Leonard Fournette Checking In At 260lbs?

H2o

Yikes. I know some people on here were clamoring for him. This isn't a good look.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/18/report-leonard-fournette-weighs-almost-260-pounds-bucs-coaches-arent-happy/

“Coaches were not happy, and that’s an understatement, when he didn’t participate in the OTAs, but then he shows up at the mandatory minicamp weighing damn near 260,” Stroud said. “And that’s not a good sign for a guy that you just spent a three-year contract on.”

• Shocked 1

Our Karlos Williams.  Cut him now to send a message.  You guys know the Bucs are my second team only for my sons as they were born and raised here.

there is now way this guy loses 30 lbs. I’m a month.  I did it in wrestling once, but I went to the extreme as

a teenager.  In retrospect I was incredibly unhealthy losing that much weight that fast.

place him on the practice squad and he can do an in season tryout when he hits 225lbs.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, julian said:

Maybe he’s been working out with Josh, according to Poyer on the Tyreek Hill podcast Allen is currently 260 LBs 

People use the 237 number that Josh had at the combine but we all know that can't be true anymore.  I described him as probably a bucket of wings shy of 250 now but 260?  Maybe that's when fully padded.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Our Karlos Williams.  Cut him now to send a message.  You guys know the Bucs are my second team only for my sons as they were born and raised here.

there is now way this guy loses 30 lbs. I’m a month.  I did it in wrestling once, but I went to the extreme as

a teenager.  In retrospect I was incredibly unhealthy losing that much weight that fast.

place him on the practice squad and he can do an in season tryout when he hits 225lbs.

They already paid him a $5 million bonus & they guaranteed $12 million of his contract.  According to the link, cutting him gets the team a $9 million dead cap hit.  They're not cutting him & then turning around & signing him to the practice squad because they immediately get dinged an additional $5.33 million on the cap over what they have keeping him & working him into shape on the 53 man roster. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/leonard-fournette-21745/

On Karlos Williams, you beat me to it.  I was going to post a joke that he trained with Karlos in the offseason.  

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Hill has a podcast? 🤮. Poyer was on it? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Yeah it’s call “it needed to be said” I’d link it but I’m old and slow

14 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

People use the 237 number that Josh had at the combine but we all know that can't be true anymore.  I described him as probably a bucket of wings shy of 250 now but 260?  Maybe that's when fully padded.

Yeah it was surprising as I was thinking 250 for sure, but he repeated it when Hill and the other guest pushed back as they were shocked 

33 minutes ago, julian said:

Maybe he’s been working out with Josh, according to Poyer on the Tyreek Hill podcast Allen is currently 260 LBs 

I'm not gonna lie, Josh has been looking a little, um....HEFTY this offseason.

He's a young guy living his best life, and it's probably fine. 

I just hope that it doesn't affect his speed and athleticism. I also know that taking good care of one's body and nutrition increases the likelihood of a long career. There's a reason Tom Brady is still playing so well at age 44 and Ben Roethlisberger looked so awful at age 39.

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm not gonna lie, Josh has been looking a little, um....HEFTY this offseason.

He's a young guy living his best life, and it's probably fine. 

I just hope that it doesn't affect his speed and athleticism. I also know that taking good care of one's body and nutrition increases the likelihood of a long career. There's a reason Tom Brady is still playing so well at age 44 and Ben Roethlisberger looked so awful at age 39.

I don’t disagree, I’m just thinking Allen is the kind of athlete the NFL has never seen at QB, it’s hard to imagine Allen with all the work he’s done ever letting his body becoming a hindrance and not an advantage.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, julian said:

I don’t disagree, I’m just thinking Allen is the kind of athlete the NFL has never seen at QB, it’s hard to imagine Allen with all the work he’s done ever letting his body becoming a hindrance and not an advantage.

I hope you're right.

While it's clear that he works super hard at his craft -- mechanics, throwing motion, etc -- I've never really heard him mention nutrition or diet. I HAVE heard him talk about crushing wings and drinking Labatt's. 

Like I said -- probably not too big a deal right now, but over time, a good diet and intelligent nutrition choices will preserve his athleticism and lengthen his career.

• Agree 1

Just now, Logic said:

I hope you're right.

While it's clear that he works super hard at his craft -- mechanics, throwing motion, etc -- I've never really heard him mention nutrition or diet. I HAVE heard him talk about crushing wings and drinking Labatt's. 

Like I said -- probably not too big a deal right now, but over time, a good diet and intelligent nutrition choices will preserve his athleticism and lengthen his career.

As long as his mobility is there, I don't care if he comes to play with a 1990s QB gut and dad bod.  I think a little extra padding is good for overall durability.  Allen has said the heavier he gets the fast he has gotten.  I'm thinking at about 295 he could break a 4.0 40 yard dash if my math is correct.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Good, turmoil in opposing teams organizations is just right for us,

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They already paid him a $5 million bonus & they guaranteed $12 million of his contract.  According to the link, cutting him gets the team a $9 million dead cap hit.  They're not cutting him & then turning around & signing him to the practice squad because they immediately get dinged an additional $5.33 million on the cap over what they have keeping him & working him into shape on the 53 man roster. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/leonard-fournette-21745/

On Karlos Williams, you beat me to it.  I was going to post a joke that he trained with Karlos in the offseason.  

This is the biggest thing. After his run in Jax and last couple of seasons with Tampa, he finally gets some "financial stability" so to speak then immediately reverts back to poor lifestyle decisions. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.