Roger Waters - Pink Floyd

\GoBillsInDallas/

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

keep playing those same 6 songs Rog---the oldsters are still eating it up...

This confuses me.  His catalog is enormous between Floyd and his solo work. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

keep playing those same 6 songs Rog---the oldsters are still eating it up...

Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall just to name a few. Lots of songs to choose from. Me personally my all time favorite Floyd song is... SOYCD.

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall just to name a few. Lots of songs to choose from. Me personally my all time favorite Floyd song is... SOYCD.

One of my faves, for sure and from one of my favorite Floyd albums.  Great, great stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Definitely a douche. But really, he always has been so it's not just "old man yells at clouds".

That said, he does have a sense of humor about it (even if that humor is also doused in douchery). The opening of his current tour starts with a "welcome to the show" voice-over, and includes something like "if you're one of those "I love Pink Floyd but can't stand Roger's politics" people, you might do well to f-ck right off to the bar right now."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQD9ciDP0a0

Edited by DD4Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I luckily have no problem totally separating the artist from their music. Had to do this with Roger years ago. 

Agreed. There are plenty of artists I can enjoy who I think are totally crazy when it comes to their political view. And many who I tend to agree with politically, but whose music I can't stand. To thinking people they are two separate things and can be compartmentalized. 

6 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Agreed. There are plenty of artists I can enjoy who I think are totally crazy when it comes to their political view. And many who I tend to agree with politically, but whose music I can't stand. To thinking people they are two separate things and can be compartmentalized. 

What, are you an adult or something?

15 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I luckily have no problem totally separating the artist from their music. Had to do this with Roger years ago. 

Generally speaking, I'm the same.

My only exception is Ted Nugent.  He's an ignorant POS.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He has his political views but he's always been good to the fans. How could you not like the Amboy Dukes? They put out some fantastic music.

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

Does that mean you like Kid Rock?

LOL.  I was going to lump him in with Nugent but decided not to.  But yeah ... definitely torn from the same cloth.  I just think Nugent takes the ignorance to another level.  Kid Rock is just looking for attention.  Nugent actually believes the crap that comes out of his mouth.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The person who tests that the most for me is Kanye West. He’s probably the only one where is whacked out personality has effected my enjoyment of his work, which is a shame because he had a great stretch.

5 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

What, are you an adult or something?

Take that back! 

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've never been able to stand Nugent's or Kid Rock's music, so there's nothing for me to reconcile here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.