Buffalo Bills rookies report to training camp today!

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

👍🏻

you can’t expect all Bills fans to be all Kool Aid all the time.  

you can expect many bills fans to be all booze and will only sip the koolaid when we get a Lombardi.  PTSD is real in some.  

until the team has achieved the goal (a goal that was certainly achievable the last 2 seasons), people will have reason to look for reasons why we’ll fail.

last year, I felt that we should’ve about added someone @ cornerback.  I didn’t think had enough speed at the position.  I wasn’t wrong.  

I also felt that we needed another TE to pair with Knox so we can be more versatile and run more multiple sets.  We ended up with a 4th rd Pick OT as our TE2.  I wasn’t wrong.  

i felt that Mongo was a bum and should’ve have been resigned unless he was a backup C. I wasn’t wrong.  

i wasn’t happy with our investment in the OL.  we lost a couple games (and home field advantage) thanks to our OL

All of my worries had a hand in our season ending.

Going into this offseason, I felt that we needed to upgrade pass rush, CB2, TE2, add some playmakers and improve the OL.  An upgrade @ RB or adding Tremaines potential replacement would be Cherries on top.   Beane checked almost all of the boxes.  

that said, if this upcoming season were to end with a Loss, I think we may be discussing the OL play or WR depth as then reasons.  I hope Kromer can be a huge difference maker and that both Diggs and Davis can stay healthy to play in the playoffs.

this is what we do on message boards. 😘 

Agreed.  There is a thoughtful and considerate way to do it, and a "I know more than you do" way to do it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

It’s football season already?  I’m still getting into shape to wear my Bills Speedo at the beach. 

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Pics?

Oh God no. Please don't do it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Interested in the first 2 picks, because I think they can make strong contributions right away…I think Bernard and Sakir will be buried on the depth chart…And Punt God is a long shot to make the team imo…

Haack was terrible last year has tailed off a bit. Araiza has a better leg and will give us better field position in that battle imo. If Araiza can get down holding kicks for Bass, he will even more of a lock. I think we are moving on from Haack.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I have a feeling the passing game is going to be different this year. The addition of QB coach Joe Brady who is supposedly very good at route concepts is one reason. Then the talk of 2 TE sets.  Then the addition of a RB who's specialty is receiving out of the backfield. Then there is a long time coach like Kromer who will have a good deal of input when it comes to designing plays. Everyone is so focused on Ken Dorsey that they forget that the supporting staff will be in Dorsey's ear as well. There are going to be some wrinkles that we haven't seen.

It's quite possible Gabe Davis has a break out year, but so could Dawson Knox. Some of the things the coaches come up with outside of what the offense all ready does well, that's just added gravy. There's no way Dorsey is going to just retool the whole offense, but there will be some experimenting.

There have been some nice pieces added in the offense as far as players go. It's going to be an interesting year. The offense was ultra productive last year and the goal is to keep moving forward. I think between the new players and coaches, we're going to some good things. Rookies will get there chances, but the Bill's will lean on their bread and butter first.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I have a feeling the passing game is going to be different this year.

Let's hope it isn't TOO different. Why screw with a good great thing?

5 hours ago, Rigby said:

Haack was terrible last year has tailed off a bit. Araiza has a better leg and will give us better field position in that battle imo. If Araiza can get down holding kicks for Bass, he will even more of a lock. I think we are moving on from Haack.

What would make someone think Araiza is a long shot? As you stated Haack was terrible and the Bills would not have drafted a punter if they were comfortable with Haack.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’m actually really interested in our rookies this year.  

-James Cook role

-Terrel Bernard’s role

-Can Shakir play outside or are we rockin with Diggs, Davis and an army of slot WR’s

-Punt god

Elam is a guy I just expect to be good, tbh, but the other 4 main guys are pretty intriguing.  

Are you typically not really interested in the Bills rookies?

Even when the Bills picked Erik Flowers in round 1 when I had a 6th round grade on him I was still "really interested" in how that class would play. :lol:

7 hours ago, Rigby said:

I shouldn’t speak for him, but I think he’s saying that the skill of holding for kicks isn’t likely to be mastered in a few of months.

The only thing that really matters in this competition is his ability to hold.  Either they trust him or they don’t .  If they don’t, I don’t think he’ll make the team unless they are ok using 2 roster spots for punter.  I’m vehemently opposed to such nonsense.  Be good enough at holding to gain trust or get cut

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

I shouldn’t speak for him, but I think he’s saying that the skill of holding for kicks isn’t likely to be mastered in a few of months.

The only thing that really matters in this competition is his ability to hold.  Either they trust him or they don’t .  If they don’t, I don’t think he’ll make the team unless they are ok using 2 roster spots for punter.  I’m vehemently opposed to such nonsense.  Be good enough at holding to gain trust or get cut

Pat McAfee has talked about how he never knew how to hold coming into the league since he was the punter and kicker at West Virginia.  He lied to Bill Polian and the Colts telling them that he could, but he had never held in his life.  Adam Vinatieri called him on his holding and sent him to work with the guy that held for him in New England.  His lack of holding experience didn't seem to affect Vinatieri too much.  McAfee was an athletic punter/kicker and he was able to learn...no reason to think Araiza won't be able to as well.  Pretty safe to say that the Bills are putting Araiza through his own holding camp, complete with "the guy that held for Bass" teaching him.  The Bills don't need Araiza to master holding, he just needs to be good enough to not hurt the team while being better punting the ball than the incumbent who the team had such little faith in that they used a draft pick on a punter.

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

If Araiza can hold for kicks, he'll learn to do it quickly or not at all.  I doubt he'll have a problem with it.

15 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Just be European and don’t give a *****.  You can just let it all hang out ….. everywhere…. 

Please don't ever come to Europe. Apart from France. Go to France you'll be fine. 

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

If Araiza can hold for kicks, he'll learn to do it quickly or not at all.  I doubt he'll have a problem with it.

I’m sure he can, but it’s not a given.  Corey B didn’t hold in college.  Didn’t turn out well.  Not many nfl  punters that I know of never held in college.  I’d give him around a 65-70% chance of becoming trustworthy.

26 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Pat McAfee has talked about how he never knew how to hold coming into the league since he was the punter and kicker at West Virginia.  He lied to Bill Polian and the Colts telling them that he could, but he had never held in his life.  Adam Vinatieri called him on his holding and sent him to work with the guy that held for him in New England.  His lack of holding experience didn't seem to affect Vinatieri too much.  McAfee was an athletic punter/kicker and he was able to learn...no reason to think Araiza won't be able to as well.  Pretty safe to say that the Bills are putting Araiza through his own holding camp, complete with "the guy that held for Bass" teaching him.  The Bills don't need Araiza to master holding, he just needs to be good enough to not hurt the team while being better punting the ball than the incumbent who the team had such little faith in that they used a draft pick on a punter.

No reason to believe he can’t…..but realize that there is a chance that he doesn’t….. like Corey B.  He’s a good athlete…..but show me the baby.  It’s not a given 

11 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

Stationed in Europe 30-40 years ago and only Americans wore shorts on the beaches, everyone else wore speedos.   Has that changed?

I wear shorts at the beach and that is because I am kind to others and not because I am an American 🙂

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Corey B.  He’s a good athlete…..but show me the baby.  It’s not a given 

In different ways, that's why there should be a lot of interest in every rookie class and esp this year because we are looking to fill some holes - CB to start the season, slot WR, breakout RB etc.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.