More Stadium Details Emerge

Steel City Mafia

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nobody is forcing anybody to go to a football game tho

It’s been open air for 50+ years… You know what you’re dealing with … if you don’t want to go , fans can stay home 

And there are plenty of fans who do want to keep open air.. 75% of the people didn’t say dome on the survey and then they just chose open air

You’re right. No one is forcing anyone to go.  

They may also be preventing many fans from attending by not putting some sort of roof on.  Most of my aunts and uncles live in Dunkirk or Cheektowaga.  All 70+ years old.  All die hard fans since existence.  None of which would consider attending a game in terrible weather at Highmark.

Hopefully they’ll be able to construct the new stadium so the elements won’t be as brutal.  

Interesting thread - a loooooooooot of speculation based on an article that only provided top line details...

My plan, wait to see what it's like rather than complaining about what I think it might not have.  Most importantly, it's being build around Hammer's Lot, so at least OUR traditions will be the same. 🤣 :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re right. No one is forcing anyone to go.  

They may also be preventing many fans from attending by not putting some sort of roof on.  Most of my aunts and uncles live in Dunkirk or Cheektowaga.  All 70+ years old.  All die hard fans since existence.  None of which would consider attending a game in terrible weather at Highmark.

Hopefully they’ll be able to construct the new stadium so the elements won’t be as brutal.  

I fully understand that point

My father has been going to games since the rockpile

He’s as Buffalo as you get… Season ticket holder for a long time

Even as an old timer he understands the stadium experience is built for the younger crowd… The tailgating, Open air, The shenanigans

When it gets too cold for him he just watches at home.. He honestly doesn’t complain, He actually likes it better with his HD TV… But he understands the youngins will brave it out

He voted no dome on his survey knowing he can’t go to every game And being a purest of the sport

23 hours ago, Virgil said:

Nothing I read about this new stadium leaves me feeling good about the fan experience. 

When I read about higher elevated seats and more levels, I think about hiding the every day fans in the upper decks to make room for corporate seating in the lower bowl.  

I am genuinely afraid that the lower bowl will be highly priced in both seat value and PSL, and less total seats to make room for walkways and restaurants.  

This is how it was in the lower bowl in Jacksonville and I hated it.  

I very much hope I’m wrong 

Don’t worry too much, fifty feet higher (but closer toward the field) isn’t going to make much difference when you already aren’t close enough to read jersey numbers in the current/ old stadium nose bleed seats. It appears though ,that they will have bigger and multiple concourse levels/areas which should allow for better amenities that a not to few number of fans have called for repeatedly in one way or another over the years. We all knew higher ticket prices were coming,  higher ticket prices come part and parcel with any new stadium. I suspect that the new house is gonna be real damn nice, (and really loud on game day) jmo of course.

Go Bills!!!

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I fully understand that point

My father has been going to games since the rockpile

He’s as Buffalo as you get… Season ticket holder for a long time

Even as an old timer he understands the stadium experience is built for the younger crowd… The tailgating, Open air, The shenanigans

When it gets too cold for him he just watches at home.. He honestly doesn’t complain, He actually likes it better with his HD TV… But he understands the youngins will brave it out

He voted no dome on his survey knowing he can’t go to every game And being a purest of the sport

My relatives would much rather attend the games in person.  Especially playoff games.  The games that matter the most.  But they can’t due to the weather.

They didn’t vote, but they told me they were furious when they found out there is no option for even a retractable roof.  Lots of people who attend games didn’t vote.  Mostly older folks that don’t pay attention to online polls and such. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My relatives would much rather attend the games in person.  Especially playoff games.  The games that matter the most.  But they can’t due to the weather.

They didn’t vote, but they told me they were furious when they found out there is no option for even a retractable roof.  Lots of people who attend games didn’t vote.  Mostly older folks that don’t pay attention to online polls and such. 

Again I fully understand that 

I understand there’s a lot of older people who would like A dome … If we didn’t have such a rabid Fanbase who embraced everything it might be easier to go that route of a dome 

But we have 50+ years of embracing the weather despite what some people say that we don’t show up

It’s basically if it’s not broke don’t fix it

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Again I fully understand that 

I understand there’s a lot of older people who would like A dome … If we didn’t have such a rabid Fanbase who embraced everything it might be easier to go that route of a dome 

But we have 50+ years of embracing the weather despite what some people say that we don’t show up

My frugal buddies love how much we show up.  They paid $30 for playoff tickets last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My frugal buddies love how much we show up.  They paid $30 for playoff tickets last year.  

Again I think everybody has a different  Opinion of good attendance and tickets sold is what really matters 

I went back four Seasons… The lowest attendance for any December or January game was 60,000… the snowbowl for Indy 

Before the patriots playoff game last year trolls were talking about how many tickets were for sale… Not mentioning the fact that those were all secondary tickets… It doesn’t matter if there’s 10,000 tickets for sale on the secondary market, Because those 10,000 were already bought from Pegula 

Not to mention 10000 Season ticket holders are from Canada or Syracuse or Rochester or out of state… And they all can’t make the game… and lots bought playoff tickets 

Hence why 10 thousand tickets go on the secondary market

I called the Buffalo Bills 4 days before the patriots game.. To see how many actual tickets left from the box office there were… I was told less than 300

So they sold them all… Which is what actually matters

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Again I think everybody has a different  Opinion of good attendance and tickets sold is what really matters 

I went back four Seasons… The lowest attendance for any December or January game was 60,000… the snowbowl for Indy 

Before the patriots playoff game last year trolls were talking about how many tickets were for sale… Not mentioning the fact that those were all secondary tickets… It doesn’t matter if there’s 10,000 tickets for sale on the secondary market, Because those 10,000 were already bought from Pegula 

Not to mention 10000 Season ticket holders are from Canada or Syracuse or Rochester or out of state… And they all can’t make the game… and lots bought playoff tickets 

Hence why 10 thousand tickets go on the secondary market

I called the Buffalo Bills 4 days before the patriots game.. To see how many actual tickets left from the box office there were… I was told less than 300

So they sold them all… Which is what actually matters

Just like most debates, there are statistics that help prove both sides of an argument

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2017/sort/homePct

sort by home percentage and then check each season.  They started keeping track in 2006.  We were dead last that season.  We haven’t finished in the top 1/2 of the league once.  

2010-29th

2011-29th

2012-26th

2013-24th

2014-24th

2015-16th

2016-23rd

2017-24th

2018-28th

2019-17th

2021-21st

i don’t care enough to spend anymore time on the subject.  I get your point.  I too enjoy an open aired stadium more than a dome stadium.  I only attend maybe 1-2 home games a year, so my opinion really doesn’t mean anything.  I just don’t believe that are home attendance is very good compared to the league.  The stats prove it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just like most debates, there are statistics that help prove both sides of an argument

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2017/sort/homePct

sort by home percentage and then check each season.  They started keeping track in 2006.  We were dead last that season.  We haven’t finished in the top 1/2 of the league once.  

2010-29th

2011-29th

2012-26th

2013-24th

2014-24th

2015-16th

2016-23rd

2017-24th

2018-28th

2019-17th

2021-21st

i don’t care enough to spend anymore time on the subject.  I get your point.  I too enjoy an open aired stadium more than a dome stadium.  I only attend maybe 1-2 home games a year, so my opinion really doesn’t mean anything.  I just don’t believe that are home attendance is very good compared to the league.  The stats prove it

Again I also understand your point… But If the worst season we did was 90% capacity… That’s still really not a concern

The weak teams below us are in the 80% 70% range , that’s a problem

The 17 years of no playoffs absolutely weakened some spirits 100% regardless of today

We also led the league in attendance in 1990.. So if we win consistently it’s gonna come back

It’s coming back… The drought spurned a lot of people

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Disagree 1

19 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're not taking account games where tickets are going for $6. It was really embarrassing when our lone playoff game last year had resale tix for $25. It was -5. you say? Well if you don't want a dome, that shouldn't matter. should it.

If Bills do not want cheap seats dumped on market they should stop restricting zip codes and stop selling them first to ticket agencies which are dumping them to make whatever they can when their resales are poor.

On 7/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, Buffalo716 said:

Nobody is forcing anybody to go to a football game tho

It’s been open air for 50+ years… You know what you’re dealing with … if you don’t want to go , fans can stay home 

And there are plenty of fans who do want to keep open air.. 75% of the people didn’t say dome on the survey and then they just chose open air

every public poll. Every article asking fans. Every FB poll asking for responses show more than 50% want a dome. Most showed 60 to 80 % favoring a dome.

many of these likely are fans who will not go in cold bad weather. And older fans. You also hear time and again younger fans who wish to bring older family members but they cannot tolerate the elements. Bills are missing out on large fan attendance group. The partial roof may appease many and hopefully will work. The Tottenham HotSpurs stadium template populous said they will follow, looks like a great compromise.

looking forward to the new stadium with the wind negated.

Survey Shows What Bills Fans Want for New Stadium in Buffalo (driveresearch.com)

www.driveresearch.com/market-research-company-blog/survey-shows-what-bills-fans-want-for-new-stadium-in-buffalo/

Only 33% of Buffalo Bills fans are satisfied with the decision to not add a roof to the new stadium.

Bills fans want a mechanized roof, more entrances and exits for cars, and additional bathrooms in the new Buffalo stadium.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Heitz said:

Interesting thread - a loooooooooot of speculation based on an article that only provided top line details...

My plan, wait to see what it's like rather than complaining about what I think it might not have.  Most importantly, it's being build around Hammer's Lot, so at least OUR traditions will be the same. 🤣 :beer: 

I don’t know where you’ll sit in the stadium, but your tailgate will be like a high end suite on the 50 yard line! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If Bills do not want cheap seats dumped on market they should stop restricting zip codes and stop selling them first to ticket agencies which are dumping them to make whatever they can when their resales are poor.

I was not aware they did that. First I heard.

22 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

And we’ve always dealt with it

Grumpy old men here. -5F? At least it couldn’t rain :) …horses, telegraph and football in -5F. NHL plays in Dixie—Let’s advance people. Pegulas $5B is serious multigenerational wealth, that can’t be an inhibitor either. Has anyone realized he can give $1B to each kid and it’s functionally VERY hard to spend 1,000 millions. 

Edited by Since1981

On 7/17/2022 at 9:46 PM, Buffalo716 said:

All of those tickets were bought first hand first for face value 

it absolutely doesn’t matter to the league or the pegulas what the secondary market goes for 

the tickets sold originally … that’s the only fact

if 70k were sold and only 62k showed up … well pegulas still sold 70k

it matters in terms of home field advantage and noise level.  It also matters to the fans considering traveling from out of town to buy tickets.  Oh, -5, rainstorm, it sucks.  It also defeats our biggest strength, our offense. 

23 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

it matters in terms of home field advantage and noise level.  It also matters to the fans considering traveling from out of town to buy tickets.  Oh, -5, rainstorm, it sucks.  It also defeats our biggest strength, our offense. 

The biggest advantage of playing Outdoors in the winter is the effect it has on the opposing quarterback usually 

Jack Kemp, Kelly and Allen all have an advantage most don’t… They possess really good arm strength to cut it through games in late December and January

As much as you think it’s going to hamper our offense… It’s going to hamper the other teams quarterback and offense even worse 

hence 11-3 all time in the playoffs At the Ralph 

And the coaches could bring us outside late in the year and we could practice in it to get semi used to it

Other teams will struggle coming here worse… always has 

It literally takes a once in a lifetime windstorm to make us really ineffective… And even then Josh threw a pass 50 yards down the field that hit diggs in the hands

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.