that with our LBs this puts us with 8 potential players on the field in the 80s or above on D...big day tomorrow with QBs and Teams.

(7/22) Quarterbacks:

Allen 92 (4th)

4th…OK.  92…not really ok, but it is to scale.  Brady had a great season last year, but it is more than that in the ratings and I just don’t think he should be number 1 at 97.

(7/22) Teams:

Bills 89 (2nd)

Bills under 90 I don’t like, but will take the number 2 spot in the league.  However, Tampa at number 1!

EDIT:  However, Tampa at number 1?1?!  Your moms could take Tampa Bay out at any given time.

So...ummm...I guess we are done here...

...well...bye you guys.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Now that the ratings are coming out, does Josh join that 99 club? What about the rankings of the rest of the Bills?

disclaimer: if you don’t care, cool, no need to comment then, just move along. Just a fun little topic for those who want to discuss it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• dollars 2 donuts changed the title to And then "BOOM!" Madden 23 ratings started coming out.

**Edit**

Didn't realize you'd be updating this with actual rankings - thank you for putting that together.

My first impression was that this was just going to be another "lets talk about Madden rankings" thread... of which there were already two on the main page.

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

There are two other threads on this exact same topic on the main page right now.

The difference is, those other threads actually post some type of valuable information.

BTW, Rigotz, my bad on missing that other thread.  I just scanned the main page and I didn't see it.

I am still likely to do the dailys with update and commentary, but if the mods ditch mine because of the May 27th thread I get it.  

I'd be shocked if Josh was a 99 this year. I think he'll be in the mid 90s. 

But after he wins MVP and Super Bowl MVP this year he'll be the first player in Madden to ever have a rating of 100. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Milano should be higher.  He needs to be at 88 area.

Royale...brother, it is not mine or some of the other followers' imaginations...EA Tiburon, the makers of Madden, are not the biggest Bills fans.  It was like getting your teeth pulled watching them slooooooowwwwwwllly raise Allen's rating last year.

In short you are spot on correct on him needing to be higher.  Hell even at least an 85.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Royale...brother, it is not mine or some of the other followers' imaginations...EA Tiburon, the makers of Madden, are not the biggest Bills fans.  It was like getting your teeth pulled watching them slooooooowwwwwwllly raise Allen's rating last year.

In short you are spot on correct on him needing to be higher.  Hell even at least an 85.  

Are you hitting on me?

• Haha (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

There are two other threads on this exact same topic on the main page right now.

The difference is, those other threads actually post some type of valuable information.

So you’re talking about the one posted on May 27th (that talked about leaks but nothing concrete) and then the other one posted at the exact same time as mine….cool, got it 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Really wish Madden didn't become such a bad game to play.  Or else the Bills would be so fun to play with compared to previous seasons.

I haven't played Madden since the Donovan McNabb cover which I think was like 2004.  

I've heard chatter that Madden has gotten worse.  What's the issues with the game now?

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I haven't played Madden since the Donovan McNabb cover which I think was like 2004.  

I've heard chatter that Madden has gotten worse.  What's the issues with the game now?

I tried playing it last year ( it was included in Xbox live subscription) and just felt it is too robotic and too many micro transactions.  

They are saying it is a football simulator then make movement and stuff too scripted. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's not just Madden, it's almost every game nowadays.  The game companies are in such a big rush to get the games released that they always have tons of issues that they "just patch" right when the game comes out.  A lot of new games will have a several GB patch the day it releases.  

My main issue with Madden has been the bugs and the make new things for franchise mode that are nice, only to get rid of them a year or 2 later for "improvements" that are actually not.

2 minutes ago, cle23 said:

It's not just Madden, it's almost every game nowadays.  The game companies are in such a big rush to get the games released that they always have tons of issues that they "just patch" right when the game comes out.  A lot of new games will have a several GB patch the day it releases.  

My main issue with Madden has been the bugs and the make new things for franchise mode that are nice, only to get rid of them a year or 2 later for "improvements" that are actually not.

So does it even make sense to buy this game once a year then? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.