More Stadium Details Emerge

Steel City Mafia

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's never the right play in the northern latitudes.

Hot climates need domes, not cold ones.

I’ve been uncomfortably wet/cold at games up north, and absolutely &^%$ing miserable at early season games in Florida. Like, run for shade, you’re the only person left in your row HOT! I ended up watching a game in Jax on the little monitor over the concession stand to get away from the heat! Me…….and everyone else! I’ve turned down FREE early season tix in Tampa. 

This is a very valid point.  Cold is not the only enemy. 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

80,000 seat capacity back then. 75,141 attended, which would be among the biggest crowds in the NFL today. 

"failed to sell out" while true is also misleading. People act like there were 40,000 people there because of the weather. 

I think you are reading into things a bit

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve been uncomfortably wet/cold at games up north, and absolutely &^%$ing miserable at early season games in Florida. Like, run for shade, you’re the only person left in your row HOT! I ended up watching a game in Jax on the little monitor over the concession stand to get away from the heat! Me…….and everyone else! I’ve turned down FREE early season tix in Tampa. 

Shade is not the same thing as a dome.   

I do not mind covered top to shield from sun and deflect rain but every dome I have been has been uncomfortable no matter time of year.

I do agree that cold / wet can be very uncomfortable.  I sat thru the Bills-Brown game to the end with a friend and my nephew.

I think Minnesota stadium looks very good alternate but I have not tried it.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The newest European soccer stadiums have roofs that cover every seat. It’s not that difficult with modern engineering designs. It’s been said many times on here…just Google the new Tottenham Stadium in London. It was designed by the same architectural firm. 

Yet most of the PSL survey questions seemed to indicate most seats would not be covered.  Only time will tell. 

The newest European soccer stadiums have roofs that cover every seat. It’s not that difficult with modern engineering designs. It’s been said many times on here…just Google the new Tottenham Stadium in London. It was designed by the same architectural firm. 

Covered meaning the sun doesn't hit you and you can't get rained on?

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Shade is not the same thing as a dome.   

I do not mind covered top to shield from sun and deflect rain but every dome I have been has been uncomfortable no matter time of year.

I do agree that cold / wet can be very uncomfortable.  I sat thru the Bills-Brown game to the end with a friend and my nephew.

I think Minnesota stadium looks very good alternate but I have not tried it.

uncomfortable in a 70-degree dome? Really?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Hot climates are perfect for cooking fans in domes.

Even GOAT Cheater Teflon™ Tom thinks so.

https://nesn.com/2021/12/tom-brady-reveals-how-he-really-felt-down-28-3-in-super-bowl-li/

You should take a minute to really think about that

7 hours ago, Augie said:

People can bundle up in cold. You're never going to freeze to death in a football stadium, but you most certainly can overheat.

• Disagree 2

On 7/17/2022 at 12:01 PM, BTB said:

After seeing the PSL survey questions, I am very interested to see how many seats are covered?  Gut feeling is that it is not going to be anywhere near the number that many have speculated/wished for. 

I wonder how many of the anti-domers will be changing their tune when they find out they are not protected from the elements?

I'll give you the short and sweet answer......None!!  The place sells out regularly now. The PSL is gonna make or break my decision to re-new. Being covered from the elements has nothing to do with my decision. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Covered meaning the sun doesn't hit you and you can't get rained on?

Yes. The stadiums have a solid roof. Because of how they design soccer stadiums with fans sitting just a few feet from the touch line (sideline) the front row seats can get wet with wind driven rain but everyone is dry. Piece of cake! 

Yes. The stadiums have a solid roof. Because of how they design soccer stadiums with fans sitting just a few feet from the touch line (sideline) the front row seats can get wet with wind driven rain but everyone is dry. Piece of cake! 

Seems like a lot opportunity for sun roasted fans on a day like today. Also, wouldn't any wind would drench more than he first row it fans?

image.png.1fc9aeb1dda23cbc6f0e9b949998bf7c.png

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Seems like a lot opportunity for sun roasted fans on a day like today. Also, wouldn't any wind would drench more than he first row it fans?

image.png.1fc9aeb1dda23cbc6f0e9b949998bf7c.png

London isn’t all that windy but it does rain a lot. Remember, the European soccer season spans the cooler, wetter, part of the year. They’re less worried about sun. I hope that helps. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

London isn’t all that windy but it does rain a lot. Remember, the European soccer season spans the cooler, wetter, part of the year. They’re less worried about sun. I hope that helps. 

Times are changing!

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

You should take a minute to really think about that

People can bundle up in cold. You're never going to freeze to death in a football stadium, but you most certainly can overheat.

you could if you get naked at the game!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/17/2022 at 12:01 PM, BTB said:

I wonder how many of the anti-domers will be changing their tune when they find out they are not protected from the elements?

If you're waiting to drink up the schadenfreude of regret from the outdoor crowd, I can tell you right now you are going to be very disappointed. In 5 years the only people crying about the lack of a dome will be the exact same people here today crying about the lack of a dome. Nobody who voted for an open-air stadium is going in with expectations of being completely protected from the elements. Everything I'm reading about the new stadium (aside from PSLs and the increased price) sounds incredible.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:55 AM, Bubba Gump said:

I'll give you the short and sweet answer......None!!  The place sells out regularly now. The PSL is gonna make or break my decision to re-new. Being covered from the elements has nothing to do with my decision. 

If the Bills do what the Jets did then you will have options. You can pay it in one shot but most people can't do this. They also gave the option to pay it over 10 years and 15 years. With those options they do charge interest. The Jets also sent the PSL fee out in late Sept/early Oct with it being due Nov 1st. It's separate from when the season ticket bill is due which is in the spring.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.