Bill Polian “Bills are a dyed in the wool Super Bowl contender”

JohnNord

16 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Polian’s rep took a serious hit based on his assessment of Lamar Jackson as a draft prospect but still a very strong take here so let’s hope he’s spot on.  

Also he used an old timey “dyed in the wool” phrase that I’ve never hear before.  It means genuine or uncompromising 

Nobody is right about every prospect.  There were lots of solid respectable football minds, including NFL GMs, who totally misjudged Josh Allen coming out of Wyoming.

Wow. Amazing take. The team that was almost in the Super Bowl the past two years with Josh Allen as QB and bring in Von Miller. We are really a contender? Shocker. It may also snow this winter at some point and I may drink a beer this week. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Definitely need your our core guys to stay healthy. I think the reason for optimism on defense is they have added another elite difference maker in Von and we really saw Oliver emerge in that way down the stretch too so whereas 12 months ago I'd have said White was the only game changer on our defense I hope that we have other guys now who can make that play when we need it. 

I disagree. Poyer, Hyde, and even Milano are all game changers as well. 

• Disagree 1

18 hours ago, chongli said:

Thanks for finding this. I had never heard of the term "dyed in the wool".

Wow we must have a couple of youngsters here 😂 us old farts have certainly heard that one way back when .

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Wow. Amazing take. The team that was almost in the Super Bowl the past two years with Josh Allen as QB and bring in Von Miller. We are really a contender? Shocker. It may also snow this winter at some point and I may drink a beer this week. 

What is this beer of which you speak is it nutritious ? 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Polian’s rep took a serious hit based on his assessment of Lamar Jackson as a draft prospect but still a very strong take here so let’s hope he’s spot on.  

Also he used an old timey “dyed in the wool” phrase that I’ve never hear before.  It means genuine or uncompromising 

The Bills are a "serious SB contender" is a "strong take??  lol--vegas has had them as favorites to win for most of the off-season.  

Bill Polian with a dyed-in-the-wool hot take!!

7 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

I feel a lot better with a OBJ signing….

He's a bum.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.