Buffalo Bills rookies report to training camp today!

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2022/7/18/23268238/buffalo-bills-rookies-report-to-training-camp-monday

Buffalo Bills rookies report to training camp Monday

For the first time in three years, the Buffalo Billsare officially back at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, New York, just outside of Rochester. After a two-year COVID-related hiatus, the Bills’ rookies have to report to training camp on Monday, July 18th, 2022.

The Bills are joined by the Oakland Raiders as the only teams welcoming in rookies on Monday. On Tuesday, another chunk of teams will have rookies report; The Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Chargers, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, and New York Jets. The rest of the NFL will report their first-year players over the next week.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't count the times I have watched this.  But whenever I need a pick me up, watching this does that.

I haven't been this stoked for a Bills season since 1992...

I love the line " ... and he just daggers you ..."

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PackerNation said:

I'm sure the rooks are thrilled to have to spend a extra week in the dorms that the vets don't have to do.

Yeah, the players don't like staying in the dorms during camp. Sure, Josh Allen can say he enjoys the card games, but he sure as hell isn't requesting to get there a week early like the rooks.

At least you have Jordan Love!

• Haha (+1) 5

28 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I'm sure the rooks are thrilled to have to spend a extra week in the dorms that the vets don't have to do.

Yeah, the players don't like staying in the dorms during camp. Sure, Josh Allen can say he enjoys the card games, but he sure as hell isn't requesting to get there a week early like the rooks.

Rookies are thrilled for the opportunity to make an NFL Roster. They would probably sleep in tents for the chance to get reps with Josh Allen

10 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It’s football season already?  I’m still getting into shape to wear my Bills Speedo at the beach. 

Pics?

53 minutes ago, wjag said:

I can't count the times I have watched this.  But whenever I need a pick me up, watching this does that.

I haven't been this stoked for a Bills season since 1992...

I love the line " ... and he just daggers ya ..."

Big Eisen fan but I don't recall seeing this.  I remember this being my thought after the game though.  Absolutely sucked how it ended but it was at least comforting knowing we have a qb that I believe is going to get that SB win.  

48 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

There making good money just for being talented at a sport.

I'm sure they will get over it.

1 minute ago, Coastie said:

It is so weird I am most interested in the sixth round kicker. I hope everyone balls out but I know who I will be watching most.

I’m actually really interested in our rookies this year.  

-James Cook role

-Terrel Bernard’s role

-Can Shakir play outside or are we rockin with Diggs, Davis and an army of slot WR’s

-Punt god

Elam is a guy I just expect to be good, tbh, but the other 4 main guys are pretty intriguing.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m actually really interested in our rookies this year.  

-James Cook role

-Terrel Bernard’s role

-Can Shakir play outside or are we rockin with Diggs, Davis and an army of slot WR’s

-Punt god

Elam is a guy I just expect to be good, tbh, but the other 4 main guys are pretty intriguing.  

Agreed-  I’d just add:  Can Shakir win the return job.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2022/7/18/23268238/buffalo-bills-rookies-report-to-training-camp-monday

Buffalo Bills rookies report to training camp Monday

For the first time in three years, the Buffalo Billsare officially back at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, New York, just outside of Rochester. After a two-year COVID-related hiatus, the Bills’ rookies have to report to training camp on Monday, July 18th, 2022.

The Bills are joined by the Oakland Raiders as the only teams welcoming in rookies on Monday. On Tuesday, another chunk of teams will have rookies report; The Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Chargers, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, and New York Jets. The rest of the NFL will report their first-year players over the next week.

Are  you going to change the title to "Yesterday," tomorrow?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, eball said:

I don’t know how anyone can be excited about this rookie class when there is a HUGE PROBLEM AT THE BILLS’ LACK OF DEPTH AT BOUNDARY RECEIVER. 

It's never too early for Doom & Gloom!!!! 

But seriously, our #2 outside wr in 2020 was Jon Brown who amassed less than 500 yards and 3 TD's with a rookie Gabe Davis as #3 outside. 

Our #2 outside wr in 2021 was Manny Sands who amassed 600 yards and 4 tds with a second year Davis in the #3 outside role....

This year Davis steps into #2 with a rookie Shakir in the #3 outside wr role... 

I don't really see our wr depth much year the last 2 seasons. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, eball said:

I don’t know how anyone can be excited about this rookie class when there is a HUGE PROBLEM AT THE BILLS’ LACK OF DEPTH AT BOUNDARY RECEIVER. 

No offense, but I think this is a petty post my friend.  A Badol-like post.  A pot shot out of nowhere for no reason aimed at air but meant to be received by a handful.  

They are mutually exclusive.  I’m super excited—— but I also acknowledge our lack of depth on the outside.  

When your team is stacked you look for potential weaknesses.  Boundary depth is a potential weakness.  Our offense is fueled by its passing attack and winning the Super Bowl is the only positive outcome the season. Can we win the SB without Diggs or Davis?  Idk.  Gabe Davis hasn’t been able to stay healthy as a backup, now we’re counting on him to play 💯 of the snaps.   You really can’t see why some are worried about the depth?

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No offense, but I think this is a petty post my friend.  A Badol-like post.  A pot shot out of nowhere for no reason aimed at air but meant to be received by a handful.  

They are mutually exclusive.  I’m super excited—— but I also acknowledge our lack of depth on the outside.  

When your team is stacked you look for potential weaknesses.  Boundary depth is a potential weakness.  Our offense is fueled by its passing attack and winning the Super Bowl is the only positive outcome the season. Can we win the SB without Diggs or Davis?  Idk.  Gabe Davis hasn’t been able to stay healthy as a backup, now we’re counting on him to play 💯 of the snaps.   You really can’t see why some are worried about the depth?

I wouldn't say petty...I'd say uber-sarcastic.  And if Badol and his ilk ever tried to communicate in the way you laid out your third paragraph there would be a lot more harmony on this board, in my opinion.

Injuries are always a concern, for every team.  I think the Bills offense is extremely versatile and even if Diggs or Davis go down for a bit I am not a gloom-and-doomer.

How many NFL teams won't miss a beat if their #1 or #2 outside receivers miss time?  I'm not going to say that just because so-and-so doesn't have a certain length arm he can't fill in for a spell on the outside.  I believe the Bills will look at what everyone can do in training camp and we'll see a variety of looks.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, eball said:

I wouldn't say petty...I'd say uber-sarcastic.  And if Badol and his ilk ever tried to communicate in the way you laid out your third paragraph there would be a lot more harmony on this board, in my opinion.

Injuries are always a concern, for every team.  I think the Bills offense is extremely versatile and even if Diggs or Davis go down for a bit I am not a gloom-and-doomer.

How many NFL teams won't miss a beat if their #1 or #2 outside receivers miss time?  I'm not going to say that just because so-and-so doesn't have a certain length arm he can't fill in for a spell on the outside.  I believe the Bills will look at what everyone can do in training camp and we'll see a variety of looks.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

👍🏻

you can’t expect all Bills fans to be all Kool Aid all the time.  

you can expect many bills fans to be all booze and will only sip the koolaid when we get a Lombardi.  PTSD is real in some.  

until the team has achieved the goal (a goal that was certainly achievable the last 2 seasons), people will have reason to look for reasons why we’ll fail.

last year, I felt that we should’ve about added someone @ cornerback.  I didn’t think had enough speed at the position.  I wasn’t wrong.  

I also felt that we needed another TE to pair with Knox so we can be more versatile and run more multiple sets.  We ended up with a 4th rd Pick OT as our TE2.  I wasn’t wrong.  

i felt that Mongo was a bum and shouldn’t have been resigned unless he was a backup C. I wasn’t wrong.  

i wasn’t happy with our investment in the OL.  we lost a couple games (and home field advantage) thanks to our OL

All of my worries had a hand in our season ending.

Going into this offseason, I felt that we needed to upgrade pass rush, CB2, TE2, add some playmakers and improve the OL.  An upgrade @ RB or adding Tremaines potential replacement would be Cherries on top.   Beane checked almost all of the boxes.  

that said, if this upcoming season were to end with a Loss, I think we may be discussing the OL play or WR depth as then reasons.  I hope Kromer can be a huge difference maker and that both Diggs and Davis can stay healthy to play in the playoffs.

this is what we do on message boards. 😘 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.