Tyrod's legacy?

I will remember Tyrod as a hard nosed quarterback who helped us end our drought. He and Shady were a pretty good tandem in the backfield, and could've handled his benching mid-year that season a lot differently, instead of being negative about it and potentially losing the locker room like some players in his shoes might have, he came back strong, and helped us finally reach the playoffs again. So, that's how I will remember him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I hate it when people say “Andy Dalton”.  We would have won 10 games instead of 9 had Tyrod started against Chargers.  I was at that game, and Chargers were a losing team, only had 2 close wins over bad teams and were on a 3 game losing streak.  Tyrod came in 2nd half and was moving the ball no problem.  

I was at that game and other Charger games that year.  No one can convince me we still lose if Tyrod starts that game against that bad team.

So for me, his legacy is as a class act, good teammate who was solid but not great and helped snap the 17 year drought.  Two pro bowls, highest scoring era outside the SB years up that time (Allen offense obviously surpassed that now too making Tyrod era now 3rd highest scoring bills era), and saddled with terrible coaching.  

He should not be crapped on.  Don’t have to think he was great (which he wasn’t great), but he wasn’t remotely as bad as his naysayers say and doesn’t deserve the venom some people spit at him.  

I was there too

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I'd put him way ahead of Bledsoe. Yes, Bledsoe had half a season of greatness before everyone realized, "Wait, he's the same statue that will hold the ball until he either has a huge play or gets sacked that used to play in New England." I'd also put him behind Fitz but I'm less sure of that. Tyrod made great plays with his legs and did make many excellent passes, it just seemed he didn't trust throwing if the receiver wasn't totally open.

If Tyrod could spin the ball half as good as Bledsoe he'd be a Hall of Famer.

• Like (+1) 3

Tyrod is still tied for second all time in lowest Interception percentage at 1.6%.  He is tied with Mahommes and only Aaron Rodgers at 1.3% is lower.  The difference obviously is those two QBs still take plenty of chances with the ball and produce TD's and wins.  

The Bills led the league in rushing two years in a row with TT and I believe were top 10 in points both years.  If Rex didn't destroy the defense he could have been an average winning QB.  His Bills legacy was forever written in Jax. It was a game the Bills should have won but he was terrible all game and missed a wide open TE (Clay?) for a go ahead TD in the second half.   

Screaming at my television that I never want to see him in a Bills uniform ever again as he walked off the field in Jacksonville was it for me. Thankfully I never had to stomach another chickensh*t performance like that again.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I'd put him way ahead of Bledsoe. Yes, Bledsoe had half a season of greatness before everyone realized, "Wait, he's the same statue that will hold the ball until he either has a huge play or gets sacked that used to play in New England." I'd also put him behind Fitz but I'm less sure of that. Tyrod made great plays with his legs and did make many excellent passes, it just seemed he didn't trust throwing if the receiver wasn't totally open.

Yes, TT was WAY ahead of Brain Dead Drew.

There is absolutely no reason to hate Tyrod.  The guy gave his all but just wasn't good enough in the end.  He could hit the open targets but was unable to throw with anticipation or throw guys open.  Absolutely appreciate his time here and what he accomplished, as far as getting the team into a position where they could get into the playoffs.  Breaking the drought was great, that playoff game not so much.

Edited by DallasMac
  • Like (+1) 2

Average to above average QB, with some playmaking ability (mostly with his legs) Good teammate and by all accounts person. He just wasn't good enough to carry a team on his back. At the end of his time with the team, his play became frustrating to watch.

Both Fitz and Tyrod are the same guy, good players but not good enough to win consistently. 

He was consistent, passable or mundane depending on how you were looking.  He wasn't great, he wasn't terrible.  He wouldn't be the one to lose you games, but he wouldn't personally win them either.  He would give you 7-9 wins, no more, no less.  Some people applauded him for one side of it, some hated him for the other.  The JAX playoff game showcased his limits, and made it clear he wasn't the future.  That being said, I still think he's almost a model backup QB, where that consistency is valued in someone you're hoping will help you keep your head above water until your starter returns.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Tyrod had his lung in the wrong place, at the wrong time.  That has to be part of this story, because it’s just so crazy. 

Not really.  A needle near the lung for any reason/indication has a risk of pneumothorax. It is recovered from very quickly in most cases.  The reason Tyrod was listed as out "indefinitely" after that game where the injury became known immediately prior to kickoff is because Herbert came in as a rookie and threw for 300 yards.

That was it for TT.....

Athletic, game managing QB who wouldn’t lose the game for you on a bad turnover.  One of the better QB’s we had during the playoff drought era. Seemed like a good guy and wasn’t a lockeroom cancer. 

Yes, it was frustrating seeing him throw 150-200 yards a game and only throw to someone if they were wide open with no defenders around him. But, he helped break the playoff drought and gave us our first taste of the playoffs in 17 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.