Three questions every AFC East must answer before the start of the 2022 season

BillsFan619

The three they listed for us were:

1. What is Tre'Davious White's timeline to return?

2. How will the change from Brian Daboll to Ken Dorsey change the offense?

3. Who will play opposite Von Miller?

If you want to read the questions for the other AFC East teams, click on the link below. Go Bills!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/three-questions-each-afc-east-team-must-answer-before-start-of-2022-season-wholl-call-plays-for-patriots/amp/

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I feel like question 2 is the only real wild card.

I feel pretty comfortable saying that Tre will return before the playoffs and Groot is starting opposite Von. 

Is Tre really sposed to be out that long?? I thought maybe the first month or so.

24 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Is Tre really sposed to be out that long?? I thought maybe the first month or so.

The Haden "recruitment" story this week with Diggs might provide a clue.

I think White is going to be out till November.  Maybe that Packers Sunday night game week 8 - it comes right after the bye.  

This isn't a 31 year old CB hoping to get back asap and play.  Tre has 3-5 prime years to go. 

I'd sign Haden.  Plus he'd be a good mentor for Elam and Dane.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

McDermott started two rookies for most of the season in 2016 for the Panthers.  He seems to have a lot of faith in Jackson so it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Elam and Jackson as our two outside CB's entering week one.  His ability to quickly develop young DB's makes me doubt we pursue Haden. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

He was injured on Thanksgiving.  The start of the season is 9 months.  I don’t know the severity of the ACL, but 9 months is usually enough time in 2022 to be close to ready.  We’ll see.  I’m interested in a positive way for Dorsey.  We’ll find out soon enough his slant on the job.  Daboll did a great job when here, just wondering how Dorsey will be different or will he?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

McDermott started two rookies for most of the season in 2016 for the Panthers.  He seems to have a lot of faith in Jackson so it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Elam and Jackson as our two outside CB's entering week one.  His ability to quickly develop young DB's makes me doubt we pursue Haden. 

Unfortunately the hardest part of the schedule is the first 7 games.  They play Stafford, Jackson, Mahommes and Rodgers during that span in addition to the wrecking ball Derrick Henry.  Good news is only one of the 7 games is against an AFC East opponent.

Yeah, #3 is a dumb one…obviously from someone who doesn’t closely follow the team.  It’s Rousseau’s job to lose, but everyone knows there will be a rotation.

I have to admit I’ve become more and more concerned about the Tre timeline.  It’s probably just the lack of information coming out of OBD; all we hear is “he’s on schedule, he’s working hard.”

Once training camp hits we’ll find out the real story…sort of.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Unfortunately the hardest part of the schedule is the first 7 games.  They play Stafford, Jackson, Mahommes and Rodgers during that span in addition to the wrecking ball Derrick Henry.  Good news is only one of the 7 games is against an AFC East opponent.

I'm assuming White at the latest will be back after the bye to play the Packers.  Baltimore WR's are below average as a group so I'm not too concerned about our secondary in that game.  Same goes for the Titans.  Stafford and Mahomes are definitely a problem though.  That's why we pay our starting quarterback 43 million a year.  Outscore them.

23 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Its a 7-9 month recovery.  I've heard nothing about setbacks etc.  I assume he'll be somewhat bubble wrapped in camp but i expect Tre to start week 1.

I think if it isn't week 1 it will certainly be by week 4 unless he has had a setback.

As long as Haden can pass a physical, I think he's coming to camp in the next 1-2 weeks.

Beane won't potentially jeopardize the season by not having enough quality CB's in the pipeline, especially as noted, with the quality of offenses we're facing during the first half of the season

10 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

If you want to read the questions for the other AFC East teams, click on the link below. Go Bills!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/three-questions-each-afc-east-team-must-answer-before-start-of-2022-season-wholl-call-plays-for-patriots/amp/

The only two worries I have on offense is how Dorsey will add opponent specific wrinkles to the plays they run to better target/confuse players on defense week to week and how he will adjust in game to what defenses try to do.  Daboll was really good at this for the most part...giving a defense a new wrinkle that made the play look the same but with a slight tweak to specifically put defenders in their defensive scheme in a bind. Sometimes the adjustments took a little more time than I would have liked, but typically out of the half, the Bills did well at putting points on the board. If Dorsey can at least do as well as Daboll in these regards I think the offense will be even better than it has been the last two years with the added firepower we have now.

11 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Does Mcbeane know about this? They better stop everything becuase they "MUST" answer this....

Good Lord - Must be getting old - the pompousness of sports writers these days....

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he had surgery first week of December 2021?  We are 7 months this month.

Likely will be at least 9 months...some studies done showed players who had a shorter timetable for coming back than 9 months had a much higher chance of reinjury. Highly doubt the Bills would risk this for an extra month especially when Wallace and Jackson played very well while he was out last year and they likely upgraded with Elam at Wallace's old spot.

Edited by Big Turk

1-  just don’t rush it

2-  this could make or break our season, but our QB should be able to overcome any shortcomings.

3- those that have a clue know there is one answer of who will start opposite Von

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Likely will be at least 9 months...some studies done showed players who had a shorter timetable for coming back than 9 months had a much higher chance of reinjury. Highly doubt the Bills would risk this for an extra month especially when Wallace and Jackson played very well while he was out last year and they likely upgraded with Elam at Wallace's old spot.

He injured his ACL on 12 December. 9 months from there is 12 September. That is about opening week. But you give someone 3-4 weeks to be game ready. He will be ready by week 4 unless there are setbacks.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.